Zombox

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombox, Oct 12, 2011.

1. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    BOO YAH GO ZOMBOX LOl..... update please?

2. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Of course! This week once the update is ready, I'll be showing the underground sewer system that you can explore and meet new NPCs in.

3. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Cool this game is going to be amazing:D

4. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    New updates to Zombox this week!

The world now features an elaborate, underground sewer system that you can explore by entering/exiting various manholes throughout the city. The sewer system features shops, medic stations, etc, and will eventually be filled with NPCs -- the remaining survivors of the apocalypse -- who you'll be able to interact with.

Here's the overall layout of the 3 main sewers (the largest one is still a work-in-progress):

[​IMG]

Here's a .gif showing the player entering a sewer, looking around a bit, and then exiting:

[​IMG]

5. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Really like the sewer system. Looks great!

6. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    This game just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for the realease. :D

7. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks guys! This week I'm working on NPCs and am already making great progress....it's pretty cool having other characters in the world with you to help fight off the hordes!

8. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    What if there were different gangs inside the sewers and you sometimes encountered gang fights

9. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    As of now, this is my most anticipated game. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

10. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    That's a cool idea, although the sewers are currently meant as a safe zone.

That being said, if you do the wrong thing the NPCs could turn on you!

11. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    This keeps getting better and better. Have you planned new updates after the release? Free updates, and DLC? :)

From Kehaan

12. Sheo

Sheo Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Russia
    Hi there, today I saw your game. Its brlliant. Your game is so amazing so I just cant wait to play it! I have some ideas to make your game a little better:)
    1) When you start a new game, a large random map will be genereted. Every time different map.
    2) Map can include special places like library where you can find crafting receptes, supermarkets (a lot of things inside:D), little shops, ammunition shops, clothing stores. Of course inside these buildings will be a lot of zombies;)
    3) All weapon must be breakable.
    4) Items to decorate your home (table, chair, sofa, pictures, bed and other).
    5) Guns can have a different types of ammo (fire ammo, freeze ammo, poison ammo, slowly ammo and other).
    6) Different types of zombies (big, slow zombies dealing great damage; little fast zombies dealing less damage; zombies with gun and more).
    7) We need to store all our items and weapons, so we need chests (or something to put our stuff inside:D).
    8) Large buildings with several floors to explore.
    9) Hunger bar for more realism! When its empty your health will slowly decrease. I think its very important thing. And a lot of different types of food that influence on character stats (fast moving, fast health regeneration or decrease speed movement for a limited time).
    10) NPC's in sewers must gives quests (kill XX zombies, kill boss, collect and bring XX items) with a reward (special weapons, clothers or just a resources). Quests are really very important part of game! We need to do something in game:D
    11) Personal garden to grow vegetables and fruits that can be eaten. Besides why not to use them to craft potions? Seeds to plant them can be found at supermarkets or bought at NPC shops in sewers.
    12) Do NOT create a level system with XP!!! Only weapons, clothers and foods can change character stats. Its my opinion:)
    13) Create some unique weapons that can be only found, not crafted. Bosses can defend them;)
    Thats all:) If I remember something I will write it here.
    Please make a beta-version of a game in TestFlight to play on iPhone! Beta-test should be open for all people. Its my opinion again:D. Do it as soon as you can! We are waiting! You must understand us! Your game is great! Please write me here what do you think about my ideas, I really want to help.
    With best wishes,
    Sheo

13. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions, Sheo.

Currently, maps are not randomized.

Maps already have 15 different building types, each with different item/weapons inside.

Although this has been suggested before, I've decided against it. It involves too much micromanagement.

That being said, there are different levels of quality for most weapons and items that affect performance. A "broken hammer" will do less damage than a "special hammer", but a "special hammer" will never degrade into a "broken hammer".

Eventually you'll be able to build props like this, yes.

There are already craftable weapons that modify the type of ammo of the original weapon. For example, crossbow + lighter + duct tape = fire bow, which ignites targets. Crossbow + lighter + gun powder + duct tape = boom bow, which shoots darts which explode on impact.

There won't be any zombies with guns (Romero zombies before Land of the Dead could not use guns, and that's what my zombies are modeled after), but there are big/small/medium zombies all whom have different speeds and strengths. Also some zombies are wearing armor, and others carry blunt weapons which deal more damage.

Yes, this will eventually be implemented.

Unfortunately the current engine doesn't support multiple floors on buildings.

This is all already implemented. See this blog post for more info.

Yes, this is already being implemented.

I've thought about having gardens...it's a good idea. Not sure if they'll make it into the first release, or in a later update.

Level system is staying, but it does not affect stats other than total player HP (only weapons and clothing affects the other stats). Instead, level system will affect skills. For example, lock-picking can be learned at higher levels, etc.

There are lots of unique weapons that can only be found or purchased :) You'll have to wait to play the game to see what they are, but currently there are over 700 different weapons and items that can be found or purchased.

14. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
  15. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    NICEE, looks great but i think you should have all the npcs in the general area attack you, when you attack one npc :p

16. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I like the NPCs. Great work I can't wait for this game to come out

17. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Each time you attack an NPC, nearby ones are notified, but their threshold for attacking you as well is a little higher than the one that you're directly attacking.

So basically, if you attack an NPC, nearby ones will tell you to stop, and if you keep doing it, then they're come and attack you too. It's to give you a bit of warning first before you're ambushed :)

18. Bparker

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Do NPCs give you anything if they are killed

19. zombox

zombox Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes, eventually you'll be able to search their bodies and take their items/weapons.

20. knighthalo123

Feb 9, 2011
    COOL u know u should add like a mob arena type of thing :p or maybe a plot where u are ambushed by npcs who hate u and u have to do quests to earn their trust :D