Universal BattleHeart 2 (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    My favorite team right now is Shadow Knight, Samurai, Necromancer, and Bard.

Shadow Knight has a really important attack debuff skill which is useful for all tough enemies. Samurai is just a pure attacker. Necromancer everyone knows why they're good.

Bard is probably imo one of the most crucial characters in the entire game. Area heal or attack buffs along with complete party skill cooldown reset. The bard is loaded. Upgrading him with increased healing, range, and multiple charges on his first skill make him even more incredible. I highly recommend him for any team. If you haven't tried him you should at least give him a test run. Area heal has been so much better than single heal.

nyanpass likes this.
  2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    My team : Natsuko, November, Odette, Mint. :p

solarnya likes this.
  3. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Is an endless arena mode planned for later?

4. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    You unlock the arena once you hit a certain level experience-wise, I think I got it at level 12. I also had the first boss beaten, in the event that also matters.

5. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #105 dukat111, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Great feedback, I agree on all points and thanks for mentioning a keyboard interface for us smart-keyboard cover people, this would be excellent.

6. starfly3r

starfly3r Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Please do bring back monk, ranger and paladin...

7. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Did anybody notice all the details?
    Slay Living (Necromancer) won‘t do a lot damage to skeletons for example.
    Another one: Those blue fire skulls can‘t be Flash Freezed by the Frost Mage.

8. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Currently we have 4 classes, 3 heroes for each class:
    Healing/Support: Bard, Cleric, War Priest
    Tank: Samurai, Knight, Shadow Knight
    High Damage Melee: Berserker, Rogue, Necromancer
    High Damage Ranged: Pyromancer, Frost Mage, Bloodweaver

Although you could argue that the War Priest is an offensive support hero with a good damage output or the Necromacer is also somewhat a support/tank hero as he can summon skeletons for example.

The developers already often said at twitter that they plan to release 4 additional heroes at the end of the year.
    I doubt that we will see a monk AND a paladin but I could be wrong.
    Regarding the posts I read at twitter over the last months we will see the following heroes which I‘d like to categorize:

Healing/Support: Druid
    Tank: Monk/Paladin
    High Damage Melee: Ninja/Battle Mage
    High Damage Ranged: Ranger

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #109 Nullzone, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Re: Paladin.
    Methinks the Warpriest is exactly that. Looking at BH1 and BHL, he has the old Paladin's signature skills: Aura of Light & Smite.

Also, the way I set my Warpriest up, I classify him as melee damage dealer with (a good amount of) added healing. Definitely not a pure support class like the Bard and Cleric.

That's actually the strongest point of the game for me, after 4 hours or so by now:
    That we have a ton of choices how we develop both individual heroes and the party as a whole.
    VERY well done, @MikaMobile . My felicitations.

Speaking of which...
    Rynn the Shadowknight: Get his +10% Lifesteal skill and the "Shares 50% Lifesteal with party" one. Then load him up with Lifesteal items ;)

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    What does rewind do? Am I missing where the game explains this stuff?

11. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I like the icons for all the modifiers/stats in the menu, life drain, regeneration, critical damage and so on. I think the in-game description of the effects was better done in battleheart 1.
    One example: An user asked in this forum what knowledge does, why not writing increased experience points.
    I am trying to beat the fourth boss at the moment (I have seen quite some items) but I have the following question:

If an item buffs your haste a sword icon is displayed. That means my attack speed will be increased? Aren‘t there any items which will buff my walking speed? I always read the word „haste“ without specifying which speed.

12. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Some general comments based on feedback so far:

While the paladin tank from BH1 was really cool, I think she's lower on the list than a monk tank, since that's a classic we didn't bring over in any form yet. Samuel does have a paladin-y vibe already, even though he's more intended as a support hero. Monk and Ranger are the top 2 for sure, and I'll probably start working on them after the dust has settled from launch.

Control wise, I'm going to explore some (optional) UI features for selecting your dudes and activating their skills when tapping directly becomes tricky.

Keyboard controls are technically in there already for activating skills and selecting heroes (for PC), maybe the keys aren't being recognized on iOS though. I'll check into that.

Rewind is a chance for skills to not consume their cooldown, allowing for back-to-back usage. Detailed stat descriptions can be viewed by tapping the stat in the little attribute column on the left when you're in the equip screen. Haste effects your attack and movement speed. Also, knowledge isn't just XP, but also skill points.

Solarclipse, dukat111 and RPG Geek like this.
  13. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    It will give you a chance to reset the time of an ability right after you used it.
    If your are lucky you can use an ability several times, second after second.

EDIT: I can see that the devs answered this some seconds before me.
    Thank you for answering our questions and releasing high quality games.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @MikaMobile : Keys indeed aren't recognised on iOS. Just tried and can confirm.

Next feedback - skill resets:
    Those should be completely free and possible as often as you want to.
    Go play Tactics Maiden and see how much that adds to the game that you can respec to your heart's content, without any cost.
    Encourages experimenting with different builds and heroes, customising for certain tasks for the hardcore players, takes away the fear of investing wrong and/or getting stuck due to wrong choices, gives players more freedom of choice, etc.
    Not to mention that especially early on you want to experiment, try different heroes and strategies, etc. And by putting a cost on respecs you are taking that away from the players.
    Lastly, not everyone is a hardcore gamer with lots of experience. Newcomers, or even just more casual gamers, would benefit immensely from being able to respec for free, anytime. And for us hardcore folks it opens up the game even more.

I disliked this approach since Diablo 1 at least - and most likely before that, just cannot remember any earlier game right off the bat. And frankly never understood why game developers think this is the way to do it.

15. Szei

Szei Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Pianist
    Completely agree with @Nullzone. Skill resets should be free. It's better for hardcore players who want to experiment. It's better for casual players who may make mistakes and have a hard time because they locked themselves into a bad build. Yea, they can pay to respec but then that's less money for other stuff which could have helped them too.

Free respec is basically just better for everyone.

16. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
  17. MikeyPOTG

MikeyPOTG Active Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Another excellent game by Mika mobile! Really enjoying it so far, especially the coop mode. Looking forward to updates to the game. Definitely wouldn’t mind paying for new heroes or skins.

Played a few multiplayer games with my brother and it was smooth. Then we just tried a couple more and crashed both times. Not sure what the issue is. But anyway, cheers on a great game.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Confirmed to be level 12, not boss related.

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ok, ok. Bought it. Jeeze you guys can sell a game

20. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Don’t know if this bug has reported yet but using the necromancer and exploding the skeletons in multiplayer kicks you out of the game. It also happens when they automatically explode at the end of the level.