Best Eliminate Upgrades

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by thespartan, Nov 2, 2009.

1. braineater2448

braineater2448 New Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Well I just upgraded my auto rifle a bit and I seriously cant get a kill with it. My plasma works great though. I shoot at people for what seems like forever and the auto rifle does nothing. Maybe its not upgraded enough? I put about 500 credits into it.

2. ixBilalxi

ixBilalxi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Fremont, Ca Bay Area
    Aim for the head. Strafe, pick off ppl already in firefights, etc.
    Its easy. And make sure to reload or waste off the half clips to force reload if u dont have a seconday.

Oh and try messing with ur sens.

I only use my slightly upgraded AR and i get first place 9/10 times.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    The plasma cannon despite looking like a shotgun is actually fairly accurate at range when zoomed. I killed a guy on the opposite side of lift when he was on the upper floor and I was on the lower floor with it. I zoomed the plasma cannon and killed him while strafing at the same time xD

4. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Seriously, keep your auto rifle and just upgrade the damage, clip size, and firing rate. get the sniper armor. practice only headshots. you'll go places

5. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    guys, i upgraded my rifle pretty well, and did the mistake of buying the plasma cannon. I also bought the hook and enjoyed it as my secondary weapon. Should i give the plasma cannon a chance and upgrade it, or keep upgrading my rifle, cause i got limited credits. Also, what do you guys think of the assault armor?

6. EnigMoiD

EnigMoiD Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm just guessing here... does an armor with cloaking open up cloaking as an upgradeable area? That's what I think would make the most sense considering the game's focus on upgrades.

If that's the case, what would be the point of getting sniper over sentry when you could just upgrade cloaking and targeting to the same level? Does one let you go higher?

EDIT: I also just played someone who I'm quite sure had the sniper armor, and they weren't the least bit transparent. I sort of don't see the point of sniping when you need to pick up the credits that players drop anyway...

7. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Stop aiming at their toes :) J/K

I use the Plasma and the upgraded AR and am consistently in the top two on every match played. It really depends on your opponents shielding. I dont know your skill levels, however if your are going at a high level player with upgrades you just know you have to get more shots off on them than they do on you. Strafe, shoot, switch weapons, shoot, run if if you can't splatter them!!

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    i was gonna say that too. sniping is kinda useless in this game unless they add like capture the flag or something

9. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    HOW THE **** ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE THE GODDAMN VAPORIZER? Holy shit, I can't kill anyone for the life of me.

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I've really liked the plasma cannon since I got it, and upgrading the clip has done wonders. I just bought the exoaquatic suit, but haven't tested it in game yet. I figured that moving faster in the water would help since 6 out of ten games lately have been in the tank level. My luck I'll never play that again now. At least it came with a targeting upgrade too!

11. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    +1 it's hard as hell!

12. Tarcin

Tarcin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    This game runs perfectly on my first gen iphone.

I love autorifle and plasma cannon. the gravity hook and antimatter gun sucks. But they are pretty.

13. MetroGnome217

MetroGnome217 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    have an idea on how to rid the forums of the constant eliminate threads and questions.
    it seems that people have so many questions about armour, weapons and the paying system becasue the information given is not very specefic.

Perhaps the experienced players could get an account on Wikia and start a wiki on the subject. this would allow players to have an easy and accesable place to learn about the game and not flood TA.

ok lets gather a group of people that are good at this game and they could start writing some articles!
    I started a group for those who would like to help
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=198
    The wikia has been created
    http://eliminatepro.wikia.com/wiki/Eliminate_Pro_Wiki
    create an account and add any content you desire

14. Caboose1408

Caboose1408 Member

I have the plasma cannon.
    I've seen other users use the rocket launcher and they shouldn't use it. It's powerful but most players just avoid it or gang up on the rocket dude.

15. deiden26

deiden26 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    OK this has just gotten ridiculous. I was playing eliminate and I unloaded an ENTIRE clip of my autorifle (28 bullets, everything but zoom upgraded to fourth bar) on some poor soul.

NOTHING

This nerf is ridiculous.

Yes I am sure all of the rounds hit. Yes this guy was a higher level, but he was using standard armor.

I need a new weapon, any suggestions?

16. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    If he's at a higher level and using the standard armor, then obviously he has upgraded the defense very far; are you sure he didn't have any powerups like a health recharge; what level was he? Anyways, aim for the head, Allen said that they just made it harder to get headshots, and that the auto-rifle was more balanced that way. If you really want a new weapon, the Plasma Cannon works really well early on, but according to others, the Vaporizer is best in the long run (after it's been upgraded).

17. deiden26

Sep 23, 2009
    I usually aim for the head, but this guy was pretty fast so it many hit the body. I also understand that he probably upgraded the defense but a full 28 bullets should have taken him down. It only takes a few plasma canon shots to kill me and I am using assault armor. I think I will get Vaporizer if it works well in the long run. I already got antimatter thinking it would be good (big mistake) so I don't want to buy any more unnecessary weapons.

thanks weedeatinflyincougar

18. deiden26

Sep 23, 2009
    edit: sorry, accidental repeat

19. smexeJP

smexeJP Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    i use plasma and rocket launcher
    personally rocket launcher is good for tank level mainly because if a guy is stuck in one of those rooms or a dead corridor not much to hide from because of splash damage
    its a high damage weapon but has many cons
    far range: easy to avoid it you can see it a mile away
    close range: kill yourself

plasma is still my all time favorite its strong and its super good for close range

20. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i cant wait till i get the assault armor, just a few more credits to go!