[Beta Testing] Gunslinger: Zombie Survival (by Pixel Frog)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by johnny_x, Aug 8, 2018.

1. johnny_x

johnny_x Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Game Development and Promotion
    Guangzhou, China
    #1 johnny_x, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Hey all!

I’d like to give everyone here in the Toucharcade community a chance to play our new shooter Gunslinger: Zombie Survival. It’s a 3rd person, low poly, offline shooter for iOS and Android.

Testflight Signup Form: https://goo.gl/forms/09aerVWbM7YIcY5E2

You can also PM me with your Apple ID to get an invite. We start sending out invites this weekend beginning August 10th.

Game Description

A shrouded figure stumbles toward you. You direct your barrel in its direction. Do you shoot? Do you run? Bullets are few, but you’ll also need every bit of your energy for the struggle ahead. Welcome to Gunslinger: Zombie Survival. The apocalypse is upon us, and you’re one of the last humans left. Manage your health, stamina, hunger, and ammo as you try to link up with the remaining survivors of the plague.

- 35 playable zombie survivors. Each with their own look, story, unique stats, and abilities.
    - 20+ weapon arsenal. From flamethrowers to RPGs, AK47’s, and electric crossbows.
    - 3 gameplay modes: story, defense, and survival
    - Progress through creepy suburbs, rural farms, mountain prisons, ocean ports, and dank sewers in an objective based story mode.
    - Hold down the fort and defend against wave after wave of zombies in defense mode.
    - Free roam a map of your choice and survive as long as you can in survival mode.
    - Rich, low poly 3D world built with Unity 3D graphics.
    - Offline play supported. No internet connection required.

Video Previews

GIFs (admin -- help embed these! giphy embed & bbcode wouldn't work!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To learn more, feel free to check out our press kit https://whr2206.github.io/

--- An Extra Note ---

Some of you may remember, I made a post for another game we made -- Raze: Dungeon Area. https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/beta-raze-dungeon-arena-hack-n-slash-arpg-on-testflight.308767/

Toucharcade was even kind enough to post our news on the front page of their website announcing the closed beta and its soft launch.

Shortly after its soft launch, Tencent bought the rights to publish it. So yeah, there’s not much more I can say about Raze(Raziel) except that it has been completely revamped and will launch fairly soon.

Cooper04 likes this.
  2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    I signed up and I’m so hyped This looks very cool! When could I expect an invite?

Koshur likes this.
  3. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    #3 johnny_x, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    We'll be sending invites out this Saturday Beijing Time --- which means starting 12 PM Friday for those of you on EST.

4. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Sweet, hopefully I’ll have that TestFlight in my email ;) I try to test new games as much as I can. But I’ve slowed down some because I was taking on more then I could chew :p but rn I’m open ;)

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Since it's offline you don't have to worry about "falling behind" if you don't log in for a few days. You can play completely at your own pace. :D

Cooper04 likes this.
  6. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    The game is fun and has a lot of potential. I already sent an email through TestFlight discussing my opinions on what I think would make it better ;) but Im already starting to lose interest and I’m only 4 levels in, because it’s really too hard as is. I’ve only been able to unlock 1 gun because I miraculously survived 5 rounds in defense and got the crossbow which is actually worse then the shotgun you start with. But you need at least 2000 gems to unlock a new weapon but you only get 30-60 for a level and 100 from the timed gift and only if you watch ads which that doesn’t bother me, but playing throughout the day everyday since Saturday and I still don’t have enough for a new gun, the guns I have are fully upgraded and fell like there’s absolutely no difference. The paywall hits hard and true lol at the start of the 4th level which is just a narrow bridge, the first enemy you encounter is a spider that poisons you, barely gets hurt by a fully upgraded uzi, the shotgun is too slow and only gives 2 shots before a slow reload, and you’re dead in seconds from the poison. I’ve tried a few times, still stuck at the beginning of the level. So all I can do is redo the first 3 levels, play survival and defense over and over but again it doesn’t take long to be up against hordes of enemies way too strong for you. If you guys can lower the difficulty and make some new guns available for cheaper or increase the upgraded stats of the guns you start with the game will be much better.

7. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    We debated unlocking all guns and characters for closed beta players but we decided against it -- since pacing and monetization should be carefully considered.

I agree. It is too hard to unlock new weapons. Some of the weapons you can unlock in the future are quite fun to use (like the Gatlin gun, flamethrower, and a crossbow with exploding bolts).

I also had the same problem you had on the bridge level, even with my own choice of weapons. In the end, I elected to just run as fast as I could across the bridge, died, used diamonds to revive, (can only do that once each time) and then ran to the end. I think our developers overcompensated on the difficulty a bit -- because Chinese games are normally way too easy. Since they know westerners prefer challenges -- perhaps they were a bit overzealous about that... lol

We encourage anyone who took the time to download and play this game to provide some feedback. We need to hear every opinion possible in order to make proper modifications to this game before a proper launch!

8. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Lol at least I’m not the only one that is having trouble. I had to take a break because I was raging so I’ll go back in and try and just bolt it across the bridge, if for at the very least to be able to move on in the adventure mode. Hopefully they’ll lower the difficulty in the TestFlight version soon, because running through/away is no fun way to play! Sure one could also always log in to claim the 100 gems every time it’s available, 20 times then buy a new gun that way :p I would never ask a developer to unlock everything even for a beta but I would ask them to make it significantly cheaper then they would for the final product (and easier in difficulty) just so the testers can get through the game and report on bugs/glitches and ideas for end game. Then, once you get a good amount of feedback from people who’ve played to the end (or even after, say 2 weeks since the beta started) you can raise the difficulty a little closer to your idea of what it should be. The last thing you’ll want is to release your game as is (sans bugs) and have all the players quit in the first few days when they think they’re being forced to buy iaps to play. I’m sure you know that’s the biggest complaint with any mobile gamer and free games, they expect it to be full of timers and paywalls also most won’t even install it to check it out. But! If they offered like remove ads/coin doubler and an alternate way to buy guns for premium purchasers (or make it so gems are common drops In stead of gold in survival or defense mode for premium purchasers) then people will be more inclined to play, try it out and either pay a one time premium price or just buy gems to unlock guns. Or you can always just leave it as is, but add double the guns and have a set of weapons that cost gems and a set that costs lots of gold like a AK47 be either 2000 gems or 20,000 gold. Just spitballing ideas at this point lol.

9. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Good thing you took a break! Raging with a cell phone in hand is much more expensive than say a keyboard or controller. :D

I'll ask and see if we can unlock things or make adjustments to the Testflight version on the fly. (I'm not fully informed about Testflight and its capabilities) I was really hoping we'd get more than one player's feedback here on Toucharcade.

So if there's anyone else who has played this game so far -- just give it to us how it is. If you wanna rage then rage. If you think it's amazing, so-so, or a pos -- then just tell us here -- and tell us why!

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Actually I’m kinda surprised too most people jump at a chance to test a game :p I finished that bridge level, I just ran through lol. I also unlocked a new main gun. Not the mp5 but the one below it. After logging in and watching ads I finally got to 2000 gems :p I like the gun but I gotta get some coins and upgrade it cause I’m running out of ammo to fast. Which actually brings me to a suggestion. Can you see if they will change the right stick to allow for an aim first then shoot? Like you slide your thumb in a direction slightly and the sight comes up and you can move your thumb around to aim the sight then slide your thumb a little more and then it starts shooting? Since aim and shoot all happens together at the same time my accuracy is like 40% lol or you can add a 3D Touch option so you use your thumb to aim and then push to shoot. I just think it’d help a lot if you can aim and line it up before shooting similar to the crossbow just the opposite to fire. And I am fully aware he game isn’t real life but in real life you wouldn’t grab your automatic rifle and just shoot willy nilly you’d pull it up, aim, then shoot ;) well unless you really wanted to spray bullets :p

11. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Normally I’d send feedback through TestFlight so it’s official and everything but I’m on my way out to run some errands so I thought I’d make a quick response . After the update the difficulty has gotten a lot better, I even think I found a battery for the flashlight randomly laying on the ground. I dunno if that was something added in but it was the first time I found something other than coins, gems, and energy drinks. But anyways I’ll be able to go more in depth later on what I have experienced since the update I just wanted to at least let you know I have updated and played some since the update became available.

12. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Thanks! Yeah, the aiming system does eat up your ammo because you always waste your first 5-10 bullets getting everything lined up.

There are some random items scattered across the maps -- but your best bet by far is still finding those chests and the vending machines.

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I thought every time a chest pops up the map indicates it’s location, is this not always the case? I try not to use the vending machine, at least in story mode since it hurts your score. Yeah I’m right there with you on the aiming lol. Hopefully my idea to do a slight movement of the right stick to aim then sliding or pushing (if you use 3D Touch) to start firing, makes it in because I really stand behind that concept lol.

14. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    So I’ve played this and I pretty much agree with dbagga The weapons are pretty big of a grind to get. Besides weapon grinds I’m ok with everything.

15. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    Do you think we should increase the starting amount of diamonds or reduce the costs of acquiring new weapons (or both)?

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    you should increase both but give us almost but not really enough for a new gun. So that it’ll still take some playing but not a horrible grind.

17. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China

There's definitely a difference between grinding for something and earning something. When I was younger, I didn't seem to mind too much farming mats in WoW. But now time is much more precious -- I'm quite picky about excessive CDs and farming/grinding.

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I still think they should double the weapons and offer a set that’s gems and a set that’s gold and the gems set are specialty weapons like the electric crossbow, or an acid grenade launcher that hits and spreads out like a plague and kills things over time, or i dunno just fun things, interesting things. Then the gold side would have the automatics, handguns, shotguns. And of course the, what? 4 or so weapons from surviving X hours in each area?

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. johnny_x

Jul 10, 2017
    Guangzhou, China
    It's a good idea. I'll run to by the main devs and see what they think. I think they should at least give you the choice of a weapon (in addition to the two you already start with) and a give a choice of one main character -- so you can choose if you want endurance, HP, speed, or other abilities.

Cooper04 likes this.
  20. Shiino07

Shiino07 New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Please! share to invitation :c
    sorry for my bad english