Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #541 nyanpass, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord
    *Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GameCoaster.DungeonMaker
    *App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1359652100

[​IMG]
    Dungeon Maker Main Dark Lord : 'Lilith & Elizabeth' made by 伯.

[Basic Guide] Wickedly Good Fun for the Wickedly Evil (by Sarah Saunders)
    https://toucharcade.com/2018/05/24/dungeon-maker-dark-lord-guide/

[Guide & Tip] Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/guide-tip-dungeon-maker-dark-lord.319561/

*Guide for new beginners (by @ArtNJ)
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/dungeon-maker-dark-lord-by-gamecoaster.319369/page-25#post-4104083

If you are interested, check it out. :)

*Dungeon Maker Video Guide (by BoxInCorner)

0:00 Introduction and Menu
    8:45 Dungeon Lord Selection and Errata
    13:20 Battle
    16:00 Reward And Building
    18:30 Events
    20:45 Dungeon Card
    22:02 Merchant
    25:05 Boss & Day 20
    28:12 Non Game Related Stuff

*Google Spreadsheet Link (by BoxInCorner)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfWOyO9KNXqnZHLHeLNSqU-WeE-6IiI2lNcAc_vrLfL2tvV-r3RuXSEmzDKEMq4BMryjjP8mz6O5nj/pubhtml

[Plan A]

[​IMG]

[Plan B]
    [​IMG]

[Plan C]
    [​IMG]

[Fate Priority]
    [​IMG]

ctathemarius likes this.
  2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #542 nyanpass, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    I do not know if it's infinity, but all items are available without an IAP.

Of course, getting all the items may require a lot of 'Grind'. As you get used to the game, if you make your own strategy, it will be a interesting process to achieve it. There are a few users who have proven it in this thread.

However, you do not have to open all items. In fact, it appears that there are 40 to 60 items that have a significant impact on the game. In addition, if you open up to 80 items, you get most of the good items in this game.

P.S New items are expected to be added to future updates. A user who got all 140 checked his index and said that there are items still locked.

The following pic was posted by the user who opened all 140 items.
    [​IMG]

ctathemarius likes this.
  3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I built the Tailwind facility (default agility of all monsters in the dungeon is increased by #%), but it doesn't mention what agility does?
    Thanks.

4. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    It means that the action speed(agility) increases by 15%.
    The action of all monsters in the dungeon is further accelerated.

Tailwind facility is difficult to make, but is a recommended facility.

5. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    agility mean more atk speed, more DPS, skill use more often. Just try to put 1 warhorn in 100% trap slot lol, everything will die faster immediately :D

Ijipop and nyanpass like this.
  6. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    I'm asking for a few reasons because I do like to know whether I can obtain everything without using a guide to finding out what's the best or if I have to optimize what I choose. Also if you're forced to buy stuff because not enough stones will be supplied I won't be purchasing games from this maker ever again.

It's the principle of it.

7. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    If you believe the developer's comments, you can get them all.

This has been introduced many times in this thread.

There are various ways to enjoy games for each user.

You can do what you want.

The decision on it is up to you.

[​IMG]

8. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I see a lot of hate referring to a "gacha" mechanic this game uses, but it's not only very close to binding of isaac it is better in my opinion in that mechanic. What you get after a battle is totally random but it's not gacha it's a draft style. You get to pick from one of three choices, the same mechanic is deployed in the rebirth packs, while the "gacha" is there when it is paired with the draft mechanic it really alleviates a lot of the let down and employs a choice. I have had to pick between really good upgrades or a new dark lord. (I pick dark lord everytime even though I have to still beat 100 days with lilith first) Everything can be unlocked with one purchase and "grinding" which again is only different from binding of isaacs way of doing it in the fact that it gives you the draft option and isn't totally random. You can define a strategy each run but each run is still different from the previous.

ctathemarius and nyanpass like this.
  9. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Get back to me once the best option you've gotten in 5 purchases was +10 starting gold. While getting to pick 1 of 3 is obviously preferable to just getting 1 item, it's still not a good way to make progress. Now i haven't played BoI Rebirth but i doubt you can purchase said packs using real money so it's not comparable

That being said, if you grind it out you will eventually get everything because at least there aren't duplicates

10. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Ok I never even got +10 starting gold so that's crazy. That actually sounds like my luck in boi most days lol. I wasn't referring to buying with real money only because both games are a grind to get everything so that's why I didn't say anything about the real money part as that is totally optional and was doing an apples to apples without iap only grind. I wan't trying to start another argument or sew discord on this forum again though as I truly love this game for what it is so I am going to come across bias anyway lol.

11. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    I'm not looking to start an argument either:) It's just that your post gave me a flashback of when i was stuck because of bad draws and almost gave up on this game;)

Anyway, i agree it's a great game and i'm glad i grinded until i got the stuff i needed to progress

12. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    I agree with the lack of description about this game in the App Store. However, if you have at least reviewed this thread in the touch arcade, You can see most of the information you need for this game.

I recommend Dungeon Maker. But I do not recommend this game to users whose main purpose is to get all the items in this game. IMHO, That's not the main purpose of this game. There are many other interesting fun in this game. Nevertheless, if you want to have everything, find another good game. That is good for each other. It is tiring to persuade others.

To be frank, If you are constantly looking for reasons to play the game before starting, then the game is likely not to match you.

Life’s too short. Play good games. ;)

deresi, hbernritter and Sutekidane like this.
  13. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Great wording!! Couldn't agree more!

ctathemarius likes this.
  14. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Hi, All~:>

There will be an update soon for this game. XD

*WHAT'S NEW
    -New card packs with new contents were added.
    -More difficulty levels, achievements, facilities, and relics were added.
    -Some monster skills were changed so they would be affected by level and ATK.
    -Updated the system to automatically save your progress, so that if you leave the gameplay screen during the game, you will be able to come back and play on seamlessly.
    -Minor balance and bugs were fixed.

ctathemarius, Ijipop and deresi like this.
  15. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Really? I can not wait for it! I have collected dark stones for new content. Do you have an image of the new content this time? I really expect it!:)

16. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Oh man then I really need to get busting on getting all the stuff from the pack already available.

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, Continue to keep your Dark Stones. ;)

For some users, it may be time to delay the update.

The difficulty level has increased considerably.

Because the Title & Load method(Trick) no longer applies.....:p

[​IMG]

ctathemarius, Ijipop and deresi like this.
  18. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    OMG!!! It looks really nice. How many items have been added with this update?

ctathemarius and Ijipop like this.
  19. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    The best strategy was blocked....lol

20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    This update adds a total of 98 items.

In addition, new items will be added in future updates.

[​IMG]