Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. xovero

xovero Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Challenge mode depends a lot on the challenge you are doing and a bit on RNG for some challenges (like the earthquake one), and from my experiences in challenge mode, so far i only did all easy runs and majority of the normal runs and one of the hard challenges (dark lord lvl 1), and i only used tania and elizabeth for the challenges, as for unlocks, i got pretty much everything from the first pack and ~60% of the second pack, for second pack im pretty much only missing the storages, and dark lord level and gold up, havn´t bothered getting the dark lord lvl one, but i imagine it makes runs a lot easier if your darklord starts at lvl 65 (if you get all of them from all packs)
    With elizabeth all you have to do is to delay the heroes as long as possible and getting a decently high level to basically kill 1 unit everytime you use your 1mana ability, i rarely use traps to delay, i prefer the sloth room with as tanky units as i can get from RNG (or stuff like blind, if i didn´t pick up a immune for it on the way) other good rooms are stuff like frosty wind(always good) or stuff like give adjacent monsters armor/regeneration (there is a ability that converts regeneration into 2x armor) that way even if a hero enters your room you won´t take dmg and won´t lose vampire and you should also try to level up elizabeth so even stuff like higher egg level is not bad, tania is pretty much the same thing (except the leveling), or you just do what a lot of people did in the past, get warhorn, basicly win (probably wont work on hard challenge)

Alternatively you can just do more normal runs and get more unlocks.

Also for all boss floors that give you haze (like day 120 or 340 iirc), either use monsters with mystic one or don´t use monsters at all in your darklord room, anyway, just try to pick as many rooms necessary for crafting the core rooms for your strategy.

PS: If you are playing any other darklord, or a trap based setup, then ask someone else

Sutekidane and ctathemarius like this.
  2. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I am waiting very much for the following additional new contents. :p

Maybe we will meet the fallen heroes? :oops:

On Twitter it seemed to be mentioned that it was already implemented a little in the current game build. :eek:

Sutekidane and ctathemarius like this.
  3. Lucavious

Lucavious Active Member

Mar 6, 2013
    You're an idiot. Most people here express having similar troubles at those difficulties and whether they even have the right tools to cheat the game like a "pro" is complete RNG or P2W.

Hot.

Garbage.

4. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Your advice and tips are valuable. I actually got a lot of help. Thanks!

Most of your comments on this game are useful and reasonable. But you do not have to persuade reckless users. They are more likely to complain than to play the game. ^^

5. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    1. Mana gauge charge faster. It is possible through the effects of the book.

2. Yes. But it seems to mean an increase in probability.

6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    * FAQ for Dungeon Maker (by Edzers)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/comments/95sk6a/faq_for_dungeon_maker/

Basically the title since everybody is asking more or less the same questions on the Reddit over and over again. Hopefully this post answers your question to some degree.

Q: What's the best Dark Lord?

A: Tania is the best. There is no "Best" Dark Lord. All of them have their benefits and deficiencies. However, the more noob-friendly ones are Floria, Tania, and Elizabeth, as Floria grants stupid amounts of regeneration with her 2nd skill, Tania gives out acceleration and focus buffs with her second skill, and Elizabeth's 1st skill, her main attack damage stacks with her vampire, and she heals back the damage she takes if monsters reach her room.

Q: How do I earn abyss stones fast/ what's the fastest way?

A: Just start off by clearing D100 from Hard 1-10. Just by doing that and doing some of the achievements you get a large amount of abyss stones, and it's relatively easy to reach D100 with the dark lords mentioned above. A Box in the Corner also has an amazing detailed video on how to reach D100 linked below, all credits to him.

Once you clear Hard1-10, you can then move on to Trials, and just clear Trial 1 to D-340, and that will unlock all the previous achievements from Hard1-10 for clearing D200 and above which will give you an insane amount of abyss stones. A Box in the Corner also has a video on how to reach D340 on his channel which I will also link below.

Q: What packs should I buy? And what unlocks should I prioritize?

A: Always start by buying the original packs. Those give you unlocks such as monster combination / autoskill / fusion monsters which are super QoL (Quality of Life) and will help you out immensely. After that, move onto Awakening packs and then Advanced packs. For prioritization (in original packs), personally, it would be something like this:

SS: -Autoskill (if you don't mind mindlessly clicking the screen, this is basically useless)

-Monster Combination (SUPER IMPORTANT)

-Facility Succession (Take this over monster succession if both of them come up in a choice as facility succession is more rare percentage wise)

-Monster Succession

-Dungeon Expansion

-Dark Lords

S:

-Fusion Monsters ( Neverendinghope has an amazing guide on fusion monster builds/ roles here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/comments/8xu5fc/stats_level_growths_skill_functionality_and/ )

-Dungeon Rooms/Traps (especially Three Gianteers and Tailwind IMO)

-Relics (homerlcheung has a great quick guide on which ones are good/bad here, although it is outdated for the latest update: https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/comments/8u14vd/guide_relic_ranking_for_the_original_pack/)

A:

-Fortune Teller ( Can be pushed up in the priority list if you really like min/maxing your monsters and if you consistently push into the later days)

-Weapons

For everything else, just acquire them last ( ex: Dungeon Lord Level UP, Starting Gold Up, etc as they provide little to no benefit)

Q: Do skills stack? How about rooms?

A: Some skills stack while some don't. Not sure on which do and don't, unfortunately. However, rooms/facilities like Hatcheries and Lounges DO stack.

Q: How does "x" skill work?

A: If you tap on the monster symbol in-game when you're picking a fate card (on the top right), you can click on the monster and it'll display the skills it has and it's effects to you.

Q: How does skill inheritance work?

A: As far as I know, for Dark Lord and monster skill inheritance, it tends to absorb the highest grade skill. EX: If a monster has Blade Storm (S grade skill) and Blind (C grade skill), most of the time it will inherit Blade Storm, but ultimately it is random( as far as I know.) Also, the grade of the skill at the moment does not matter; just because a skill is rank S does not make it better then a rank C skill. It all depends on the effects it gives, and skills cannot level up in terms of grades. Both dark lords and monsters cannot inherit the innate skill of a monster. (EX: Slimes regeneration). Once you get the monster combination option in the store, you can see what skill it will add onto the monster in the menu when you combine the two monsters. (Also works for dark lords.)

Q: What are the best skills to inherit?

A: Generally Mystic One, Blade Storm, Executioner, Smoke Shell, Diamond Skin (although note that it did recently get a heavy nerf), Parry Weapon, Magic / Absolute Barrier, Foresight and Overspeed.( Overspeed is acquirable only through abyss shop advanced packs, and only then will it start to appear on monsters) There are certain skills that shine under certain situations/ Dark Lords, such as regenerative steel when you play Floria, and Forestallment with Tania (although it did recently get nerfed.) Note that these skills are the ones that I just use in general and see many other people use, it doesn't mean that all the other skills are worthless/ useless and that you should never use them.

Q: Why can't I make it pass "x" floor?"

A: just get good It's probably because either:

A: you're placing your rooms wrong.

B: you're not using your dark lord abilities optimally.

C: you're putting the wrong monsters in the wrong rooms.

D: your dark lord isn't high enough level.

E: RNG is a cruel mistress. You're playing a roguelike. nuff said. Not much you can do when the game decides to not give you a hatchery/ key fusion monster until D200

Hopefully this FAQ helped you! As time goes on and as the updates pass, I will continue to update this FAQ. If you see any inconsistencies just let me know. Remember: everything I said here is just a guideline. Don't follow it like the Bible. The most important thing is to have fun with the game. If you have more questions, I recommend visiting the discord which is pinned, or just make a Reddit post.

deresi, rslowe, Sutekidane and 4 others like this.
  7. Benholio

Benholio Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I don't remember what the boss mods are for day 80, but for those struggling on day 120 you can improve your chances greatly by following a single rule:

• No monsters in the Dark Lord room without Mystic One skill.

... even if it means you have an empty Dark Lord room for that fight. You can remove them before day 120 and add them back afterwards.

8. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #1408 nyanpass, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    This is a Dungeon Maker & Hunter X Hunter
    Parody Cartoon. XD
    Just Enjoy It Lightly. :>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ellad228, Yarott, deresi and 2 others like this.
  9. Nekomimi

Nekomimi Member

Aug 28, 2018
    For those who curious, [Continuous Effect Skills] doesn't stack. As you can see from the picture below, I tried to stack 2 [Protective Rune], but it doesn't add.

Screenshot_2018-08-30-02-38-05.png Screenshot_2018-08-30-02-36-45.png

Benholio likes this.
  10. Halexander

Halexander New Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Male
    Hey all, just got the game a week ago and I'm loving it.

Quick question, I can figure out what most of the relics due even with the somewhat questionable translations, but does anyone know what the Loop of Fate does?

11. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    I'm not sure, but it seems to really have a big effect on damage, at least in a monster-light Elizabeth setup. I'm guessing the text suffers from a problem that some others do where percentages get formatted as integers.

"Inflicts 1 additional damage when all monsters attack the enemy with full LIFE."

So maybe that really means 100% additional damage? As for the rest of the text, does it just mean any time any monster attacks an enemy with full life, they do 100% additional damage? That's the simplest explanation I can come up with. I'm not very certain, though.

12. Benholio

Jul 13, 2012
    The new coin pouch relic is nicer than it looks:

Small Gold Coin Pouch: Immediately acquire 10-100 Gold.

If you unlock it, it replaces the healing relic as the relic you get over and over from Elite Battles once you've unlocked everything else.

Sutekidane likes this.
  13. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I'm back! After beating dungeon 1000+ in Trial 10, I took a break. The new update is great, but I'm really struggling with the challenge zones. I've only done a few runthroughs, but I'm struggling with the baby dark lord (Irea unlock) challenge dungeon.

Anyone have any hints? I worry that I got a little used to monster/facility succession.... oops.

14. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Hello, Welcome! :>
    You can do well. XD

Some existing strategies would be still valid. Now, however, blood shields and iron curtains are popular. Reading is also needed for advanced users. ;)

15. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Hi! I have a few questions.

1) I know devil stones can be earned through (1) leveling up a dark lord and (2) achievements. I wanted to confirm for myself and anyone else: Are those the only ways to earn them?
    2) Do you prioritize Dark Lord unlocks over QoL (monster combining, succession, etc.) or the other way around? Because I recently had a chance to unlock Tania and I passed it up for monster combination (the enhancement option thing), which hasn't been useful so far, probably because I have no clue how to use it strategy-wise. (Are there any guides for that?)
    3) What's the strategy with Marielle and Rebecca

Thanks!

16. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Maybe it helps you. ;)

[Guide & Tip] Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/guide-tip-dungeon-maker-dark-lord.319561/

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    [Guide] Scientific method to buy Original Pack from Abyss Shop (by homerhlcheung)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/comments/8u0w0v/guide_scientific_method_to_buy_original_pack_from/

PART I

For people who don’t give a fxxx about the scientific method. TLDR omegaLUL.

Tier 1: Dark Lord Emma > Add Enhance Option in Combination > Use Auto Skill

Tier 2: Add Dark Lord’s Guardian = Monster Succession Up = Facility Succession Up = Dark Lord (Tania & Floria) > Remaining Dark Lord > Silver Star Monster = Pearl Shell (Boss Relic)

Tier 3: Add Fortune Teller card > 4 Star Relic > Combine Room > Dungeon Expansion > other Relic

Tier 4: Starting Relic Up > 4 & 5 Star Monster > Max Skill Slot with Monster Succession Up > 3 Star Monster > Room

Tier 5: Starting Monster Up > 2 Star Equipment Chance Down > 1 Star Equipment Chance Down > Dark Lord Starting Level Up > Starting Gold Up > High Rank Monster % Up

PART II

Scientific method to buy Original Pack.

There are two types of pollution: Game-pool pollution and Original Pack pollution

GAME-POOL POLLUTION:

The default game has the BEST rooms. The unlock-able rooms from the Original Pack will decrease the frequency of good rooms (Excess, Gianteers, etc.). The effect is permanent and irreversible.

All monster ingredients from silver star monster are in the default game. However, the monster pool pollution can be “dilute” by hatching a lot of eggs.

ORIGINAL PACK POLLUTION:

The same option will not appear in the three options. For example, it will never have [Starting Gold UP] [Starting Gold UP] [Monster Succession UP].

If your remaining Original Pack pool has 5 [Starting Gold UP], 3 [Starting Monster UP], 1 [Dark Lord Emma], and 1 [Use Auto Skill].

• If you pick [Dark Lord Emma], your next purchase will 100% has [Use Auto Skill].

• If you pick [Starting Gold UP] or [Starting Monster UP, the probability of getting [Use Auto Skill] will be 25%.
    There are a total of 140 unlockables from the Original Pack. If we don’t count the items with multiple quantity, there are a total of 87 unlockables.

The probability of getting a specific item you want from the first purchase is: 1 - (86/87 x 85/86 x 84/85) = 3.4%

If we pick an option that will not pollute the Original Pack pool (AKA an option with no multiple quantity), the probability of getting a specific item you want from the second purchase is: 1 - (85/86 x 84/85 x 83/84) = 3.5%

You are expected to get a specific item in 29 purchases if you pick all the option that will pollute the Original pool.

You are expected to get a specific item in 22 purchases if you pick all the option that will NOT pollute the Original pool.

The simple answer to the optimal item selection is, “don’t pick any item with multiple quantity”.

Except for [Add Dark Lord’s Guardian], [Monster Succession UP], and [Facility Succession UP]. You should do the opposite for these three items. You should pick the one option with the most remaining quantity, because you want to increase your chances to get one of these in your next purchase.

PART III

Explanation for the Tier list.

Emma

• Give up any item for Emma.

• You can easily get 350+ Ruby from completing “survive 340 days in difficulty X”
    Add Enhance option in Combination

• only way to level up a certain monster

• only way to transfer skills to a certain monster

• just slightly under Emma
    Auto Skill Use

• improve gameplay experience

• if you quit playing the game, none of the item is worthy
    Monster Succession UP, Facilities Succession UP, Add Dark Lord’s Guardian

• make the early days much easier

• speed up the gameplay

• survive for more days
    Dark Lords

• earn 10 Ruby from reaching level 10, making it at least an even investment

• Tania and Floria can help you survive 100 days easily (see my other Guide)

18. DeathTon

DeathTon New Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    There must be facility storage like monster storage during the adventure in dungeon maker if you are talking about strategies, instead of depending on silly RNG that is pointless and no use if no luck, because I'm expert with strategy war games when no pointless RNG is hindering the tactical plans, I chose dark lord Elizabeth with level 2,339! and easily on any hard difficulty reached floor 1320 with simple and smart tactics of course with the help of succession of facilities, without having to read the articles or tips how to beat certain floor, because I know myself that my strategies are very thorough thought and effective, Facility Storage Is A Must I Tell You and see how the game becomes great without depending on pointless RNG all the time, that's the first issue, the second is the game is unbelievably unbalanced, because While fighting floor 1320 the dark lord level was 2,339 with health 13,105 and each hit was over 6,200 damage and over 1,800 vampire on enemies with awoken dark lord and still lost, that's totally unfair to lose with that power, because I tell you I use a strategy that depends on dark lord Elizabeth instead of monsters but monsters were a little handful , with that much power I should overcome floor 1320 easily with easy difficulties hard levels unlike challenge, but challenge to reach floor 500 for best rewards is easy for me, I admit white girls are powerful but at the beginning of the battle I defeated the arch white girl easily but the horde of normal ones are overflowing, the defeat was because of horde, you said that when enemies get in the dark lord room Elizabeth is down or weak , that's wrong because more than half of white girls are defeated in the dark lord room Elizabeth which means Elizabeth defeated them not monsters ,monster did nothing but died instantly but I said they were a little handful , if the balances and bugs that crushes and kills it in the game are perfected ,the game is great and fun and the only game that drew my attention on android :), impressive but needs more work on balancing and fixing bugs that I can't recover my save data from cloud with this update , now currently testing other players' tactics if capable to defeat floor 1320 :), I should send these words to the developer himself not on this website but it's nice to share my opinions here too :)

Regards

nyanpass likes this.
  19. DeathTon

DeathTon New Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    And my favorite part :)
    gifeditor_20180901_124035.gif

Sutekidane and nyanpass like this.
  20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017