Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Hi, All~ :>

Touch Arcade users have good opinions on the improvement of Dungeon Maker. If your feedback is sent to the developer, it is likely to be reflected. To send feedback to the developer, check out the developer contact below. The developer may not be able to reply, but this developer will try to reflect user feedback as much as possible. ;)

*Developer Contact : [email protected]

[​IMG]

If you need guides to Dungeon Maker, check it out. ;)

[Guide & Tip] Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/guide-tip-dungeon-maker-dark-lord.319561/

2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    If the Fallen Hero update is done, Lilith may be stronger than now. XD

[​IMG]
    (This Pic is Dungeon Maker Lilith by Seyu)

Sutekidane and Nekomimi like this.
  3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #1423 nyanpass, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Stats, Level Growths, Skill Functionality, and Fusion Monster Builds/Roles (by NeverEndingHope)

As of Build 10078, there currently exist 13 Fusion Monsters in the game (also known as Diamond/Platinum/6 star monsters). This will go much more in-depth compared to my last quick post to their personal SS skills.

Before we get into the meaty parts of the individual Fusion Monster analysis, I'm going to cover what we currently know and some conjecture assembled by different players of the Dungeon Maker community. I'll try to keep things short and to the point.

Base Stats and Level Growths
    All monster species have the same Level 1 base stats. However, their stat gains from leveling are different. Your two Slimes at the start of each game will start the same, but one might have 5 more HP and 1 less Attack than the other by the time both hit level 3. These differences can continue to grow as they level more. It's currently unknown how this is decided but gives base stats more weight on how to build them.

How Skills Work
    Active Skills

There are currently two studies on how Active Skills proc.

The first one was about Build 10076 where someone claimed to do research on how active skills procced. This was taken from the TouchArcade Dungeon Maker forum. Unfortunately I don't know where they got the information or the data itself so if someone here does, let me know.

They quoted that

• A single active skill (like Blade Storm) on a monster has about a 7% chance to proc on each attack.

• Two different active skills (like Blade Storm and Finishing Blow) on the same monster have a combined 13% chance that one of them will proc. They cannot proc simultaneously.

• Two of the same active skills (e.g. a monster with two Blade Storms) will have a 7% * 1.2 chance to proc. Unsure how this works for more than two.
    This was tested on a Monster without a personal active skill so it's unknown if the second point functions the same with things like Suparna's Fire Storm or White Fang's Avalanche, but it's assumed to be the same.

The second was published on a Japanese Dungeon Maker wiki. The last update to the wiki was last month however so some notes are outdated such as lacking Attack scaling on certain sklls. They found different proc rates with some similarities to the TouchArcade forum user's claim.

• A single active skill has between a 1/10 to 1/8 proc rate on each attack.

• Stacking the same active skill increases its proc rate; they estimate that 4 of the same active skill in proc about 1/3 of the time on each attack.

• Each active skill probably has an innate cooldown so they can't proc in succession. Stacking the same skill doesn't decrease the cooldown.

• Another theory is that all active skills must proc in one full rotation before the same active skill can proc again.
    I personally lean towards the latter set of conjectures with the rotation theory so I like to use only one Active skill per build to maximize usage.

Passive Skills

I self-tested a couple passive skills. The conclusion was that they don't stack. Two Executioners won't give 300% or 400% damage against monsters at half HP. Two Overspeeds won't give 80% bonus agility. And so forth.

However, two different skills with the same or similar effects will stack. For example, Goblin Girl's personal skill will stack with Devils Cunning and deal 400% damage against Hazed enemies.

That means that you only want one of each independent Passive skill on your builds.

Builds and Roles
    Everything at this point is my opinion and conjecture. I play using Tania quite a lot because of how powerful Burning Will is with monsters and the existence of Forestallment and Overspeed. Others might have your preferred builds that work just as well or better. Do not take my word as law and feel free to discuss.

My three main classifications are Tanks (soak damage and stall), Sweepers (deal damage and kill), and Utilities (buffs/debuffs/healing).

I currently rank Mystic One and Overspeed as the two best Inheritable skills in the game and use them on every build. This is why I'll only talk about two skills under each monster since the first two will be these two.

I'll list my often used skills here. If you're still in the process of unlocking things, don't overthink how you choose to build your monsters. You'll likely end up rebuilding them or rolling their skills with Fortune Teller as you unlock better ones along the way. You might ask for things like what to substitute Overspeed with if you don't have it unlocked, but that's really up to you because no other skill really does the same thing unless you consider Acceleration Buffs to be a substitute.

• Mystic One is self spoken for; it protects against various debuffs for nothing. However, it should be noted that the Japanese wiki for Dungeon Maker referenced earlier states that Mystic One isn't properly translated; it says it only prevents Fainting, Charm, and Haze effects. This means that the monster is still vulnerable to Blind, Vulnerable, and other debuffs so skills like Runegraven Skin and Blind still have their uses.

• Overspeed is an Awakening unlocked skill. It's a passive skill that increases the monster's Agility by 40%. Agility is the "hidden stat" of how fast a monster acts; how fast it attacks, procs skills, etc. Overspeed is fantastic as it allows a monster to act 4 times in the span that other units act 3 times.

• Forestallment is another Awakening unlocked skill. It's a passive skill that increases the monster's Attack stat by 3% for every Acceleration stack on it. With Tania, it's a truly busted skill as Acceleration becomes incredibly easy to stack and sustain.

• Diamond Skin is a great defensive option as the damage reduction scales with the monster's stat gains. Its effectiveness can rapidly fall off if you don't level your monster though so be wary of that.

• Parry Weapon is another defensive option I really like. With Overspeed, you generate more Defense buffs faster than the enemy can usually attack. That said, I like Parry Weapon more than Foresight as a result.

• Magical Barrier/Absolute Barrier are two very good defensive utility skills. Magical Barrier gives 1 Shield to every monster in the room while Absolute Barrier grants 4 Shield to just one ally. Since they are proccing skills, it's best to give them to a monster without a personal active skill if you want to prioritize their usage.
    It should be noted that Fusion Monsters have much higher base stats than any other monster. When I say things like low or average, it's in comparison to other Fusion monsters and is still usually higher than 5 star monster stats.

Arachne
    [​IMG]
    One of the default Fusion monsters unlocked at the start. She's a great Sweeper due to her innate ability to debuff enemies and dish out on them. She only really loses her worth when a Trial or boss buff grants Heroes immune to Slow.

She has a middling Life stat, relatively high Attack, and low Defense. Her Attack stat combos well with her innate skill and the Vulnerable stacks to kill enemies. Executioner suits her very well to increase her killing strength. Her last skill should be a strong Active skill like Blade Storm or Earthquake as her innate is passive.

Baphomet
    [​IMG]
    Baphomet's stats are very similar to Arachne's. Unlike Arachne's innate though, Baphomet debuffs the entire dungeon. I'm not a huge fan of her as she doesn't have any innate stat-skill synergy with her damage reduction and low-end Defense stat. If you still want to use her though, she doesn't excel off the end like several other Fusion monsters so you can try to make the most of that damage reduciton and build her as a tank with things like Parry Weapon and Diamond Skin.

Bone Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Bone Dragon innate has a fantastically high Attack scaling. The only downside is that Bone Dragon herself has a low Attack stat. She's a great duelist with the debuffs she grants with her innate though. Beside the usual Mystic One and Overspeed, I like taking her with Tania to abuse Forestallment's attack stacking to really boost damage. The 3% itself isn't the best scaling, but the 1.5ATK scaling more than makes up for it. I usually finish up with Executioner for all Sweepers, but there are probably better options than my build here.

Cleopatra
    [​IMG]
    Cleopatra is considered one of the weaker Fusion monsters. Her Defense stat outshines her low Attack stat and her main ability is debuffing the dungeon. Her killing potential is low as a result so I prefer to build her as a Tank with things like Diamond Skin, Parry Weapon, and an equipment with Taunt.

Death Knight
    [​IMG]
    Death Knight ranks highly as a Fusion Monster and is a great boon to all Dungeons. A middling attack stat and low defense stat are workable in making her a Sweeper to stack Immortality across the Dungeon. I personally run her with Blade Storm and Executioner.

Dryanid
    [​IMG]
    Dryanid is one of the best Dark Lord Guardian options as she has complete full heal. She needs survival and to consistently proc Healing Rain so besides the usual Mystic One and Overspeed, I run Parry Weapon and Diamond Skin for survivability. If she can survive, then the room she's in can last indefinitely with consistent full heals.

Fairy
    [​IMG]
    Fairy is another high end Utility monster. As long as she's in combat, she can continually give all monsters buffs to keep them alive. Most strategies with her involve putting her near the front of the Dungeon on a Necropolis so she can stay in combat and continually grant everyone Regeneration and Shields for as long as possible. The longer she lives, the better. As such, I stick her with Parry Weapon and Diamond Skin.

Red Wyvern
    [​IMG]
    Redy Wyvern is one of the best Sweepers due to her monstrous Attack stat and innate Acceleration stacking. Her low HP and Defense means its not really a good idea to invest there, which is perfect so we can invest in offensive power. Forestallment is made for Red Wyvern, and Execution has great synergy with her nature as well. She loves working under Tania due to Burning Will and is Suparna's favorite partner.

Sephiroth
    [​IMG]
    Sephiroth has the lowest Attack stat out of all the Fusion monsters and an alright Defense stat. Most of her points are in Life however. That being said, building her defensively is the way to go.

In all honesty, I really want to try Protective Rune on her but I'm unsure how good it is. Protective Rune is another Awakening unlocked skill that grants the monster Armor equal to its Life at the start of the battle. However, Armor can't be healed back like Life can so it may be more efficient to run pure defensive skills in Regeneration and Heal heavy dungeons.

Shiva
    [​IMG]
    Shiva has a lowish Attack stat and middling Defense stat with a slightly higher than normal Life stat. Her passive's first portion, unlike Cleopatra, only applies to the room instead of the entire Dungeon. Even so, Faint is a great debuff and I like using her as a Dark Lord Guardian. She can run things like Magical/Absolute Barrier or other debuff skills that Blind the room or grant Dodge to allies if you can't find one.

Suparna
    [​IMG]
    Suparna ties with Red Wyvern for highest Attack stat and shares the same fragility with Life and Defense. Build her as a glass cannon because she won't last very long even with defensive skills. I run her with Red Wyvern and Tania as the Dark lord along with the same skills of Forestallment and Executioner.

Thetis
    [​IMG]
    Thetis is another of the default unlocked Fusion Monsters and really shines in Trap-heavy set ups. The ease of making a Dungeon full of Ice Arrows gives her a lot of utility, and she's even great for new players who just run Slow and Rock combos. Her higher than average Life stat and Defense stat combined with her passive damage reduction makes her one of the best Tanks available. I run her with the usual Diamond Skin and Weapon Parry duo.

White Fang
    [​IMG]
    White Fang has the ability to hit the entire dungeon in one proc making her similar to Emma's Fury Explosion. Her higher than average Attack stat is a welcome stat to have. As a Sweeper, she always carries Executioner and Forestallment for Tania's Burning Will.

Feel free to discuss and leave feedback. I'm always looking to explore other strategies and viable builds so please share yours as well.
    (by NeverEndingHope)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/comments/8xu5fc/

4. DeathTon

DeathTon New Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    Dark lord Tania is also wonderful and powerful dark lord, with second skill she is the best second supporter for the monsters after Floria, also she can be considered a great attacker with other skills with awoken, I played as Tania and she is working well with my strategy but maximum floor I reached was 1200 only , lost at boss fight with damage reflection 9% advantage . I rarely use goblin monsters for pickpocket skill I prefer to use monsters with better skills and stronger monsters, because collecting coins is easy for me , specially with the new book reading update :), it made my progress a lot easier :).dark lord Tania is my second favorite dark lord ,now trying with lilith :), in the challenge I will play as Elizabeth and Tania only.

nyanpass likes this.
  5. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, Tania is one of the most powerful Dark Lord in previous versions. XD
    In the current version, with Tania, it is most effective to achieve 100 day achievements quickly. ;)

[​IMG]
    (This Pic is Dungeon Maker Tania by seyu)

Nekomimi likes this.
  6. DeathTon

DeathTon New Member

Aug 7, 2018
    Male
    video2gif_20180901_173032.gif
    That's when somebody says dark lord Tania is useless then I punch them and say Dark lord Tania is wonderful and beautiful too! after the hit :)
    Don't take my jokes serious please because violence parodies are my type :)

nyanpass and Sutekidane like this.
  7. Halexander

Halexander New Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Male
    So my untested theory is that this suffers from rounding errors AND translation errors. I think It might work like this: When a monster attacks a hero with full health, their attack is permanently increased by 0.01 to a maximum gain of 1 point gain per battle. This would also explain why you found it powerful in a monster light setup, since every monster was able to get the full 1 point bonus every battle.

nyanpass and Benholio like this.
  8. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    nyanpass likes this.
  9. Neotheny

Neotheny Member

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Elisabeth rocks. so easy to make, yet so powerful. You don't even need hatcheries tailwinds or three Blood shields, one is enough.

[​IMG]

also, I too like them goblins :)

[​IMG]

10. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I've discovered an excellent strategy (it might have been mentioned here already) with Emma, using Fury Explosion, which seems to be working really well - currently at 265 in Trial 3.
    • Focus on making a big dungeon with lots of battle rooms - this is to delay the heroes from reaching the back of the dungon.
    • Get lots of monsters, to fill up all the battle rooms.
    • If Extract comes up, always get it (get multiple if possible) to auto-upgrade the monsters.
    • Have Warhorn as the entrance room (once you get this you should always succeed or save it, to ensure you always start with it).
    • Have Emma's 1-mana skill Split on auto-fire. This, combined with Warhorn, will build Emma's Fury up massively.
    • Wait till the heroes start to get to the back of your dungeon, and change the auto-firing skill to Fury Explosion. This will do damage to all heroes in the dungeon equal to Emma's Fury stat, which for me at the moment is usually about 12,000 by the time I fire it off.
    • Various relics help this, eg to make Fury reduce by only 25% when used, and also to give you mana for killing heroes, meaning when Fury Explosion fires it will actually fire several times in fairly quick succession, killing nearly everything.
    • After that switch back to Split for the stragglers.
    So far, nothing's even got into the Dark Lord's room. I have Three Gianteers on the room next to the Dark Lord, with 3 6-star monsters, as an extra form of insurance.

It makes the battles really fun - the longer you wait before switching to Fury Explosion, the more damage is done, but it's risky because if even one hero gets into the Dark Lord room and attacks the Dark Lord, she will expend her stored-up fury on that one hero, rather than all of them. Plus, seeing nearly all the heroes ping off and die in one go never gets old :D

11. Nekomimi

Nekomimi Member

Aug 28, 2018
    Dark lord room count as 1 room or 3 ?

12. Halexander

Halexander New Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Male
    +1 this is what I do too, Emma is the best <3

What I do slightly differently is to rely on slow more than just monsters, this lets you have less battle rooms and feed more monsters to Emma. The higher level she is, the more damage and more importantly fury you get from each split, letting you ramp faster. in this mindset, I also take all hatcherys. Also Minotaurs and Minotaur Kings are great since split gives the same fury to a random monster, and they do double fury damage.

nyanpass and toastkid like this.
  13. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Any plans to make a fan-made wiki? It's the right kind of game with a good number of players for a wiki! Then newer players can consult that first, which may make things easier for everyone.

I would also love a guide for each specific dungeon lord.

nyanpass likes this.
  14. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    that makes a lot of sense. I haven't managed to delve too deeply into individual monsters' powers. I need to start paying more attention to that! I struggle to hold too much info in my head at once thanks to being kept awake by my 1 yr old daughter every night :)

nyanpass likes this.
  15. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Nyanpass and others have been compiling lots of info but I agree it would be nice to have a proper wikia site. I think it needs someone to take ownership and I guess Nyanpass etc don't have the time for that (they contribute a lot already!). I don't have the time either I'm afraid.

nyanpass likes this.
  16. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    There are already several wikis for this game! :)
    These Wikis also cover significant data and analysis about Dungeon Maker.
    However, it does not support English. XD

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  18. RubyX

RubyX New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Is there a way to play the same save on both iPhone and iPad?
    Doesn‘t seem to sync automatically at least, and the cloud save from the phone doesn‘t show up on the pad either...

19. Nekomimi

Nekomimi Member

Aug 28, 2018
    I survived 100 days without opening monster egg, using merchant, event. Why does it not complete? Is it a bug? Or something i did is wrong?
    Screenshot_2018-09-05-01-59-23.png

20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017