Universal Egglia: Offline (By DMM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brightsiderus, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #21 Quoad, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    No.

The 'store' link is broken (in the UK, at least) and no passcode option appears.

Yeah. Great.

Don't worry too much, those of you who deleted it. You've lost f*** all you would'n't've lost anyway.

2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    That’s weird. In the screenshots in their website, If you have save data on your device and you pull up the old app, there’s a third option before the other two. So things are all messed up it seems. And the link doesn’t work in the US either I just happened to have downloaded the offline version earlier when this post first popped up, on the store I searched Egglia and the new one was the only one that came up. But as I said I played the tutorial and then it asks for purchase, I did try to restore purchases but it says none existed so I logged on to Apple and went back to August of 2017 and took a screenshot of my receipt showing the 9.99 purchase of Egglia and sent it to them lol. Let’s see what happens ;)

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Sent it where? Have you an email address?

Here’s BOTH APPs OPEN RIGHT NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER.

8DCF83F0-277B-4578-8581-2F77BF1C207A.jpeg

Zilch, zip, nada.

4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I bought it in the Japan App Store... same issues... I can download the old app to my device but I cannot
    get a passkey at all... this is a really bad fail
    I have the options of store and official website no way to get the passkey
    so this game is broken for me now and I am out the money I paid what a fail
    I believe I am going to take the loss and forget this game ever existed

Ijipop likes this.
  5. Zarthorn

Zarthorn Member

May 15, 2017
    I’m having issues as well :( When I open the old app, I get this screen:

B2534F52-6C51-40BD-8152-94DD9AA61354.png

After I press Okay, the app immediately crashes without letting me get a passkey. I put a lot of work into that save file and would hate to see it disappear :( Does anyone know what I should do or whom to contact to fix this?

6. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I can remember the email. Go to their official website and make sure to click English If it’s not already, scroll all the way own and in small links there’s a “contact”

7. Zarthorn

Zarthorn Member

May 15, 2017
    Thanks. I sent them a message describing the problem. I hope they can fix it...

8. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hope you guys are able to transfer. I managed to grab a screenshot today and just entered it on the new app and it looks like I was able to transfer.

This app should’ve been offline from the start. At least they’re trying to make it right by those of us that paid full price at launch.

Good luck to everyone transferring.

9. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    So far I’m still required to buy the game again, since I didn’t have save data TO transfer. But I did screenshot the receipt showing I paid the full version in the old online only app and they said they got it and will investigate further. So I dunno what’s gonna happen. Hopefully they’ll be able to somehow unlock the full game for me on the new version of the app and that will be that :p lol

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
  11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
  12. Zarthorn

Zarthorn Member

May 15, 2017
    I received the same response. Sigh, there goes my save file with completed storyline, fully upgraded town, maxed relationships, and all spirits. They really should make the old app update available to everyone who purchased the game instead of taking it down and saying oops, too bad for you. Oh well...

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeah. Well I also got the same response and I told them I will not be doing business with that developer again. I also told them if they don’t make this right by sending me a code to unlock the game for free, I will spread the word across the mobile community to rethink doing business with a developer that has no problem stealing from their costumers. I suggest everyone that is being ripped off also send the same type of threat.

14. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I know most people don’t care if other gamers got ripped off by this developer but for any of you who care and are thinking about buying this game, I urge you to consider this is a company that took $9.99 from a lot of people for a game that was single player but requires an online connection, then decided to shut down their servers and re release the game with an offline mode and make everyone re purchase the game unless they had saved data from the previous version of their game. So just to be clear, anyone that paid full price for their game, played it, beat it, and was done for the time being deleted it from their device are now out 10 bucks. He developer basically punishing you for deleting the app. No developer should ever basically say “even if you didn’t play the game for the last year you should have kept it sitting on your device this entire time”. Ok I’m done ranting. And for you jerks that have money so “10 bucks is nothing” this is principle more than the actual cost.

15. mbjones

mbjones Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Director of Technology Services
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Had the same exchange with support and told them the same thing: that I’d be spreading the word about how they treat paying customers. I’ve already left a 1 star review on the App Store with as much as well.

16. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not cool. I got my transfer over, but they're now on my blacklist for game purchases (like 2K Games over Bioshock). This game was hyped crazily and it's quite a bungled way to handle going to a different version, especially when they could easily make it right with the original buyers who supported the game right at launch.

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    They responded but again they’re just acting like they don’t get what I’m trying to tell them all they said was to go to their offline version and purchase the game through there. Then said to request a refund if I want to try and get a refund. Which you know you can only request refunds on purchases up to 90 days. So it just comes down to there’s really nothing that can be done except leave a bad review and spread the word. It’s seems to me all they had to do was update their original version of the game to play without internet connection. It doesn’t even make sense to me to release an entirely new app for this 1 change except maybe they purposely planned ahead for this exact issue and was hoping people would have to repurchase the game (as well as increase sales by making it offline because I do know a lot of people passed because of the online requirement) but that just makes me sound paranoid lol

But I think this problem is a perfect article for TA to write up for the front page.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ok so.

I kept the device on my phone for a year.

The transfer process borked.

They’ve asked me to confirm that the app is up to date, with screenshots. Which it is.

They’ve then asked for my user name and id which - LOL - I can’t access because THE GAME WONT OPEN!

And, so, this morning...

Im a bit, like. Really, dude? No. Really?

You’ve upfucked the transfer process, made me jump through a dozen hoops, asked me to answer a question that is literally unanswerable because you’ve closed down the app I’d need to open in order to find the info, and then told me to rebuy.

Actually shocked.

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    My reply, bc what the hell.

20. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Yeah, the whole thing has been very poorly handled. On a side note, I don’t think it’s been mentioned but the original online version is back in the store for whatever reason.