[GAMEVIL OFFICIAL] “ZENONIA” - Developer Walkthrough!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gamevil_TA, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Where did that icon come from anyway? Link?

2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

wow, i have seen worse ok, quit complaining

3. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    #63 Trotgar, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
    I think that 5.99$ is 4.99€ in the app store

4. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm guessing you are a homosexual.

5. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Hey, I don't want half naked anime girls cluttered around my ipod screen either.

Plus, if the original post is any indication, the game is great, but the text/script is going to be HORRIBLE. Man, you guys could have passed it to anyone American and they'd spit out something readable.

6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I agree on the translation stuff.

I mean, when I beta test I usually make notes on things like that and offer to but things in Spanish if it's needed. I don't even ask for payment, just a little credit.

On an unrelated note: Can I have all the half naked anime girls everyone seems to be casting aside? Pretty please?

7. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #67 EDUB, May 20, 2009
    QQ moar.

"half naked anime girls" is only a big deal if you are a total square. get gud...lololol.

8. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Just go do something else for awhile. It'll get here when it gets here, and you demandin' for Apple to release the game ain't gonna make it go any faster :p

Go watch a few movies or somethin'. I ain't here to put ya down or anythin', just tryin' to help, and gettin' a chance to use as many apostrophes as I can.

I'm sure I can do much better than that, there was only like seven.

9. iamPro

iamPro Active Member

May 20, 2009
    I hear a lot of complaints regarding the script and translation.

But I think the beta tester's really just got a beta game, with minimum translation just enough for the English testers to somehow make it through the game. At the same time, they must have been working on translation really hard to make it to their planned 5/15 submission date.

IMO, most likely Gamevil wanted feedback on the gameplay not the translation. Looking at the short walk-through video, I don't see that much of a problem with the translation.

10. Dr Ashworth

Dr Ashworth Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    No. I guarantee you that it's "translated" only so much as the first post in this thread. It's English, but you can totally tell its from someone foreign, and ruins the magic of the game somewhat. Imagine if Zelda read like that.

We'll see, and it's not a huge big deal, but I'm just annoyed with bad translations when SO MANY DAMN PEOPLE speak English and would probably do it for free.

11. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    If its seriously out in 2 days, I'd just be flabbergasted. I can wait a week if not (im too caught up with school work for the next 5 days); waiting two weeks might be a bit of a struggle for me.

12. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    God damn I can't wait for this. Oh and where are the half naked anime girls for an icon? I don't see anything like that. And if you are refering to the wallpaper, don't get it?

The icon looks ok. Not the BEST looking icon, but thats not to say that it doesnt look cool. I dunno, seeing the icon just makes me want the game that much more. lol

13. lcwz

lcwz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    #73 lcwz, May 20, 2009
    Been playing the final build for awhile and I can say that the translations are good so far. I haven't spotted any grammar/spelling mistakes 1 or 2 hours into the game. Its probably hard for the Gamevil team to talk casually on the forums with perfect english, but its definitely not impossible for them to do it right in their game. Your statement also sounds a lot like a hasty generalization about the unproficiency of their english. If they had asked an american to work on their script, that would definitely screw up the game and lose the feel of the KRPG. Dialogue of the game is very humourous and entertaining at times and it suits the game well.

14. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea localization is a hard thing to do. What makes sense in one culture might be insulting or confusing to another culture (not sure if culture is a good term here, maybe country?). Persona 3 and 4 comes to mind when you stated the above. Those 2 games have a LOT of Japanese cultural reference, and how Atlus localized it for the US market is amazing.

15. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    this is what i'm talking about.

16. VIRAL

VIRAL Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I can support this guy. I too have the final release build already and they put up a very good effort in localization. And yes, the humorous dialogue would probably lose its touch if they got a group of english speaking Americans to translate it. That's what makes a bunch of KRPG/JRPG and asian mmos so great, the dialogue rocks and its 100% original

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    So they fixed grammer problems like:

"Don't worry kid.Your father is looking down on you..."

With the lack of spaces between sentences? They fixed the word wrap problems too?

18. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    So...what classes are you guys going to play first? Im thinking Assassin (for the most DPS)!

19. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Looking great! I can't wait!

20. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I want the warrior.
    I think the assassin is going to be weak and the paladin is i think average