Universal Gleam of Fire (by Snow Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Uhhh. Unfortunately it is not a premium game!
    No possibility to back-up the game because the .IPA file is an empty shell.
    The .IPA file is just an installer not a standalone game.

2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The game has been updated!

The app's preview has been added, and the virtual key controller can now be selected from the options. :>

Snowgames likes this.
  3. Snowgames

Snowgames Active Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    #43 Snowgames, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    I don't think you are understanding what you are stating..... I will do my best to explain to you.

iTunes officially removed handling IPA files by end users.
    I mean backing up game save files should be done through iClouds which currently the 3rd party game engine I used do not support. I'm sorry for not being able to backup save file.

These days with new release games launching to appstore, ipa file handling isn't possible for the release because in Xcode(must go with this dev program to upload to Appstore)....
    it directly creates the file and upload it to the Appstore. After this iTunes check on the app quality making sure it actually works before app is uploaded.

Just in case you want to know, standalone(meaning passed check for provisioning signings) .IPA files these days are only temporary ad hoc created for offline testers tryout before the app submission which also has potential of piracy.

Moreover, distribution provisioning signing is required to create the game file for upload so installing through different route than through Appstore(meaning not being able to check Apple ID on install-this is a must for all apps not only the game- noticed the review in appstore) , the game won't likely play because of the provisioning checking regardless of the full ipa unless it's pirated or signed with developing provisioning signing.
    This has potentials that might be against rules of Appstore and Apple.

To make this clear, ever since iTunes 12.7, IPA file is used for development purposes only!
    End-users can no longer downloaded it on the computer.

Please do check your request with Apple's policies regarding ipa file handling and if this is not the case please let me know again.

I hope you understand and I can continue to make better games for you.

Thanks

-Su Min Kim
    Snow Games

4. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Aww, this update really improved the control! Thanks. :)

Snowgames likes this.
  5. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I’d like to accept the challenge, and I am touched by the developer’s hard working, so I purchased the game to support him. (I was waiting for MFI controller support actually:D)

So it takes some time to beat world 1&2 without any upgrades, I really think the MFI controller is needed, since it plays more like Dark Souls lol, I hope the developer doesn’t give up on it.

Before the world 3 challenge, I recorded a world 2 boss fight gameplay (of course no upgrades), hope you like it.

Snowgames and deresi like this.
  6. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    wow, It was an exciting fight full of tension. XD

With this new update, you can now control the movement with the joystick virtual key. It was more convenient than I thought. If you have a chance, try that option. It will provide a better game experience. ;)

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #47 psj3809, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Have checkpoints been added yet ? Or will that be in a future update ?

Reading the review the game sounds great but I know I’ll get frustrated if I have to keep starting levels from the beginning

Also seeing that video it should be

Torch lit

not

Torch Lighted

8. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  9. Snowgames

Snowgames Active Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    Guys....you have to check this out really. I was stunned and amazed!
    I just had to share this.

Gleam of Fire was supposed to be hard.... @Lull4by made it look all too ease. :eek:
    Just dominated World 3-2 without upgrades at all.

How was this possible?? Really looking forward to the rest :)

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Haven’t seen a lot of feedback since the last update. Are the controls much better? Checkpoints? I’d like to try this but almost a gigabyte of space would mean this would require me to get rid of some good stuff and don’t want to be sorry.

Do like that the dev is active here.

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    1. I mainly use the joystick added in the update. I think it is much better. But it may be a personal taste. ;)

2. The Appshopper size of this game is listed incorrectly. Its size is about 820MB, not gigabyte. :)

12. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Checkpoints are probably not needed because they are separated by stages. But if it is added in the update, the last flame point might be a savepoint. This will make the game easier, but it will not be hardcore anymore. If it is added to the option, it may be a good idea for users to decide for themselves.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Stages are fairly long. I think the flames would be good checkpoints. In fact, when I first played the game I thought they were and was frustrated even on the tutorial level that they weren’t.

I’d be fine with making it an option in the game. Hit boxes are pretty stringent in the game and sometimes I hit even static enemies from a jump that I wouldn’t have expected to. Still think it would be plenty hard with checkpoints.

14. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Checkpoint is a good idea. Or it might be better to have a mini map at each level.

15. Snowgames

Snowgames Active Member

Jun 6, 2018
    Male
    @psj3809 @deresi @anthony78 @ctathemarius

So guys, thanks a lot for the feedback!
    I was working hard recently for more optimization for the next updates.
    So happy to see some enjoying virtual joystick better.

Anyways, hardcore one-coin arcade feel was what the game was going for but I do see some needs for putting some pressure and frustrations off thanks to you guys.

I agree putting checkpoint as an option in the game sounds good.
    I will definitely put that on agenda for the updates to come!

Can't promise for the next update and hope for your kind understanding with little bit of time.
    I promise I will get there soon :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback again, definitely making the game better step after step.

Please stay tuned for the updates!

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    i do get the hardcore arcade feel you want. Problem is when people have so many games on their phone it’s easy to get frustrated and play something else instead.

I do want to get this but the large filesize and lack of checkpoints are my only issues. Game looks great and I’m sure I’ll give in once I free up some space !

Snowgames likes this.
  17. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    #57 Lull4by, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    It seems that I am the only one can’t get used to the new D-pad control lol, sometimes I felt frustrated to move my character flexibly like I used the default control, maybe I just can’t master it since I spend a lot of time to try lol.

BTW the world 3 is really INTERESTING.

Here are some suggestions and hopes:
    1. Add an option to set buttons’ transparency.
    2. Make the HP/MP information more visible, the information is too small IMO.
    3. It seems the MFI controller support is impossible at the moment, but I still hope it will out one day, since it felt more comfortable and more flexible to play the platform games like this gem. :D

Snowgames likes this.
  18. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Snowgames likes this.
  19. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    #59 Lull4by, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    So I just uploaded 3-7 & 3-8 challenge walkthrough (without any upgrade, of course), still need some time to record 3-9 & 3-10 since their difficulty are HUGE compared to any other world 3 level.

Hope you like the contents I recorded. :D

nyanpass and Snowgames like this.
  20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    According to this developer news, there will be an update to this game.

And it will be also released soon on Android(GooglePlay). ;)