Go back to old format

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Paul99, May 31, 2018.

1. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    please go back to the old site format this new design is terrible

2. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    I miss the upcoming games category now I’m just lost

3. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    With game icons gone sick of looking at the same thing Its an orange mess much better how it was! Old saying don't fix it if not broke

UnhappyUnlucky likes this.
  4. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yep I miss the old site plus they had to spend a lot of time and probably money just to make a new site style

5. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I would not mind if an improvement what we have at the moment is terrible and I am sure they will lose traffic to the site

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    This new format is just boring, cold and cheap looking. Nothing wrong with the way it was, why screw it up? I’ve already stopped using this site anywhere near as much as I used to...

7. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    100% percent agree but do the powers that be see this? You only have to look at the number of new posts that many have stopped using the site due to the change

8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    They should make two different sites one called touch arcade old school and it would be the og site

9. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

I don’t bother checking on a game thread anymore. I rarely visit this site. It’s all confusing without the game icon. It took all the convenience away from what made it feel right in the first place. I missed the screenshots of games. Before it was like an article on the game to see if I’m interested on downloading the game or not. It shows us what the games look like before I decide to download. Now I’m forced with blind eyes if I want to click on the link to App Store to see if I’m intererested in the game. It gets tedious when I’m checking one game after another when I’m forced out of my browser into the App Store only to find the game uninteresting

Snooptalian and Cooper04 like this.
  10. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Couldn’t agree more. I also rely on cover art to judge if I even wanna take the time to look at the app

11. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    I do not think the power that be even listen to be honest you only have to look at all the spam posted and nobody does a thing

12. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I am a looooong time TA follower, visit(ed) the website numerous times a day and would buy games via the site to give something back (and I have spent a lot on apps).

However, 99 percent of my time is checking new games and deciding whether to buy or not. On the new site I see very few new games (due to icons rather than text) and when I click on them it says `not available in the US store` (although I can see an icon and truncated text so I can’t even search elsewhere as I don’t know the title). I understand it’s to do with linking to the app shopper site but if you don’t sort this out quickly you will lose me (and statistically speaking a lot of others like me).

I spend circa £50-100 per month on apps so I appreciate I am a small part of your revenue but it all adds up lol

13. The new layout is beyond confusing. Having an option for the old layout would be really nice.

14. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Guys we aren't going back to the old site. I'm sorry that you don't like the new design but if you give it a chance I promise it will grow on you.

16. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    100% agree. The site looks like shit now.

17. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    No it won't.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

OK cool.

19. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey Eli,

I think the new site is great overall. I'm sure you'll iron out some of the issues soon to everyone else. Eli and the team owe us nothing. It's their site!

20. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    No need to let the new site grow on you. Download Feedly. Copy and paste the RSS. You’ll never need to come to the site again and you’ll never see an ad. Best thing I’ve ever done.

gquiller likes this.