Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    When I played Ranger there weren't that many poison cards. Her set is focused around dodge cards and action cards. If you don't have poison Werewolf will just heal itself and the battle ends up being near impossible. I found a few poison cards on my run but they only did 1 poison damage which won't help there. If I play her again I'll just have to keep resetting until I find poison cards at the shop or something. Kind of ridiculous in the first place that you have to find cards at the beginning of the game just to beat one enemy. Otherwise, you can make your own deck pretty much for every other enemy.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Deleted this.

Reached the Werewolf and after playing it for a while realised it was just stupidly unbalanced. Did him 100 damage in a turn and he recovered 70 of it in his. Fought a couple more rounds and he’s taken no more damage. I, in the meantime have taken about 170 damage. Can’t be doing this any more. Shame because until that point I loved the game.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It might require a run or too, but that’s rng hell. I have found a lot of action cards that let you draw and give poison damage. My ranger has hardly any attack cards this run.

It doesn’t take much to start over either.

I still hate nun.

If you couldn’t resume your save though I would definitely call the werewolf to be nerfed.

4. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #64 HotHamBoy, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Lots of poison stacks and lots of cards that draw additional cards.

By the time I got to werewolf I was playing 12+ cards a turn on average.

I also had a lot of good equipment and 4 equipment slots.

Dodge is also important for maintaining health. She has that ability that nullifies damage, right? Gotta save that for really difficult match ups.. On minor enemies you are better off just restarting the fight than wasting it. That goes for all abilities in every class, really.

I think I might give up my Nun v Priest run. I just didn't get very good cards IMO and the deck isn't that fun to play. Priest seems truly impossible right now. My nun has a mere 62 hp and i wasn't able to upgrade many cards before reaching him.

I really like the game but after I've used all 4 classes and beaten the three final bosses I really don't see much reason to come back.

It would be cool if beating bosses gave access to something like an endless mode.

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What a great game and a bargain at the low price!

6. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    My ranger had quite potent poison output of 3-5 every turn and since I could heal enough to keep the game going for so long it was no big deal.
    Healing for me was maybe a bit of a cheat ;) wasn't by cards it was through a Pandora's box. It's a blessing that makes your forfeit like 70% of your healing during the campaign and you heal a certain amount for the damage you do during fights then I think. Do I just did damage and got healed by that. Made it easy to sustain.

My nun run though... was pretty tough and now that I really think I got a solid deck I just can't pass the lvl 10 boss before the witch... it's just not possible... I was able to kill him with another class I know, it's the burning tree. It's a mage based boss that needs 1-2 turns to delete my 79hp without any chance to stop it or kill it before that... 50+ dmg for that boss per turn is average... and it even plays the card that gives it a guaranteed extra turn for 30mana which it always has... it's insane #

Man I was so happy to finally be able to face the witch in my 4th run now... but I just can't get there. I will have to reset.

So I can't comment on the difficulty of the witch/priest yet. And apparently even I have to agree that some bosses are too strong...
    burning tree of doom I hate you!

7. symptomac

symptomac Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 23, 2012
    I find it a funny variation on Dream Quest. Yes too easy to get offered bad cards, but if you get the right ones...

Just had a killer run with the Nun. Got the ultra OP "Magic Watch" partway through: "Draw 2 cards, and have a 30% chance to gain 1 extra round". Near the end: "Health Drain: Absorb 40 of your enemy's Health (Pierce damage)"! Those alone would allow finishing almost anything. The key though was tons of Gain mana and draw card and other card-draws. 23 cards and I could get through them all in most rounds especially when "Speed Pray" came through. Funny card was "Clown Trick: Add 2 Prank cards to your enemy's deck" which slowed em down a lot. I think i only died once. Pandora's box gave: "Suck Blood: restore 1 Health from each 3 Damage you deal". The Witch was no match.

Had a crazy run too with the Ranger with two Imitations (that duplicate an action already played that round), could use it to repeat a Sprint draw 3 and +3 action, or a Disarm (to steal enemy equip), else for extra damage. Funny endgame cards: Angel (equip) at beginning of your turn, randomly copy 1 card from deck to hand (non-equip) : basically an extra draw, but occasionally with Hasty Treatment: restore to max health and remove card from game after use :p

But best card for certain bad guys: Last Hope: Play 1 extra round, then change health to 1 at end of round. If a bad guy copies/steals the card from you, then they start the next round at 1 health! No matter how big the are, or fast they heal, 1 poison and they are gone :rolleyes:

Works great on my 7plus with IOS 10. Regularly freezes for 30 seconds on my older iPad with 8.03 so can't play it there :mad:

8. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    wait a minute...had a hell of a time beating some monster boss (third one i believe) and it went straight into another boss where Inhad to investigate a mob (werewolf was only option for me) and went straight into the fight! this isn't the end boss is it ? also wtf is this game so hard ? am i accidentally play it on impossible mode ? it's insane, the cards and buffs the enemies have...how the hell

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah... Honestly the game is perfect until you reach the final boss. If they made them balanced I would replay the game over and over even if I beat the bosses. It's really fun. The problem is I dread reaching the boss so I don't feel like playing :/ I'm not sure why they made them so ridiculous.

10. Ancientmoon

Ancientmoon Active Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Your opinion is more ridiculous than anything. The final boss is not impossible to defeat. You just don’t know how to play a strategic game.

11. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Your opinion is more ridiculous than anything. Trolling is not impossible to do. You just don’t know how to do it properly.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Classic! #

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    lol k.

Try harder.

:D

14. jeffreymonte

jeffreymonte Member

Feb 25, 2016
    DQ Polish Clone

Cards available in this game are exactly the same as Dream Quest.

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #75 Gwarmaxx, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018

:confused::confused::confused:

wtf this means??? :D:D:D

16. Sau611

Sau611 New Member

Jan 31, 2018

Hi,

started the game last week and I love it. It IS hard and somewhat RNG but quite fun.

Finished with Warrior, Ranger and Witch. Currently working on Nun.

All 3 bosses are tough, and you need a good deck to beat them. The key for all my 3 classes was
    - to have a deck with a lot of possibilities to draw cards
    - use poison
    - delete average cards and be picky with new cards
    - chose wisely the pandora gifts and last upgrades : go for 1 additional physical damage and most of all leeching 1/3 damage to heal you
    - embrace the RNG dimension. Sometimes you have bad draws, try again. if your deck is messed, you unfortuynately have to restart

Ranger :
    -look for action cards that add action points + draw. 1 card gives you 3 actions points and 3 cards for 1 action point !! copy them when you finish apples quests
    - stack poison ! 1 additionnal poison is nothing, but when you already have 20/30 active it's amazing
    - also use actions cards that protects you or impede the ennemy

Warrior :
    - finished thanks to an axe that lets you draw a card for each attack.

Witch:
    - go for the watch spell and mana cards that let you pick another mana cards

regarding the 3 game bosses
    - the werewold got spanked thanks to poison
    - the witch is annoying but not the worst ; have to get rid of her equipment that let her revive with 100% health just before killing her
    - priest : when he dies he becomes a statue with 100 HP, then revives with 100% health. Just know that the 100 HP of the statue don't regenerate between two deaths. Kill him so that you have enough cards to gnat his statue HP and you'll get there

17. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I have been playing this game this last couple of days and is awesome. It's like Solitairica (my favorite IOS card game). Has a lot of depth and it is very difficult.

A tutorial would be an incredible addition.

18. Karpulza

Karpulza New Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Can't heal?!

Hey folks,
    So, like many of you here, I do like this game. My problem is that after a few levels I inevitably meet a boss that kills me. No biggie, live and learn right? Adapt my strategy, get stronger, upgrade my cards and try again right? But I can't do any of that until I beat that same boss and I only start with about a quarter of my total heath? What's the deal here? Is there any way to heal? Is there anything else to do? So far I've just restarted using a different hero, I got furthest with the knight, but faced the same end.
    Thanks.

19. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Now I think about it, I've only beaten one boss so far and then I get destroyed every time I make it to another boss. I just assumed one day I'll get lucky and get a bit further.

20. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    I was loving this game until that happened to me like 10 times in a row?! You can't do anything about that. You have to start over and over and over... I only finished the game with the knight, but i got so frustrated with this healing problem that i deleted the game.