Universal [Pre-Order] the Sequence [2] - programming puzzle

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneManBand, Feb 3, 2018.

1. kaspalone

kaspalone Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Any news on the development of this puzzler, @OneManBand?

2. OneManBand

OneManBand Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2014
    I had a small health problem last week, but everything fine now.)
    Development is still ongoing. I'll try to run beta test in a week.

3. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh, i´m sorry, i did not know you were having health issues. Hope everything is fine now.

Regarding the beta process, lemme know if i can chime in, i have my test flight account ready!.

4. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    The game is ready for a small beta test.
    If you are interested in trying it out and providing some feedback, then please provide the details on this thread. Or you could message me privately as well.

5. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    im interested. My TestFlight account is kaspalone[at]yahoo.com. Lemme know when you send the invite to start testing.

Thanks!.

6. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    So I've played the Beta and finished all the available levels. This is what i have to say about it:

The good:
    - This is TheSequence, bigger and badder!. Everything we loved about the original, and then some.
    - The hexa layout fits the design really well.
    - Now everytime you place a tool on the board and rearrange its sequence number, other sequence numbers of items already in place will rearrange accordingly. This is VERY good.
    - theSequence Skipper (tm) is a nice and welcome addition.
    - Cloud save: i did not see it working on the beta, but its there, so its a great addition.

What to fix:
    - Everytime you play a level, you can go to the menu at will by taping on the right icon. This does not apply to tutorial levels, meaning, even if you have already played them, you cannot skip them. You have to play them again in order to continue or go back to the level selection screen.
    - on the level selection screen, you can swipe left and right to other level selection screens. On the lower side of the screen there are dots that tell you at which level you are at. You should be able to tap one of those dots and go straight to that screen instead of swiping repeatedly.
    - when i tap the cloud save icon, nothing happens. is it supposed to work like that on this build?
    - on the main screen, only the level selection button is active. Also, there is no way to come back to that screen while you are on the level selection one.
    - going back to the tutorial levels, the animations in those are self explanatory, however, there should be some legend of some kind, since at least for the sequenceSkipper (tm) it takes a lil while to grasp the concept. Some text might help.

What i'd like to see:
    - I dont see an option to save multiple solutions for a level. Maybe it will come on the final build?
    - level selection screens are dull. There is no animations or anything in the background. Only a very subtle animation on the levels that have not been solved yet.
    - I see there is a points system in place, but how does it work? what's the idea of those? will those work for the leaderboard or something? Should i be able to do something with that within the game?

That's it for now. I wish the beta came with more levels. I basically finished it in an hour. I guess the later levels will offer more of a challenge.

7. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    Thanks for the constructive feedback.
    I will make some fixes in final version of the game.
    As i know the leaderboard does not work for external testers that's why it's disabled in beta version.
    But of course it will work in final version.
    The reason that I do not show multiple solutions save option at the beginning is because too many tutorials at first levels. This option will be available at later levels.

8. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks for your reply. I suspected you left out that feature (multiple level solutions) for the beta, because the levels included were very straightforward and easy. It may come in handy for tougher levels tho.

About the points system. Wouldn't it be cool if you gave access to, i don't know, like 10 super hard levels, if you get to a certain points threshold? Like the ultimate challenge!

9. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    Any news, @OneManBand?

10. Never49

Never49 New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    im interested to test this game. I'm a digital music creator and this game makes for me thought in one of my music software. My TestFlight account is [email protected].
    Thanks a lot if i can test this game.
    Bye

11. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    I apologize for i have not been here for a long time.
    In fact I do not have much news. Development is still ongoing.
    It was necessary to slightly change the initial levels and add a couple of training levels. I noticed that new players who had not played such games previously have difficulty in starting the game.

Your idea of point system is quite interesting, but I do not want to hide part of the levels behind the wall of points since the game itself is quite complex.

12. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    Fair enough.

Do you have an ETA for the final version?

13. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    ETA is not earlier than July.

14. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    That's quite a long road ahead!. Guess i gotta be patient then.

15. kaspalone

Nov 7, 2014
    Any news about this game?

16. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    Not so much. I still polish the game. The only thing I can say so far is that the number of levels is 121.

17. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    #37 OneManBand, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  18. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #38 Misguided, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Any chance this is going to be playable in landscape? Pretty sure that’s why I didn’t spend more time with the original.

19. OneManBand

Feb 2, 2014
    Unfortunately at the moment it is possible to play only with vertical orientation of screen.

20. mood

mood Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice work! Well done! Good job!
    I'll join the beta test if possible !!!!!