Universal Radiation Island (By Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Am I missing something like a recipe? I don't see any option to craft an iron pickaxe in the crafting menu, and I could really use one right about now. #

2. Loozr

Loozr Member

May 23, 2013
    Dear Devs, thanks for the implementation of inverted look. Bought it right away now. Installing as we speak...
    You guys rock!

3. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    When you die, you will lose the weapon that you were holding. However,
    if you go back to the spot you died at, you can pick the weapon up again.
    At least, I have always been able to.

The machine gun is the best weapon in the game. I have only found
    two so far.

I am now on the second top right island. The best way to get away from the
    electrical cloud, is to teleport to one of your safe houses.

Thanks

4. batmania

batmania Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Yes awesome 3rd person what I've requested. Will we be able to switch from 3rd to 1st on demand?

Also is there a way to implement "battery saver" mode were it disables metal to save battery?

5. Wolf Cookie

Wolf Cookie Active Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Question

Ok, I have finished the first island, made my way to the middle island and then worked my way to the second island (the one on the upper left). My question is are there no "X marks the spot" where I can dig up stuff like on the first island? Or is there some sort of map that I can find that will help with those things?

Thx

6. Wolf Cookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Edit: Nevermind...last night I didn't see them and today after the update I can see them.

7. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013

To that last part.. Thank you!!!!!! You answered my prayers. That is much more then I expected!

8. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I noticed that too, but when I went to one of the dig sites marked on the map there was nothing there. Can. Anyone else confirm. If there are dig sites with chests on the second island?

9. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I tried two different spots and there was nothing there, on island one every mark had a crate, seems like a bug.

10. Wolf Cookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Yup, I was just gonna go back and add a second Edit comment. I've gone to 3 separate locations and worn out 2 shovels only to find nothing there. And I've gotten pretty good and finding the exact locations.

This has got to be a bug....

11. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Just a little bug. When I try to catch wolves with traps, they get trapped, but I watch them just run out of it. Rabbits stay trapped though. Is this the same for everyone? I don't think that's supposed to happen.

12. GamerGrrl

GamerGrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    So since there's iCloud saving implemented, can I delete the game now since I've finished it and download it again when the devs update it with new features and still be able to pick up where I left off?

13. cd206

cd206 Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Just wanted to say I love this game so much! Mobile gaming has really come a long way. I'm on the 2cnd island (top left) w/ two telsa towers left and was wondering if there's really any need to loot everything in the telsa bases. Usually i just get the same old stuff and I was wondering if there's any new items I could get (I have all the guns, the same standard set of clothes that you find everywhere, katana, etc.)
    Also I have been hearing about an endless mode in development, is this rumor true? I think it would be cool to have a endless mode (maybe w/ out zombies or towers) in which the sole purpose was survival and to build an empire. Of course there would have to be new balancing things implemented like farming, natural disaster, etc.

14. MaGCoL

MaGCoL Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Chief Creative Officer & Co-founder of Kaamos Game
    Oulu, Finland
    I've been playing this game for a couple of weeks now, and my playtime's nearly 16 hours. And I'm just finishing off the second island!

Just want to say great job devs, you're really showing how iOS is a great platform for high-quality titles that people are willing to pay for!

Haven't read any spoilers from the forums so I have no idea what's in store when I shut down all the tesla towers and unlock the multiplayer feature. Maybe I'll see after 5 hours or so...

15. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    How do you get an iron pickaxe? I don't have it on my crafting menu.

16. cd206

cd206 Member

Feb 19, 2015
    There is no iron pickaxe, but all axes double as pickaxes so if you are still in the 'iron phase' just use your iron axe.

17. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    #797 Bad_Trip, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    How are everyone's feelings on the multiplayer...

Personally, I think it sucks. Considering Atypical games did an amazing job with the Sky Gambler's multiplayer, this is absolutely terrible!

EDIT: to elaborate, when you die you go back to the main game, which is pretty lame if you're trying to play with friends. You run slower, and the multiplayer just isn't what it could have been IMO. I also think having to beat the game first shouldn't be a requirement to play multiplayer.

18. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    My Radiation Island inspired artwork, just done for a bit of fun in my spare time over a few evenings. Larger version here.

[​IMG]

19. geno11233

Nov 29, 2013
    Looks awesome!!

20. cd206

cd206 Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Quick question, I haven't gone back to any of the telsa towers after beating them but after you beat a telsa tower do the zombies respawn?