Universal Return of the Zombie King (by Chris Zukowski)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Oct 17, 2016.

1. RTAMGames

RTAMGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    I may have overstated the randomness a bit. Everyone has a climbing level on the second to last screen. And everyone pulls from the same "chunks" Its just that the order of those are a bit different.

Here are my tips to you:
    - You have full armor. Use it. While you still have armor don't jump over enemies, just let them hit you. It will save energy
    - If you see spikes, don't jump over them. Use your spike boots. (Unless the spikes are at the bottom of a pit)
    - Don't double or wall jump unless you absolutely have to. Those moves burn twice as much energy as a regular jump.
    - Try not to get burned. The flame plates are the most deadly thing in the whole game.

2. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    New Patch

Hey I just launch a patch that fixes a lot of bugs such as the one where you can't continue if you dont want to sign up for the mailing list.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Awesome!!!

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I've just hit that level, and holy crap... it seems almost impossible. I have every upgrade maxed out (except the last ability which I think comes a few levels after) and the closest I can get is about 80% of the way.

I'm doing all the things you mention, just letting armor/spike boots take care of things and only jumping when I have to. I don't see any possible way to get farther, even with a "perfect" run.

5. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Sucks you've had some issues but I'm glad you're still getting interest in this game! I was just thinking the other day for how basic it is in comparison I still much, much more enjoyed this than Super Mario Run... for what it's worth this game was actually fun to play, whereas mario felt somewhat tedious to me, and I've always been a huge mario fan.

6. bryngylf

bryngylf Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks for the update. However, it did not fix the language issue for me (still just a bounch of numbers instead of text).

7. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Language

Hey someone else had a similar issue. Try this

1) Make sure you have downloaded the latest version
    2) Double tap the home button and kill the Zombie King process. Then restart Zombie King. If the language does not switch to english do step 3.
    3) From the Title Screen open settings and then tape the "Language button." It is the 3rd button from the top and it should have 2 letters in it like "en", "es", "fr", "de", "it", "ja", "ru", "zh". Then click the purple back button and it should have the language changed.

Hope that helps.

8. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    This level has those fire plates in them right? Those flame plates are the worst enemy in the whole game. Pretty much your run is over if you hit one or two of them because they do such sustained damage. Do whatever you can to not hit them (even armor won't save you) Sometimes it is preferred to make a jump and take the long way around to avoid a particularly fire-plate-heavy area.

Can anyone else help Mr. or Ms. sweetdiss out?

9. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #169 Intendro, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    The pause button's touch area isn't big enough. Tapping the top-right corner makes me jump instead of pausing the game.
    It's too small even without that issue. :eek:

In the shop, there's a button with a picture of the king's head. What does it do? It currently does nothing for me, as far as I can tell (but it does look like it's being pressed like a button when I tap it...)

Tapping too lightly results in a full-height jump instead of a short jump.

10. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Thanks for the feedback :)

11. bryngylf

bryngylf Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Yepp, step 3 fixed it, thanks!! Now back to collecting body parts! :)

12. jdelstrother

jdelstrother Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Any tips for conserving every last scrap of energy? I'm fully upgraded but one of the later levels is killing me - even with lucky monster placement and a seemingly perfect run I run out just as the end sign comes on screen.

Double jumps use slightly more energy than two regular jumps, right? Do short jumps use less energy than long jumps? And is there any way of wall jumping without it taking a massive chunk of energy?

13. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    Sale

I have a tradition where on my birthday I discount my games. Well, June 28th is my birthday. Lucky You.

So Zombie King is only $1 until Sunday. If you have not picked it up I would hope you do so now because I put my games on sale as often as I have birthdays (which is usually just every 365 days)

Link to download:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/return-of-the-zombie-king/id1071739737?mt=8

L.Lawliet likes this.
  14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Happy birthday! Same day as my brother. You made a great, hilarious game.

15. Terryj

Terryj New Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Sucker for Zombie Games. Ever since Zombies Ate My Neighbors on Nintendo (anyone remember that?) I can't get enough of them. Play many Tower Defense games too, so will be sure to d/l and give this a chance.

16. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    @terryj - Great! Let me know how it goes for you.

17. RTAMGames

Nov 6, 2015
    Designer
    Arizona
    @sinagog - happy birthday to your BRO

18. zukalous

zukalous Member

Oct 24, 2012
    nyanpass and L.Lawliet like this.
  19. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member