Sky Force Reloaded for TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by PeterID, Jun 23, 2017.

1. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sky Force Reloaded
    has just been released for the Apple TV!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The game comes as a shared package with the mobile version. This means it's still free and you can restore any permanent IAPs you might have purchased. Your progress can by synchronized with your phone. Beware though, you might miss a lot of fun if you choose to do that (you'll be asked about this after the intro stage).

Other things you can expect:
    - 2 Player local cooperative mode!
    - Proper adjustment of environment and gameplay to 16:9 screens.
    - New models for all your planes.
    - Some minor differences in the game's balance, necessary to keep it fun and enjoyable.
    - One of the planes had its fury mode revamped. Can you tell which one it is?

I'm posting this in the TV section as a suplement to the original Sky Force Reloaded thread, which seems to be corrupted in some way, therefore not allowing any discussion on the new version.

Anyway, tell us how you like to widescreen version and 2 players mode!

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

2. Realnanners

Realnanners Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Have to say I thought I wouldn't like the game, but turns out I really love it on my Apple TV!

3. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Yes! Love this!! :) looks great on the tv :) it seems pretty tough to progress, is the older paid game a bit less grindy?

4. babaroga73

babaroga73 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Have to say I really really like it (yet again).

I've almost finished Sky Force Anniversary on my ATV4, and it is awesome experience,
    however, it sometimes doesn't connect to online hi-scores and tournament , but the play is buttery smooth and one of the best on ATV4. Compared to Reloaded for ATV4, Anniversary seems a bit lacking in upgrades on ship, etc. But awesome nonetheless.

Back to SF Reloaded ATV, in words of Emment "Everything is awesome!" , especially that I can play background music from other app while I play the game (when silenced the in-game music) , ( which is not avaliable in SF Anniversary. Why is that?). The in-game purchases are a bit confusing, which should I get to get a "full game experience" ? Should I buy both 2X and 'ship upgrades' and the second one I don't understand what it does ? I'd like to have no waiting for upgrades and a bit speedier gain of coins.

Apart from this, gameplay is , as always with you, close to perfect. Works well with my MFi gamepad (Mad Katz CTRLi) , but I find it easier to play with remote.

All the best, cheers from Serbia!

5. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Thanks for your comments!

@ac166: Yes, it was. "Anniversary" for Apple TV was a paid game, while "Reloaded" is F2P that syncs with your phone - hence the difference.

@babaroga73: Upgrade timers cannot be turned off, sorry. The "Plane Generator" IAP will make your planes virtually unlimited, while the "SX2 - Star Doubler" will double the amount of stars you get during the game (it's doubled after the game). As for the background music - it wasn't any intentional action on our side. These games were compiled with two very different (in terms of age and possibly feature handling) versions of Unity so it might be the case. That being said - it saddens us, everytime players turn of the music in our games :-(

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

6. Simoqsa

Simoqsa Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    Playing SFR on the big screen is nice, playing with a friend is better. However, touch control on iPhone is more sensitive and easier to play.

7. Metrovingian

Metrovingian New Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Have you used an iOS device as a second controller to the Siri Remote?

8. David99

David99 New Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Really good game

I have played to the anniversary Edition with my 10 yo girl and now we are playing to reloaded.
    We have a lot of fun.
    It is really a good game when you have two controllers. One of the best on the Apple TV.

For the Reloaded, I would have like a "just buy the full experience" IAP to remove all the time based limits.

The new planes are awesomes.