Space Haven, the PC/Mobile game inspired by Rimworld, FTL and original X-COM.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdmiralGeezer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Amazing can't wait. Getting better everyday.

2. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
  3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Looking forward to playing this one.

4. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    It's been a while! But fear not, silence means we are busy being hard at work Smile We've been working on a random ship generation system. It was quite a large task since we had to determine rules for how we want ships to generally look like and have some logic to it all. Things like crew rooms being their own section, instead of scattered around all over the ship. Engine room should obviously be in the back of the ship, not in the middle. Command center looks good at the front of the ship, but can be put at other sections of the ship as well.

This system will give you the opportunity to explore a refreshing amount of randomly generated ship wrecks, and face other groups fleeing from Earth with their own ships.

The system will not only allow for how the content could be shuffled within a ship, but also the structure of the ship itself. With it being larger or smaller depending on the seed.

In addition to the random ship generation system we have worked on the lighting system and made it better. Enjoy these new screenshots, which shows how the game is looking currently.

[​IMG]
    Grabbed this shot from our programmers screen. Lighting is starting to be on point!
    [​IMG]
    Lone crew member feels lonely.
    [​IMG]
    In-game screenshot from the current Alpha version.
    [​IMG]
    Crew about to board a wrecked ship and investigate what's going on.

If you want to check out a gif of some random ship content generation head on over here:
    http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=295

5. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    This continues to look awesome. Any tentative dates for release?

6. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Wish I could give a solid date but it is impossible. This is the biggest most challenging game we've taken on by far, but we will make it great. And when its great and ready for you to enjoy that's when we release :)

7. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    How far in development is the game in??

8. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    We're starting to reach 1 year of development time, but some 3 months of that was spent on planning and trying to cement the game idea. We're building the base components of the game, which will enable us to create the game. These include graphic assets, path finding AI, draw orders of assets, random ship generation, battle system, star map, animations, user interface. Just to name a few of the top of my head :)

We have some features done but need to tackle a few still. Once we have them in shape we can start creating a game loop and try to figure out game play.

If you want me to throw a range I would say somewhere between 6-12 months for release, but don't shoot me if something happens :) It's so hard to try to predict when a game of this scale is ready for release, and then there are other factors, like when is a good time to release for example.

9. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Phew! ..So still a ways off!? hehe. Take you're time. So far from what I've seen and read, this game is going to be epic. The artwork so far is really, really good. I'm really looking forward to this

10. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Many thanks for the encouraging words. You're right, it is going to be an epic game :)

11. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Hi there! We've been hard at work creating effects for the game the past month. As a result of this we're able to show you some very cool explosions and general mayhem! The ships in the game are pretty much fully destructible, but in regards to what the limits will be in the end is still open. It's really cool to destroy the whole ship though!

When the hull gets breached there is an leakage of oxygen and other gases, creating all kinds of trouble aboard the ship. The speed of the leakage is not really realistic, but could provide for a nice game play feature.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Hull breached!
    [​IMG]
    Engine room explosion.
    [​IMG]
    Total mayhem aboard a ship.
    [​IMG]
    Close up of an explosion on ship.

We have three awesome gifs of explosions at our forums here: http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=298

12. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I can't put into words how pumped I am for this game. It looks like everything I want out of a game.

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Bang! You guys hit it out of the park again. Unbelievably excited for this, continuing to look like it will deliver on the promise a few iOS games have failed to deliver...

14. Deadpan

Deadpan Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    This looks really really good, and idea on a release timeframe at the moment?

15. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Q1 or Q2 of 2018 perhaps, could be Q4 2017 if all goes superb. Hard to say, we are building the puzzle pieces, after that we need to put them all together and make it a game :)

16. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Any chance of early access before that? That's soooo far away (this game looks so dope I just want to play it) :)

17. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    We'll see, the first release we do will be an early access, that will be the point we deem we are ready to show it and start developing it further from there.

We're working as fast as we can. Patience my friend and stay tuned! :)

18. WildHunt

WildHunt Member

Feb 16, 2017
    looks really awesome dude, it's something i wanted to play, love X-COM

19. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Appreciate it! Things are moving forward nicely. Working on some really cool planets for background now. Will do an update soon!

20. cbos0503

cbos0503 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Uhm. So I just stumbled across this while searching for any Rimworld mobile news. Can't believe I hadn't heard of it before. I'm a big fan of Rimworld. Been playing the alphas for a few years now. Really hoping this will scratch that itch. Can't wait to play it and help beta it, if you need the help.