Universal Wonder Blade (By Puppet Depot Game Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PuppetDepot, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey dukat111. The game does not have controller support yet! I’m waiting for it before I jump in. Seems like with MFI support and a few updates, this game will be even better!

PuppetDepot likes this.
  2. PuppetDepot

PuppetDepot Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Actually, every boss has his own rules, as long as found the rules are easy to deal with, the important thing is not to covet attacks, and more use dodge, Ice boss attack mode is simple, but often change the position, so more need to fight steadily, slowly deal with, ghost house boss is the same, After magic of skeleton claw starts just keep moving, as for rotating sickle, you just need to dodge behind the boss.

3. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Congrat for finish the game! :) it seems that you are a master of action games, jump attacks can really solve many difficult enemies, but it seems that many people do not like to jump :) Thank you for writing your experience and skills.

IggyZX_ likes this.
  4. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Controller has not been supported yet :) It has been added to the plan list.

dukat111 likes this.
  5. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Hi guys,

These days I submitted update version 3 times, but apple rejected them all, I'm looking for a reason. Once the updated version is approved, you'll be able to update it right away, I'm sure it will be soon.

6. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Ack! you're right!
    I've been playing so many games this week I completely forgot.

7. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Any chance for cloud saves?
    I wouldn't mind being able to switch my save to another device. :)

dukat111 likes this.
  8. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    whats the best way to build your character in terms of stats distribution and skill upgrades?

9. JohnConnor8

JohnConnor8 Member

Aug 17, 2018
    I’ve registered to the forum to kindly ask you to add MFi controller support. This game is awesome and it will benfit from the difficulty once controller support is added.

All the best

10. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I use a fairly balanced one with a bit emphasis on attack. Don’t know if it is optimal.

11. al4red_uk

al4red_uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Don’t know what to buy this or Barbearian?!

This is more in line with my budget and I absolutely love castle crashers (sorry to compare! But I’d say that’s more a compliment) and looks super fantastic!

I know a difficulty update is on its way but I hate games that are overly too difficult and that is what a lot of ppl have made it sound like.

So the question, is it really that hard?? And should I wait for the update then buy this and keep busy with Barbearian instead or jump right in and get this...

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You’ll get mixed opinions here about the difficulty. As the developer has said, the regular stages are fairly easy, but the difficulty ramps up significantly on the boss stages. The update should balance things out better — still, even as it is, the game is great, frustrating fun.

By comparison, Barbearian is more about the cool concept and less about engaging you in the action. That’s not to say that it’s bad — in fact, I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve played so far. But I can’t see obsessing over it in the same way as Wonder Blade. Part of that is due to the camera distance — I wish Barbearian would let you magnify the screen.

Either way, you are not going to go wrong.

PuppetDepot likes this.
  13. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Barbearean does let you magnify the screen.
    Go to \options\accessibility\visual and play with the Camera Zoom slider.

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    @al4red_uk: At its current state, WB will give you about 20 minutes of joy until boss #2 - unless you are the masochistic-gamer type who loves an ultra brutal fight and difficulty spikes which have nothing to do with the previous challenges. I'd say if this is not the case, go with Barbearian.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Get both. No, seriously. Start with this though, and if you hit a wall with the second boss, put it down, switch to Barbearian and come back once the update hits. I have to mirror what squarezero said though...I don't think I'll ever find myself obsessing over Barbearian, no matter how fantastic it is, while Wonder Blade just is SO easy to fall in love with. Trust me, you can't do wrong getting both.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    I beat the boss second try. I was expecting it to be so hard from all the comments here but it wasn't bad at all with proper dodging.

IggyZX_ and PuppetDepot like this.
  17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yeah, “proper dodging” seems to be something that you either get, or you don’t. And that’s the problem. A good boss fight doesn’t depend on one thing: it tests all the skills you’ve learned up to that point and gives you some wiggle room to figure out your own way to beat it. Making it all hinge on “getting” dodging (and I should note that I have no problem dodging anywhere else in the game) is a recipe for a frustrating experience. Unless, of course, you happen to get it.

PuppetDepot likes this.
  18. al4red_uk

al4red_uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I’m gona go with this and as soon as payday hits get Barbearian after! By then I hope the updates out but who know like @adamphetamine might get through it easily and may not bother me!(l (fingers crossed)

L.Lawliet and PuppetDepot like this.
  19. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    #239 PuppetDepot, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Hey guys!

I'm very excited to tell you that the new version 1.2 has been approved by Apple and can be updated right now. This version balances the difficulty of the game and fixes some bugs, easier for combo, easier to capture enemies, and 2nd boss is no longer an obstacle :)

Thank you very much for your attention and patience these days. I will make the game better in the future :)

Cheers!!!!!!!!

20. PuppetDepot

Aug 3, 2018
    Male
    Go for it, update has been launched, enjoy! :)

lilneo likes this.