iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Hope their other pinball titles get iCade too!

2. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I'm interested in opinions of Zaccaria Pinball. I like the idea of pinball with hardware controls. Good content without need for further IAP? Nice iCade implementation?

3. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Donut's Jungle Crash Land now supports iCade.

P.S. I see that a reviewer of Pac-Mac for iPad 3.5.0 has been able to get iCade working again (sometimes?) by exiting the app at the start of each level (or something like that). I didn't test: I'm sticking with the previous app version.

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    The awesomely badass new release "Fangz" is going to get icade support in the 1st or 2nd update according to the dev.

I cannot recommend this game enough. The dev is super active and at $1 for potential icade bliss its a sound investment.

5. Ok, now that icade support has been added to Plasma Sky and the other bros, will go look at the fangz thread. Can you introduce me, and maybe ask the dev if I can help him implement icade for his game? I have gotten a pretty strong backing from alot of the big name developers now, so I wanna help if possible.

I will be starting a developer icade help page thread soon since so many devs have helped me, so we can get more and more icade games going with icade support. :)

6. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Will do matey :)

7. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hey connector and iCade guys. Could you stop by the Flash Gordon 2600 thread?

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2785133&posted=1#post2785133

The developer is trying to add iCade support. Here's a quote from the main thread:

8. Okay, seems like the developer of Fangz wants to work with me on icade core joystick support. The developer has a question.

[I'll definitely take you up on this. I still have to get an iCade first though. Any idea where I can get one in Europe (online order)?]

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2785771&postcount=166

-------

Does anyone know where it would be cheapest to get an icade core in Europe online? Can anyone post a link? Can you order from Amazon? Thanks.

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    #1669 lena, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    Europe is big. A country would be nice. In the Netherlands you can just buy them at Dixons and Mediamarkt (two big electronics stores). Amazon UK has a great price for the core and is probably best (here is a page with delivery cost for many countries). Amazon DE has it too, but it's more expensive. It depends on where the devs live. Amazon.com will most likely be too expensive if you add the high shipping cost and import duties. It's often useful to just use google in the country in question (when I want to buy something that I know is cheaper in the UK I go to google.co.uk and choose "pages from the UK only" for eample).

It's also possible to develop for iCade without having an iCade yourself using simul80. I think The Other Brothers devs did that too.

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Do they make an Icade for iPod touch? Or can you use a normal one

11. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney

Hey mate. You can use the normal ones but there is also a mini version I think. Alternatively there are a few gamepads on the market that utilize icade controls.

On the previous page you can see a playpad that Xeyad's been using. Looks and sounds great.
    I've been using the Ipega gamepad which I'm stoked with. You can strap your iPod into it if desired. Flippin sweet!

Attached Files:

12. See

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2753258&postcount=234

And

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262&page=25

Many games will work with iphone or itouch but not all.

Go here and look at icons to see

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/icade-games

Adams immersive has the most experience with iphone use with the icade core joystick, so maybe he can comment.

I will try to play my icade core with my iphone and do a quick writeup too.

13. Stichz

Stichz Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Wow great news. That game would definitely benefit from those controls!

14. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    #1674 laxking97, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  15. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
  16. Adams Immersive

Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Yes, I find that most iCade games are Universal, and work with iCade even when run on iPhone, and therefore most would work with an iPod Touch as well. (A game that is iPad-only, not Universal, will of course not work.)

That said, it's a little silly-looking to have a giant Core joystick with a tiny phone/iPod stuck on top; and in landscape, the edge of the screen is cut off by the giant slot (not that you really have to use the slot--it's all wireless).

Core + iPhone/iPod makes sense if either A) you connect to HDMI TV/projector or B) you're a developer without an iPad, and want to test gameplay using the "normal" iCade button layout. (iCade Jr. and other compact options all use different arrangements.)

17. Linked to HDMI thread toc (table of contents) here

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2703132&postcount=3

18. Interesting read of some of my experiences with Plasma sky icade integration, and kinda alot of other junk. This is from the TA, game of the week thread and hdmi thead.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2785519&postcount=81

Top secret picture of Plasma Sky with icade support. 5 icade speed sensitivity settings, probably the first of it's kind ever with joystick speed support. You all will like... :)

Attached Files:

19. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    This is cool. I've emailed a few devs before but my information was pretty shallow.

Cheers

20. laxking97

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    It's still not the best guide, but hopefully people will help out an send me links to make it even better.