Kill the Plumber - play as the plumber's enemies in this reverse Mario type game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by keybol, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Awesome logo it looks badass

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you! This is it! We have already finalized and smoothed everything out.

Kill the Plumber
    Developer: Teki Town
    Planned Release Date: July 23, 2015
    Price: $2.99
    Type: Universal

Feature #1 A unique puzzle platformer where you play as the enemies instead of the hero.
    Feature #2 Pay once and play! From the creator of Pretentious Game comes a new premium game with no iAP.
    Feature #3 Compete for the best speed run record when you beat the game with Game Center .

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    So long away :(

I hope all the kinks and snuggles (AppSpy) are worked out then. :)

4. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    yes we worked on a lot since that version we sent which was month ago.

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Man I can't wait!

6. This is my kind of game! I'll be picking this one up for sure.

7. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #107 keybol, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Sorry no update for a while. We're having technical problems

8. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I received your "original" post via my email and I have to say I am devastated that this game won't be released anytime soon due to the "technical" issues, and the fact that the people monitoring the App Store are arrogant POS!

There are so many apps on the App Store with this "issue", and yet these idiots approve them, yet yours they won't.

This is so disappointing :(

If it makes you feel any small amount of laughter, maybe you can ask Taylor Swift to change their minds. She complained about how the 3-month trial of Apple Music doesn't pay royalties to singers, and Apple decided in her favor :)

9. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #109 keybol, Jun 23, 2015
    Thank you for your encouragement. We can't believe either. How could these blatant ripoffs get approved? https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/x-war-clash-of-zombies/id608847384?mt=8
    I deleted my original post still hoping for a change. I contacted somebody from Apple who I met in a convention and my previous publisher for other game, because they have a 'voice'. It's unfortunate I can't even say a thing to defend myself in the conversation, it was only to inform me.

Regarding Taylor Swift, see she has a voice. She demands attention. If another unknown artist wrote that, I don't even think press will write about it.

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #110 keybol, Jun 23, 2015
    I remain hopeful because a person from Apple who knew about my game in the convention it was showcased contacted me and asked for details. When I submitted the required details, she replied, "I’ve made the right teams aware of the forthcoming launch."
    Guess there's no forthcoming launch.

11. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #111 keybol, Jun 23, 2015
    Ok it's definitely over, the big publisher I've worked before has confirmed to me that based on their experience, if it's Apple's Legal who made the verdict then the decision won't change even if they try to get a meeting with them. Below is my original post.
    TL;DR
    There won't be an iOS version, but Android version will still be released on July 23 and a bigger Steam version is in the works.

Thank you guys for the support and input! To those who have played the beta, thanks for trying out the game and providing feedback, they're great help.

12. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This really sucks!!! I'm sorry this happened to you. I really wanted to play this on ios. :(

13. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #113 keybol, Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah. People are sending me pm's if they can get the game via TestFlight and pay us to support us developers. Now that I think about it, maybe we can actually do it.

We do have available many slots available. We can also update the game with TestFlight.

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Sucks that your game won't get the full release it deserves. If you do decide to go down the Testflight route though, make extra sure that you're not violating another of Apple's T&Cs. Wouldn't want them to take your dev licence.

15. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I had a developer use http://www.diawi.com to upload and send a build through a back door. I got it April 9th and the game still works

16. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    It's just a thought. Android is still coming. Pocketgamer wrote about this in their news section and Rami Ismail of Vlambeer tweeted about it.

17. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Omg

I was like heartbroken when I heard this news. Seriously. What the heck Apple? We all know that the game reminded us of nostalgia, but IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT WAY. the graphics and gameplay were Supposed to remind you of the mario genre but everything is NEW and MADE BY THE DEVS. I am so angry right now. It is not fair that apple has a more strict system thand android.
    BTW if the dev plans to release it on ios in some other Fashion, I would certainly play it.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'd honestly just keep submitting it under someone at Apple gets their head out of their ass. I don't think you have anything to lose at this point. There's no reason this shouldn't be released.

19. foyzul2002

foyzul2002 New Member

Jun 24, 2015
    I agree with Apple. I think they were right to deny the game. Doesn't mater if you did the graphics yourself, you are still copying nintendoa and Mario games, and you know that. It's obvious, and both Apple and Nintendo don't want a game called kill the plumber when clearly it's meant to look like Mario. Nintendo is a family company and one of their characters being associated with something like this is not something they want. Change the game to 'kill the banker' and make the world look less like a Mario inspired game. If you can't do that then obviously you want to use one of Nintendos games and mascots as publicity.
    Well done Apple. Now please take all the other shizzles off the App Store.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Apple isn't protecting Nintendo's intellectual property as much covering its own ass. I'm not on either side because in situations like these only a lawyer can tell if the product falls under fair use for parody/satire.