Universal Metal Slug Defense (by SNK Playmore)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2014.

1. Foctobar

Foctobar Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Paying with medals to upgrade your units?? That'll probably finally make me not even try to play the game anymore (I'm low on time anyway). They want to get more money, but they're also encouraging more people to hack their games for infinite medals.

2. oneasian

oneasian Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2014
    The level cap has only been extended by 5, and in my opinion, it's not a major difference. I've done it for a few of my units and it doesn't even give units an extra 1000 health. if the level cap was raised by 10, then i could see getting upset about having to use medals for that.

3. no_gaems

no_gaems Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Is anyone having trouble finding players? Since the new update there are times when it takes me between 30 - 40 minutes to find players, it's ridiculous.

4. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    It's really crazy. They do nothing to combat the hackers, but for those who play fair, conduct an aggressive money sucking policies. I think that this would only increase the hackers and outflow of honest players. :(

5. joseph1234

joseph1234 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    yeah sometimes..1st game on wifi seems to find players fast but the next games take a long time..
    on these circumstances use the ranking method,

step by step:

1.play on wifi
    2.if searching for opponents takes a long time go to the ranking section(lower right corner)(by doing this you reset your connection automatically)

it will take you to the ranking lobby(you can see your friends ranks,on the right page you can see all the players on line(sometimes the max players i see is 20,000+ online(peak hours), and the lowest 200-300+ only)

3.now go back to wifi and search again, (most of the time it works)

6. nonlamer

nonlamer Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Any comment on new units? Are they good?

And... Should I buy Monoeye? 240 medal for low hp unit with 180ap and normal production rate. I'm looking for a damage dealer in the backline, any recommend?

7. altimore

altimore Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Get a ring laser mech instead or tar man with your money. Or both. New units I find Zombie Professor the most value for money. Useful in practically all decks.

8. TheMaster42

TheMaster42 Active Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Next unit?

I have 315 medals. What should I purchase next to improve my deck's late-game?

I currently use a noob-friendly rush deck with:
    - Native
    - Sandbag
    - Metal Claw

If the match goes to the mid-game I can sometimes fall back on:
    - Iron Iso
    - SV-001
    - Slug Copter...

But if it goes late I auto-lose because I have no high-AP units. What would be the best use of 315 medals to improve my deck?

I'm guessing I should get one of:
    - Jupiter King
    - R-Shobu
    - Iron Nokana Mk II

But which? I also have a problem taking out longer-ranged attackers that pile up, so wondering if I should pick something up with piercing like a ring mecha. Iron Iso didn't really work out.

9. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Don't know why people use the Metal Claw, SV-001 among others (they have weak shots).

Iron Iso is useful to defend or to establish a position since it doesn't advance.
    Slug Copter is weak.

For your 3 options;
    I would buy R-Shobu. It cost 300ap and you can use it many times during a battle and can make a lot of difference.
    Jupiter King is useful if you have spare medals. In case you don't, use the Elephant Slug (advance time in your smartphone if necessary) to counter Jking (using the special to push Jking back before he fires his laser).
    Iron Nokana has a piercing attack which is great but the first shot is quite useless. I wouldn't use it.

10. altimore

altimore Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Point: Iron Iso can be used offensively. You just need a good front line to support it. I do it all the time.

@TheMaster42
    Since you're already kinda using a rush deck, you might wanna invest in the following units.

Claw Unit - Excellent for keeping your front line safe and taking MSAs as well as smashing aerial units out of the sky.
    Professor Zombie - Must have for rush decks right now cause they make a very cheap but beefy front line
    Tar Man - Cheap and fast production heavy hitter
    Ring Laser Mech - Yes it would be a good investment. Again you'd probably need a good front line for it though because its range is so short.
    Utan - Extremely good for rush decks right now. If you've ever experienced an utan rush you'll know why. Iron iso counters it hard though.

Unfortunately with only that amount of medals, you'll be hard pressed to find a good heavy team, so I suggest you stick with rush since it's cheaper. Take your pick between those units though I'd personally vote for Prof Zombie or Utan for an extra rush unit (I find two rush units is perfect for a rush deck), Tar Man and Ring Laser Mech. Claw Mech comes in very close but you have to be good at using it and should probably only use it with Prof Zombie or another good front liner.

11. nonlamer

nonlamer Member

Aug 19, 2014
    Slugensterm and Protogunner look really good. Are they worth buying?

12. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Guys,

With the new update, is it worth spending 30 medals on unlimited level ups for your units? It seems a little expensive?

13. xmani3k

xmani3k Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Judging by the comments on facebook, all outraged by the situation with hackers and sucking money. And I was thinking, and in fact may initially developed SNK system can not determine who honestly pay money for a medal, and who received them through hacking, ie they are likely to continue to turn a blind eye to the situation, because in no way will be able to solve the problem, but to rewrite everything from scratch, thus finally throwing users who paid in-app purchase.

14. mikmsd

mikmsd Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Charging 30 medals for a SLIGHT increase of a SINGLE UNIT HP is a ripoff, specially for units with low HP. I spent 120 medals to update 4 units of mine.
    Clark: Went from 2400 to 2550
    Samurai Tanks: Went from 3000 to 3375
    Sasquash: Went from 2400 to 2850
    RLM: Went from 3200 to 3825

Most nice units that arrived in the last TWO updates cost around 250 medals! Unless you're hacking, how can you buy those units? Playing during months and winning several thousand wifi VS?

And what about unit's AP/HP? It's for the sake of balance but with every update, you might end with a useless unit. Trevor got nerfed (was too strong), Big Snail cost 120 (was 100), Utan makes a lot of damage in 1.6 (don't know know), RLM cost 100ap (from 120), Ralph cost 120ap (from 140)… The list goes on. You end up spending 100, 200 medals on a unit that might end up useless in the next update. Now the only way to enjoy the game is hacking it or spending 50usd to 100usd to get enough medals to try many units. Otherwise, you'll end up frustrated to be annihilated during a Wifi VS.

Hackers are flooding the game lately. They throw too many MSA it's annoying.

Game is not fun anymore.

15. eastx

eastx Member

Apr 9, 2011
    The idea is that you buy medals as IAPs. That's how the game is monetized. SNK doesn't really want you to play forever without spending anything.

16. TheMaster42

TheMaster42 Active Member

Sep 20, 2014
    You can earn infinite medals through free play. That's better than the vast majority of other mobile games. You can get a couple hundred free medals from doing the less-annoying TapJoy adverts. Click "free" under the purchase medals page.

I ended up getting R-Shobu and Jupiter King. Along with unlocking Donald Morden and Allen O'Neil it made for a just-fine heavy end. R-Shobu's cooldown time of "Normal" is absolutely crazy. It seems like any "perfect" deck would always include it.

I unlocked Claw Unit shortly thereafter, and it's absolutely incredible. Its charge move is an automatic long range attack. The jump-smash move is its special. If you time it properly, you can do charge then smash for a ton of damage. The special one-shots zombie scientists and allows my Natives to beat Ralf, Samurai Tank, other Natives, and a lot of other rush-stopping builds. The power drops significantly if it can't use its special, however.

If the opponent doesn't also have Claw, I'm at a significant advantage in the early game, and only well-thought-out builds can stop my rush. It doesn't really have enough health to be a strong factor in late-game spam, however.

I took Utan most recently and it enables a ton of rush opportunity. Its DPS is outrageously high, and its special is excellent burst. Just a couple of them, unloading their special, can kill a Claw Unit before it finishes its charge+special.

I'm getting beat now by Donkey Slug a lot. It has enough health to survive an MSA. I was going to unlock MG Unit next, but now I'm thinking Donkey Slug might be better? On paper it looks like MG Unit has slightly longer range, but Donkey Slug has more health and a piercing special (and costs 15ap more).

Does anyone have both and can compare the two? Does MG Unit still have enough health to survive a single MSA?

17. Skitarii

Skitarii Well-Known Member

May 7, 2014
    Donkey Slug has 400 more health than MG Unit. Not sure if 2400 HP is enough to survive MSA.

Protogunner is my favorite of the bunch though.

18. no_gaems

no_gaems Member

Aug 28, 2014
  19. never

never New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Digital Marketing
    Istanbul, TR
    I guess, Donkey slug will be nerfed on next update. It's AP will be revised between 100-150

20. Dedias

Dedias Member

Sep 12, 2014
    This game right now is all about spammable units. The heavy units have lost appeal.

The most common deck that I see now is:

Claw unit
    Utan
    Ring Laser Mecha
    Scientist Zombie / Native
    Donkey Slug
    Tar Man
    R Shobu

When I fight this deck, it's impossible to win.
    Claw unit is the shield, and everything behind is spam
    I have good units: Claw Unit, Clark, Zombie Marco, Iron Iso, Slug Gunner, Giant Catterpillar, Elephant Slug, Morden, Jupiter King.

I would smash these decks if I can hold the battle to call heavy units, but it's impossible to survive the spam spam spam, and battle ends too early. My early units are good, they kill lots of those spammable, but their production rate won't match the spam.

I've been thinking how to adjust my deck to counter these common spammable decks.

What do you guys think of Special force?

It cost low ap, fast production rate, and crashes like MSA. In theory, it's perfect to clean spams of utans and scientist zombies.

Anyone using it?