A Dark Room RPG Promo Code Give Away [iPhone/iPod, iOS7]

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by amirrajan, Jan 26, 2014.

1. amirrajan

amirrajan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    4 codes left

nerdherd picked one up. 4 more left. I'll check back tomorrow to award the rest.

May the fire burn brightly for you!

2. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Thanks a lot for the code, just play the ios version a bit so far, it is as enjoyable as the web version, there is so much to develop and explore just after light up the first fire. just one thing that units that can not be built anymore can be turned grey such as cart.

3. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    It was endearing to read how much hard work went into not only the preservation of this games atmosphere but also additions to keep it engaging. It's nice to know developers care about their work. I'm also quite impressed by the apps designed to help the blind with money/clothes/etc.

4. alldayremix

alldayremix New Member

Jan 27, 2014
    NJ, USA
    This sounds fascinating, it's always a blessing when a developer really engages with the community. Would love to give it a try!

5. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    2 codes left!!!

dingdongfootball and alldayremix have received promo codes. Only two codes left!

6. drsoup

drsoup Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Canada
    I had no idea there were that many accessibility options for the blind, it's pretty amazing. I also can't believe how easy it was to make the game so accessible to blind people. I have a friend who's legally blind and I will definitely be recommending this game to him.

7. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    One code left!

drsoup got a promo code. There is one code left!!

8. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I wanted to find something profound to mention from either blogpost but all I could think of was hearing about the 1 star review. I've played the game on a friend's device for a short while and also the web version. Both are perfect imo, I can't imagine finding anything not to love about the game.

It's such a shame someone would choose to miss out on such an experience :/

I don't actually know if there are any codes left, I just wanted to put my two cents across about this masterpiece :D

9. amirrajan

Jan 14, 2014
    Software Developer
    Dallas, Tx
    Contest Complete

PeteOzzy got the last promo code. Thank you everyone for your kind words about the game. I really do hope you enjoy it.

May the fire burn brightly for you,
    - Amir

10. Rare

Rare Member

Jan 16, 2014
    It appears as though I have arrived a second too late haha. I searched on YouTube for some gameplay of this game and it appears like it is indeed a masterpiece as others have mentioned. If there are no more codes left so be it. When I have time to go to the store and buy a gift card I'll be sure to make this a number one priority to buy. Thank you for this wonderful game.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  12. nabors93

nabors93 New Member

Jan 27, 2014
    A Dark Room

You are way too hard on yourself everything ever made will have at least one bad review but a million fans standing by your side. I am pretty positive this game will live up to my standards. I appreciate all your hard work you did to bring A Dark Room to our mobile devices.

13. nightshade3

nightshade3 Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I've been playing the game since last night. I thought I could beat it in one go since it was a "text game."

I was wrong. There isn't any text game that I can compare this too. It is quite unique in a great way.

It is difficult to give impressions without exposing any spoilers. I feel like the whole game should be experienced without knowing anything.

It's a game that should be a must play by any gamer who plays a variety of games. Not just the mainstream ones but well thought out indie ones as well.

This one should not be missed. A Dark Room has me guessing at what it all means. (I haven't completed it yet but feel like I'm close)

There are subtle changes...

Keep your eyes and mind open or you'll miss something...

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yes more impressions please! Thanks for the cool giveaway dev