Witchspace 2 (ipad) - free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1 Greyskull, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013

Witchspace 2

Witchspace 2 is a role playing / sand-box / simulation set in a Galaxy that changes with each new game.

You com…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Witchspace 2 is a role playing / sand-box / simulation set in a Galaxy that changes with each new game.

You command a ship along with your three lovely crew mates, in pursuit of the ultimate goal, Freedom.

How to achieve that goal is entirely up to you.

Will you speculate in raw materials trading, or mine asteroids directly and sell your cargo on the richest planets? Maybe you'll decide to to scour the galaxy in search of pirate scum to be eradicated, for a fee. Or will you turn to the dark side, become a Pirate, and travel the space lanes in search of the juiciest prey ? There is no single way to play, but there is only one way to win. Gain permanent freedom and independence, and earn the commander rating of 'Elite'.

Gameplay features:
    •Procedurally generated games mean you don't ever play the exact same game twice.
    •Engage in combat in 3 dimensions.
    •Combat requires preparation, strategy, quick thinking, and a little luck.
    •Interact with over 160 Planets and Asteroids.
    •Each Planet has a dynamic economy. Buy low, sell high. Easy !
    •Maintain and enhance 7 onboard systems, or pay the price in combat.
    •Mine Asteroids for raw materials.
    •Craft repair parts, and upgrades for your ship.
    •Your crew can stop and smell the roses when luxuriating on vacation.
    •Create your very own Asteroid Base, complete with all of the comforts of home.
    •Two difficulty levels, in case you start to feel cocky.
    •Help manual is incorporated into the game. No need to be online when playing.
    •NO ADS.

You start the game with the weakest of ships, randomly placed in an unforgiving Star System. From there you must strike out and become master of your own fate.

The depth of strategy and simulation of this game requires that the player take the time to learn about the Universe they inhabit, and the ship they command. This is no shallow shoot em up, or repetitive defense game. If you take the time to sink your teeth in, you will be rewarded with hours of emergent gameplay.

Witchspace 2 is the type of game I've always had a hard time finding on a mobile platform. Now, I hope you'll enjoy the game as much as I do.

User feedback will be incorporated into future releases, so if you have any requests, bring em on.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation
    Release:Dec 20, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Some of the screenshots might be a bit...juvenile, but the description sounds intresting. I installed it this morning but haven't launched it yet.

2. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Soooo... uhm... Do they offer an IAP for a less awkward Icon?:eek:;):D

DBC

3. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Is there a reason why appinfo posted from my ipad won't show on my ipad? Doubleyew Tee Eff.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not showing up on PC either. Link works... tags are correct... something is busted somewhere.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks M to the Gee Tee Kay (mind if I call ya that? ;)). I don't have my PC nearby so I can only go by the app. Well, I could visit TA on mobile Safari but I always accidentally hit the TA app banner, launching the appstore. And that pisses me off.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I won't mind if you change the Kay to Ex :p

7. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ok, so...

The weirdest thing about this game?

Underneath the, uhm, skin of the game is what appears to be a more than decent... well, game.

Color me confused and intrigued. It doesn't look like something I'll really be able to dig into in the next month or so, but yeah, it actually looks pretty good.

FYI? I've never hung out with any engineers, but I'm guessing that is not the standard uniform.:eek:

DBC

8. Wow, what screenshots!!!

Witchspace 2

You com…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details

You command a ship along with your three lovely crew mates, in pursuit of the ultimate goal, Freedom.

How to achieve that goal is entirely up to you.

Will you speculate in raw materials trading, or mine asteroids directly and sell your cargo on the richest planets? Maybe you'll decide to to scour the galaxy in search of pirate scum to be eradicated, for a fee. Or will you turn to the dark side, become a Pirate, and travel the space lanes in search of the juiciest prey ? There is no single way to play, but there is only one way to win. Gain permanent freedom and independence, and earn the commander rating of 'Elite'.

Gameplay features:
    •Procedurally generated games mean you don't ever play the exact same game twice.
    •Engage in combat in 3 dimensions.
    •Combat requires preparation, strategy, quick thinking, and a little luck.
    •Interact with over 160 Planets and Asteroids.
    •Each Planet has a dynamic economy. Buy low, sell high. Easy !
    •Maintain and enhance 7 onboard systems, or pay the price in combat.
    •Mine Asteroids for raw materials.
    •Craft repair parts, and upgrades for your ship.
    •Your crew can stop and smell the roses when luxuriating on vacation.
    •Create your very own Asteroid Base, complete with all of the comforts of home.
    •Two difficulty levels, in case you start to feel cocky.
    •Help manual is incorporated into the game. No need to be online when playing.
    •NO ADS.

You start the game with the weakest of ships, randomly placed in an unforgiving Star System. From there you must strike out and become master of your own fate.

The depth of strategy and simulation of this game requires that the player take the time to learn about the Universe they inhabit, and the ship they command. This is no shallow shoot em up, or repetitive defense game. If you take the time to sink your teeth in, you will be rewarded with hours of emergent gameplay.

Witchspace 2 is the type of game I've always had a hard time finding on a mobile platform. Now, I hope you'll enjoy the game as much as I do.

User feedback will be incorporated into future releases, so if you have any requests, bring em on.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation
    Release:Dec 20, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Lol at "your crew"

10. This does not seem realistic!

Attached Files:

11. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Yeah, and the one in the middle? That's your engineer. Sorry, but I'll stick with Kaylee...;)

DBC

12. BlindingLights

BlindingLights Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2011
    The one on the lefts face is really creeping me out to be honest. She looks like something from a horror film :(

13. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    That's what I get for posting while tired :(

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I know, they have the faces of 11 year olds and the bodies of, well...I don't think the designers were purposefully trying for that, at least I hope not.

Still, the description reminds me of Starflight and the other awesome open world sci-fi games for computers.

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I liked the game but have to say I found some parts of it rather disturbing, so have now deleted it.

16. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Could I trouble you to elaborate on "rather disturbing?":confused:

DBC

17. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    you haven't found the secret "Hot Coffee" cheat yet?

18. Drummerboycroy

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Seriously? I realize it isn't actually "Hot Coffee," but is that what we're talking about? I haven't played it yet, but considering my "Crew...":rolleyes::p:D

DBC

19. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, that just makes me want to play it :D

20. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Well it almost looks like children's heads on adults bodies, I just find it a little unsettling.