Universal Kindo (Formerly Kingdoms) a medieval board game from the 21st century

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by paul-spacebears, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
  2. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Tried out the new rules for a couple of days and they are great! Haven't experienced any stale mates and although the rules make you update your strategies the game is just as good and fun! Lovely! Can't wait until more can try them out and of cause when the game releases to a wider audience!

Pedroapan

3. paul-spacebears

paul-spacebears Well-Known Member

The update including the gameplay tweaks is now live! See you in the game! :)

4. paul-spacebears

Hi!

We've released our first RC build of Kindo to our beta testers on Friday! It seems that we're getting close to finally releasing the game, isn't it? :eek:

After an intense weekend of testing, this morning we decided to post a selection of game replays highlighting the tactical possibilities in Kindo.
    If you have replays showing tactics you like to use, please share them with us!

And if you're not on the beta yet, don't worry, there's still time to join! Here's a post with the instructions.

Thank you!

5. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi,

Just dropped by to say that this game is a blast! Don't be fooled by the simple rules, there is some really deep game play in here. Easily my GOTY so far. Keep your eyes open for the release, or even better come join the beta and try it out in advance!

//Pedroapan

6. paul-spacebears

Kindo Release

Hi guys!

We went dark for a while, but I'm back with exciting news :p

Kindo will be released as a universal iOS app on May 7! That's next week!!
    Can you believe how close we are now?! :eek:

Here's the launch trailer:

It also means that the Sandbox days are over! I'm looking forward to playing against you with real Game Center accounts :)

We obviously can't wait to hear what everybody thinks about the game.

Thanks,
    Paul

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Can't wait to finally play with proper GC account!!!

Awesome trailer btw.

8. Pedroapan

Aug 25, 2010
    Yesss!

Great news! And finally time to say hello to my old GC-friends again, I didn't die, I did Kindo!

Good luck with the release!

//Pedroapan

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Out Worldwide and if possible even better than the beta!!!
    Finally seeing GC avatars and being able to play with my proper GC list of friends is too cool!!!!

10. paul-spacebears

Kindo worldwide release on iOS

Hi there!

That's right! It's been a long time coming, but we finally released the game! :)
    You can download it on the App Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/kindo/id963680485?ls=1&mt=8

The first ever review of Kindo was published yesterday on The Independent, the British newspaper, and the game was rated 5 stars out of 5!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/kindo-ios-review-a-game-for-tactical-immersion-10228964.html

If you want to dig deeper in the tactics of Kindo, here's a selection of interesting games played during the beta: http://blog.spacebears.fr/post/114400471232/a-selection-of-great-kindo-replays

We're looking forward to knowing what you think about the game, so feel free to rate the game and write a review on the App Store, send us an email or a tweet! :)

Thank you for your interest, and see you in the game!

Paul & Max

11. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    Super exciting! I purchased the game last night and have been playing around with it (and loosing a lot) throughout the day. There are two things that may hinder the staying power of this game for me:

1) I would love to see some statistics for my matches. One of the reasons I come back again and again to Catchup is because it tells me how many games I've won/lost, percentages, "Catchup" moves played, and TONS of other stats. Having stats in your game would be awesome, such as: Number of cutoffs, largest cutoff amount, and of course wins/losses.

2) I would really like a finish turn button. Catchup also has this. I get really frustrated when I am trying to swipe and build a fortification in Kindo and end up placing it the wrong direction or I accidentally place another tile. Also, I think it helps with planning. I know that I can imagine what my opponent would do before it place my tile, but it would be great to put my tile down and look at the board and consider my opponents turn before I move. I hope that makes sense. I think this would also help with slowing down the game and encouraging players to take time to think about there moves.

I really do like the game and have been following the development for quite some time. You have done a fantastic job with the AI and the aesthetic of the game. Just my two cents on the things to be improved. Thanks again for all your hard work!

- greenleaf

p.s. - Maybe someone should make a new forum now that the game is out.

12. paul-spacebears

Hi greenleaf,

Thanks for taking the time to give us some great feedback!

1- We'd love to include more stats! Having a ELO ranking was obviously the priority, but we agree that we have a lot of room here for improvement and we might start working on it after the first "bug fixes" update. Stay tuned.

2- This one is trickier. We actually like the immediacy of the game, the fact that you can open a game, play your turn and leave without having anything else to tap or validate. But I understand the need. I sometimes wish I could have pressed an Undo button to change my play!
    We could probably allow both methods and put a toggle in the Settings, but then it would be twice as many things to design, develop and debug. We'll see what we can do on this.

By the way, the new thread is over there: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=261159

Cheers!