Universal Supermagical (by Gala Pocket)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheFrost, Jun 22, 2012.

1. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It's not like that. In Tetris you can play the entire game right from the beginning, you don't have to do anything to unlock it. In this game you do. I'm not complaining about it myself, but it is different.

2. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I know it is different. But in this game, the meat of the gameplay is matching stuff, sure, there are variations, but that's it. All I mean is it does not matter if you go to the next level or replay the one you are at the moment, that's the game, matching stuff until it ends.

3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    all-in-one hat

I'm not sold on the hard barriers imposed by the game (pay to move forward) but the thing I totally hate is that hats are mutually exclusive. WTH? I work an hour to get the money I need then I find out the harsh way that I can't both get lots of money AND gather them automatically ??? This has to be the silliest design decision ever. I fully expected hat abilities to stack; after all, they're not even that great (the Robin Hood hat doesn't help where it matters, on rebounds, the Gold hat barely brings 33% more money, etc)

4. Jennyville

Jennyville Member

Aug 24, 2012
    So, I'm enjoying the game but I have a question.
    Probably stupid- what is "unused soda"?

5. Jennyville

Jennyville Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Never mind, I was still on the first few stages before the soda is introduced into the game. My bad.

6. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I'm on the fence with this one. The graphics look great though...

7. ohyesuare

ohyesuare Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    #167 ohyesuare, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Grinding and IAP not an issue at all so far, I just went back to the stages I had one or two stars in to try and get three and had the money for the tiger in no time.

This game is way too polished and long for a 99c game, I would say it is subsidized already if you do intend to purchase any IAP.

8. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Subsidized by whom?

9. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Thanks for your kind words! Really appreciated.

About the icon suggestion, you haven't been actually the only one telling me that. Maybe we'll change it on the next big update.

Thanks all!

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Guess he meant the game is polished enough that spending some IAP won't feel bad since it looks like a 5 dollar game to me at least.

That's why I didn't mind getting 10k coins to progress (buy the tiger) although I really don't like these barriers since I already paid money to be able to play the game. Only bought the IAP because the game is AAA quality IMHO, but I do dislike having to repeat levels a lot to get items I want like hats, earlier pets and stuff.

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game is gold !!!
    So much fun, I haven't spent a dime on IAP yet but I think I will just to support the devs.
    This game is crazy polished, looks really good and lots of details. This pushes the puzzle genre to the forefront again.
    To all those complaining about "redoing levels" - IT'S A BUBBLE SHOOTER.. Just play and have fun! Seriously, I don't understand the complaints. The puzzle genre is all about quick matches with fun mechanics. Use the time to hone your aim, or replay a level to get 3 stars.

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It could be a great game at a bargain price but I don't see what that has to do with being subsidized. It's only subsidized if someone subsidizes it.

13. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Mine keeps crashing after the tutorial where it tries to mix something up both on the iPad and iPhone. I'm on iOS6 BEta 4. :(

14. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Yup, unfortunately we do not support yet iOS 6 Betas. We'll take a look into it, but I've been told by our Programmers the problem is part of the firmware, so it might just get fixed by itself on the next beta.

@KeKhan: Thanks a lot, man. It really means a lot for us to hear nice words about our game.

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Just picked up the game...whoa...a new crispness standard for sure (iPad 3).
    Seems really really nice, can't wait to play more.
    One thing I really would like tough is iCloud support...do you plan to add it? Any time frame? This game screams for it.
    Thanks!

16. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Sure!

As soon as we are done with the next update including the Coop Multiplayer Mode, we'll study the case of adding iCloud. It's on the list, no worries.

Glad you like the game!

17. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I agree with you, it was a bad word choice, just wanted to tell you what I understood from it.

IMHO the drop rate is too little like freemium games, even worse than some of them. Still think it's an incredible game, just got a lil disappointed in that regard, I don't like replaying levels on a paid game on the first playthrough, random or not, and I'll have to do that if I want to upgrade a warlock, get a hat or another pet and I already paid for the tiger in the IAP.

18. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    you are right, how can people say this game needs grinding.
    replay levels of the game is part of gameplay.
    Can someone say COD is grinding due to we play speical ops mode and favourite mission again and again, and we do the multiplayer mode in the same maps everyday.
    and the whole Dynasty Warriors is much more repetitive than this game, but we earns some reward after each battle. Just like this game, we earn coins through play or replay levels.

19. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Drop rate is ok, that how they prolong the gameplay, FF3 is super repetitive compared with this and Shantae the Revenge is another repetitive game. people need to stop prejudice on IOS oriented games.

20. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I disagree, because this is not a RPG. This is a puzzle with items. So, like Angry Birds, many people like me want to progress through the levels even with one star and later come back to perfect the scores and get more items. Having to buy the tiger to unlock content for example is something that shouldn't be in a paid game no matter if it's 0.99 or 9.99. I'm okay not being able to buy a lot of stuff as long as I can progress, but I also dislike the popups 'hey buy the turtle to help' since it'll be some time until I buy it unless I decide not to get spell components, warlock upgrades and hats. The drop rate seems lowish to me, I don't play this game for hours at a time like a RPG.

And there are plenty of games I didn't have to replay levels to get to the end like Dungeon Hunter 2. Puzzle Quest is a better example since it's a RPG-ish puzzle.