Universal FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 31, 2017.

1. dennislamcv

dennislamcv Active Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Malaysia
    Yes as you progress in story, Mog will sell new items and costumes

2. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guys I tried hard to really like this one but after 10 hours of boring story and same run wave 1, wave 2 etc. I'm seriously bored. I'm going back to FF9 or the first FFD or any of the classic ones.

Not trying to be a downer but is anyone else feeling what I'm feeling???

Now on the plus side if you want a quick premium arcade style final fantasy this game is awesome. I just prefer the old school I guess with the overworld etc.

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I actually really like the pick up and play aspect of it. Great for short bursts on the bus. And the story's picking up so I'm actually invested in it now. But I can see it's not for everyone.

4. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Either way I won't ask for a refund want to support Enid in releasing more premium.

Will play this periodically but as of 10 hours in I'm finding the story boring...

I hope FF15 pocket edition delivers - and by fluke I pray we one day get Dragon Quest 7

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015

Honestly I dont, but thats because I pick it up in very short bursts, I play only 15-20 mins at a time and like once per day, I like the fact I can pick it up easily when im waiting somewhere or something.

As for your DQ VII mention, I really hope you guys get it too, I have it on my 3DS and its an amazing game ! Playing it at this very moment im about 40 hours in and im still hooked #

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #146 curtisrshideler, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    I’m still very early on despite being 3 hours in. And I’ve come to a sub quest called Even Dust Piles Up. I’ve beaten in twice, but it still says New and I’ve never received the rewards! Has anyone else experienced this? And any advice on how to accomplish it? I guess I’ll try to advance the story more and try it again. But if it’s opened up, it should allow me to complete it.

EDIT: that fixed it. Advanced the story one cutscene and it allowed me to complete the sub quest. Weird. Ahhhhhhh... might be a certain number of things needed to be acquired or defeated. Gotta read the fine print in quests I guess.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Also can Square-Enix update their apps so they don’t allow the phone to go to sleep while the app is running even if auto-lock is enabled? I’d rather not have to toggle the auto-lock off for their games then back on again. Maybe I’ll just up the time I guess. I often set this one down for auto battles and pick it up a minute or two later.

8. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Maybe just need to scale back to actually enjoy this. Thanks Milotourou I hope we get DQ 7 as well

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Update I'm 16 hours in I took everyone advice playing this during my busy time aka a break at work, commuting etc.

This game is getting better in smaller intervals. Good for an 1 hour - 2 tops a day

10. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
  11. Abdulhaqq

Abdulhaqq Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Every evolution counts as a seperat ability

12. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    damn. thanks. whats the best way to grind evolution stones?

13. jasonlitka

jasonlitka Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Does this run full screen on the iPhone X?

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    No, it is not optimized for the iPhone X screen’s aspect ratio. It displays full on the normal iPhone aspect ratio. I sure hope the FFXVPE app will be optimized for every iPhone/iPad.

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Limited-time sale : 33% off until 5/26 :)

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa, it says it's because of a collaboration with Record Keeper! I wonder if it is coming soon to the NA version, or if this is a collaboration with the Japanese version only right now. I love that they are acknowledging this game in Record Keeper.

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, when it comes to it, it might be positive. ;)

18. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS II (By SQUARE ENIX)

This game is really Great. Playtime is over 30 hours. :p

[​IMG]

Now if this is on price, it's a good opportunity to catch it. ;)

To briefly comment on this game,

- Balance : As a result it is not good.
    It is easier to defeat the last boss than the middle boss.

- Sound : It's the best.
    The battle BGM is also different by age, and it is a feeling of revitalizing the battle. Especially boss battle.

- Combat : Easy control and User-friendly interface.
    Especially, you can play games conveniently with double speed auto function.
    This feature is good because the last action is taken continuously.

- Story : It goes well with 'dimension(legend)'.

[​IMG]

deresi likes this.
  19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Record Keeper is indeed having a little event for FFD2. It's been fun. Got them all and a few of their weapons/gear. But anyway, I also recommend picking this one up if you enjoy turn-based battles, Final Fantasy as a whole, or some awesome music. I finally tracked down the 40 song album. There's also a 5 song album on iTunes in Japan. I picked that one up! But since they haven't released the 40 song album or the bonus album, here's the link to the first:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsHA74V3bmZ5CQQ0VeTQEPYlvZOwbT-Kk

I downloaded each as an mp3 and put it in my music library. Now I can finally listen to the soundtrack without just listening to a let's play!

deresi likes this.
  20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    The big sale season of Square Enix is back. Final Fantasy series is currently being temporarily discounted. In particular, Dimensions II has the largest discount rate ever recorded. If you are interested, take this opportunity. ;)

deresi likes this.