Upcoming game: Test Launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by elliottAPPS, Sep 17, 2011.

1. elliottAPPS

elliottAPPS Active Member

Sep 17, 2011
    #1 elliottAPPS, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
    So this is my first posting on touchArcade and its a biggie. Im setting up to release my new game "Test Launch" on September 24, 2011 so I wanted to get the word out and let everyone here get a sneak peek at this one of a kind game.

Test Launch uses a touch and drag interface like Angry Birds to aim and fuel up a rocket. The user then releases to launch the rocket in an attempt to collect all the stars located on the level. There are two unique features tho in Test Launch:

1. After you launch the rocket you have the ability to steer by tapping either the left half of the screen(to turn left) or the right half of the screen(to turn right).

2. You have to avoid the trail created by the rocket. This means that if youre on your third shot you'll have the trails of the first 2 shots still on the screen to avoid. This creates a very challenging situation.

Test Launch Features:

- 3 worlds all with unique themes
    - World 1 is a standard world with some stationary obstacles
    - World 2 is underwater and has currents that cause your rocket to move with them
    - World 3 is in space and you have to control your rocket while trying to escape the gravitational pull of the surrounding planets.

- 20 levels per world

I've attached a promo video, please take a look and let me know what you think!

Thank you,
    elliottAPPS

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I think this is a great feature - but it's a bit unclear in the video. If your trail is only the dots, do you have to avoid the dots themselves or the line they form?

3. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Sorry for the confusion. The trail is created as a series of dots and in the underwater levels, bubbles. You have to avoid just the dots. So you can go in between them. It makes the game much more challenging :) ..Also the distance between the dots and the speed of your rocket are relative to the fuel (meter in the top left hand side) therefore the faster you go the bigger the gap between the dots. This game is all about strategy :).

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Oh, that sounds even better than I expected, well done!

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide the launch date? Typically releases are on Wednesday/Thursday.

5. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Thank you :)

And about the launch date I thought Saturday might be a good day to release it ..not sure why mind you. Do you think Wednesday the 28th might be better?

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Nooo, I wanna play it now! :p

The thing is, I can't tell you when to release it - I don't know the exact relationship between releases and purchase rates. What I do know, though, is that TouchArcade experiences a bit of a surge in users on Wednesday night / Thursday morning and the releases for the week are spotlighted on the front page.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend 28th - Shadowgun (a huge release) is coming out then and you will miss out on the one-game-at-a-time crowd. 22nd, if you can make it, might be better, but that's just a suggestion.

7. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Thats a good point, however I doubt it'll be through Apple's review process by the 22nd. I might have to see if I could get it expedited. Thanks for the info!

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks so great :D

9. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    awesome! thanks!

10. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Scoring

100pts per "dot" on the screen so the longer your trail the more points

2000pts per star collected

10000pts per remaining launch

I'm really looking forward to this launch and I hope everyone here at touchArcade is too! Please don't forget to check out the video!

Also if you have any comments or questions or anything to say really please post on this forum or send me a PM!

Thanks,
    elliottAPPS

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm looking forward to it too! :D

Have you decided on a release date yet?

12. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    It all depends on whether Apple decides to accept my expedited review request. If it does get accepted I'm going to try and release either Wednesday or Thursday depending on when it's approved. However, if they don't accept it then I'm probably going to have to stick with my original date of the 24th unless by some miracle it gets through before then.

13. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Well whenever you do release it, there'll be a thread here on TouchArcade for it. ;)

14. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Awesome :)

Thanks for all the support Echoseven!

15. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Hey just an update on the release date.

I didn't end up getting approved for and expedited review so unless a miracle happens it looks like I'll be releasing Test Launch the 24th as previously planned.

16. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Some screenshots from Test Launch! Coming September 24th to the Appstore!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Well I'm excited. Anyone else excited?

18. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    Test Launch just went into review. We might get a September 22nd release after all!!

19. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011
    UPDATE

Test Launch has been approved and will be available tomorrow!

I will post a thread in the new games column as soon as it's live!

Thanks to everyone who has watched the video and I hope youre as excited as I am!

elliottAPPS

20. elliottAPPS

Sep 17, 2011