Who is your favourite developer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sambobsung, May 3, 2013.

1. redpanda33

redpanda33 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Decatur GA
    I will buy instantly from:

Crescent Moon
    Pik Pok
    Kemco
    Touch Foo
    Firi Games

These have made some of my favorites but have let me down enough that they lost instabuy status:

Square Enix
    Gameloft
    Frontier Developments (that roller coaster sim lost me, but Lostwinds 1&2 are all time favorites)

2. Vector

Vector Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    California
    Foursaken Media
    Chair
    Chillingo

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm pretty sure they're a pure publisher and haven't developed any games.

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    People have already mentioned all my faves, but Kiloo so far stands out as the one developer whose games I enjoy more universally than others.

Crescent Moon is another where I am hard-pressed to think of a game of theirs I didn't like.:)

Foursaken is, well, Foursaken.;)

Halfbrick makes great stuff, and my personal interactions with them really elevate their overall vibe for me.

That said, I would second the previously posted comment regarding developers active in the forum. It's hard not to appreciate the folks who take the time to interact with the players, especially considering how trying those interactions can sometimes be...

DBC

5. My favourite developers (that I can think of right now) are:
    Foursaken
    Kairosoft
    Pik Pok
    Nimblebit
    Halfbrick
    Firemint
    Crescent Moon

6. There's five of them lol

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Nope, then they would be fivesaken media, which is kind of a crappy name so they're lucky their parents stopped at four.

8. Hans Laffinity

May 7, 2013
    I like many devs but my fav is BeaverTap Games

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Bitmap Bros

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Halfbrick (FRUIT NINJA!!!!)

Nimblebit (Tiny Tower...)

Pikpok (Into The Dead...)

Rocketcat (Mage Gauntlet...)

Mountain Sheep (Minigore...)

Gamelion (Monster Shooter...)

5th Cell (SCRIBBLENAUTS!!!!)

ChAIR (INFINITY BLADE!!!!)

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Too many to name, but a few excellent ones that have been forgotten

Little White Bear Studios (TanZen, Compression)
    Illusion Labs (Labyrinth 2, Mr. Crab, Blast Away)
    Kieffer Brothers (Abca, Aqueduct, EnsoDot, etc)
    10 Tons Ltd - Azkend
    Meridian - Alive 4 Ever, Abigale
    Kris Pixton (PathPix)

I agree that HalfBrick, Crescent Moon, and Imangi are also really excellent.

12. SCZ77

SCZ77 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    C.R.
    #52 SCZ77, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    FDG Entertainment
    Big Fish Games
    G5 Entertainment
    Donut Games
    Halfbrick Studios
    Rovio Entertainment
    MumboJumbo
    Gameloft (- freemium)
    Electronics Arts (- freemium)
    Square Enix
    Kieffer Bros.
    Sega
    ZeptoLab UK Limited
    PopCap
    Crescent Moon Games
    Polarbit
    Rockstar Games
    10tons Ltd
    Namco
    Taito Corporation
    Capcom
    Ravenous Games
    OOO Gameprom
    Miniclip
    Full Fat

13. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I have many developers who have games I love, but as for favorite developers (i.e. Devs who frequently update there games and care about there fans) I'll create a short list below, in no particular order.

Zack Banack - (Jtpck and Alcatrapz) He's managed to develop two awesome iOS games before he even turned seventeen. It makes me feel like I've wasted so much of my life, lol :) Both of these games are really hardcore and every game he creates is polished and creative.

Limbic Software - (TowerMadness, Nuts!, Zombie Gunship, etc....) Arash, one of the devs behind Limbic actually has a (almost) weekly podcast called "Walled Garden Weekly." I was obsessed to all there games before I even heard about the podcast though. It's insane, but before I started playing a wide variety of iOS games as a hobby I played Nuts! for around 70 hours I think. It scares me how much time I've wasted in such a simple game.

Auxbrain Inc. - (Zombie Highway) Kevin (co-host on "Walled Garden Weekly.") is very concerned with giving players the best experiance possible. I've gotten almost all platinum medals on ZH and I'm anxiously waiting for his next two games to drop. Also, the fact we share the same first name might have something to do with him being one of my favorite devs.

Halfbrick - (Jetpack Joyride) I know they've created many other games, yet JJ basically spawned a whole new genre. What's not to love, it will forever be a classic iOS game!

4Play Studio - (Ninja In Barrel) There first game is one of the most advanced and well thought out puzzle games I've ever played. The reason they're on my favorite dev list though, is because of the overwhelming amount of kindness and gratitude they've shown me. I was even inspired to create some tutorial videos on YouTube for there game.

AidemMedia - (City of Secrets 2) The funniest iOS game ever, and the most I've ever felt connected to virtual characters in an iOS game.

Imangi Studios - (Temple Run, duh :rolleyes: ) They inspired a generation of endless runners. 'nuff said.

Get Set Games - (Mega Jump, Mega Run) Mega Jump is one started and fueled my passion for mobile gaming. I also had some very good conversations with Nick (one of the devs) regarding Mega Run, and he took everyone's suggestions on TA very seriously.

Butterscotch Shenanigans - (Towelfight 2) The funniest developers ever! They also make great and innovative games.

... OK, I guess it's time to stop now. I could go on forever, but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. The above devs have given me countless hours of fun and give so much to the iOS gaming community. I will always insta-buy any game that one of the developers above creates. :)

14. Kamil_GoodnightGames

Kamil_GoodnightGames Well-Known Member

May 6, 2013
    New Jersey
    thanks for these lists..i might check out some of these companies' games.

15. Not sure if anyone has mentioned these guys yet, but I gotta give a shout out to Craneballs.

They make some addicting and high quality games, and they're active in their forums and make really good updates, sometimes content updates, sometimes responses to complaints.

16. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    A true shooter fan.

Yeah, Luke @ Radian, Sunny @ Doragon, El @ Firi, John with Plasma Sky...

I wish Raptisoft (John) and Mika Mobile (I think his name is Noah) were around more.

The guys from Mountain Sheep in the Minigore 2 thread.

Props to Alex @ Game Whizzes for all the responses in the Fangz thread, even though he and I didn't always see eye to eye ;)

17. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Llamasoft (alias Jeff Minter).

18. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Btw how could I forget silver tree media..Every game they made has high quality and polish..For me cordy 2 is the best action platformer on the AppStore..A masterpiece..