Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-02-2013, 08:42 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default C.0.ntact scifi rpg (WIP)

Hey everyone at t.a. My name is zack and I have been surprised at the lack of good sci-fi RPGs on the AppStore and in general across the market... So I decided to put my coding knowledge to use and started with this project... Contact is a sci-fi fps rpg(wow what an acronym mouth @$&/) the story will revolve around mark kilmath... A fourth generation colonist and a member of the 412 marine division... In this game humanity has found a way to harness the dark matter that is space and use it to create warp fields so they have sent colonial ships to every nearby solar system... This ship was sent to the Triangulum galaxy and come across a derelict ship only operated by an unknown ai the ai invades kilmaths mind and unlocks a portion of his brain that we never use this allows him to communicate with the aliens and the only hope of avoiding a first contact war that would have devastating repercussions to all raves involved... Let me know what you think... All comments are welcomed and I appreciate all advise... And yes I know my spelling is awful lol

Here's a quick little video I threw together...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Zdgames; 04-13-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Woooa is this real??
If it is, it looks awesome
Old 04-02-2013, 10:48 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Video looks impressive, i would get a friend/colleague to spell check a future release though as it'll be a shame if those great graphics were let down by typos etc
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Looks neat, I can never have to many FPS RPGs. Is it still in alpha? What would be the estimated release date, if you want to put it tell us.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 AM

This would be impressive if you had created the assets for this game yourself. This appears to be using a sci-fi modular construction kit available on the asset store, and one of the enemies is the mine bot from the Angry Bots demo which comes with Unity3d (make sure you remove this before you ship, as those assets are not usable for commercial products.)
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Embedding video...

Youtube link | Pop Up
Quote:
Originally Posted by invulse View Post
This would be impressive if you had created the assets for this game yourself...
It's not uncommon for early development builds to have temporary art placeholders for eventual graphics to be developed later. I'm feeling optimistic and am going to assume that's the case here but sometimes it's hard to tell how seriously to take early pre-release projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdgames View Post
...I have been supprised at the lack of good scifi RPGs on the AppStore and in general across the market... a scifi fps rpg...
I agree that App Store needs more Sci-Fi RPGs but most first person shooter (semi) role playing games on iOS are sci-fi based (Mission Europa, Star Warefare: Black Dawn, N.O.V.A.s, Infinity Project, Doom RPG, etc etc). I would be more curious to see a science fiction turn based japanese style role playing game.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-02-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^That.

This looks good though.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Amazing graphics if it all translates properly to my iPhone. Also looks very creative! Can we get some more information such as yourself and your development team? Also some information on whether or not this is Pre-Alpha footage and the games development state.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Whoa. How long has this been in development?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Whoa. How long has this been in development?
I've been developing for about three months and as for the art a lot of what you are seeing is placeholders i am all alone in the coding and development part so it is just there for now... Touch controls have yet to be implemented but I have a plug in for that in unity so it should be quick... Sorry about the spelling I know but I put that up after about 2 mins of work...I'm glad there are others that want a game like this I put a good four hours into it everyday... I've completely reworked the camera and added 3 new weapons an smg a revolver and a pistol also follower system is complete... I will have a video up in the next couple of days...

Last edited by Zdgames; 04-12-2013 at 05:47 PM..