Legends of Elendria: The Frozen Maiden - Upcoming tower defense / RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kyy Games, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyy Games

Kyy Games Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #1 Kyy Games, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    We at Kyy Games are proud to announce our first title, an upcoming tower defense game called
    Legends of Elendria: The Frozen Maiden!

[​IMG]

Legends of Elendria: The Frozen Maiden blends tower defense with classic roleplaying elements. The epic story unfolds as you progress through different areas, while building your character by taking your pick from many different spells and abilities.

Features include:
    - 4 different towers with unique upgrades
    - 14 different enemy types
    - Customizable skill tree to boost towers and unlock new spells
    - Vast world map with locations ranging from King Argos' castle to the icy caves of the Dark Elves
    - A thrilling story to complete the role-playing experience

[​IMG]

We are still working on the finishing touches, but a few more screenshots can be found from our website.

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    All the way in may huh?

3. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    We are currently working on other projects as well, that's why the late release date :)

4. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    #4 NBM05, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Sounds cool.

I've wanted a TD with a good story/RPG framework to it for a long time.

Towers of War looked really cool in terms of story and gameplay, but who knows what happened with that. I think the initial "coming soon" announcement was almost a year ago, and we've heard almost nothing since (although a few months ago the developer did claim it was still "coming soon." We'll see.) Defender Chronicles was nice, but the "story" was pretty much non-existent and didn't drive the game at all, and I also don't like RPG's where you just play the same section over and over and over again to get more powerful so that eventually nothing is a challenge. I prefer where you have one chance through the story and how you build up your character in that one playthrough is how they are built up when you get to the end. If you can't win, then that means start over and try something different.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this. Hope it turns out well with nice towers, interesting enemies, and a good story/RPG framework that ties it all together.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    definitely will be keeping an eye out for this one

6. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    looks good

7. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    These guys on the drawing look like they're thinking 'boobies!'
    Well that's just my opinion. The game itself look cool :)

8. ZiiN

ZiiN Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Professional Trollbait
    Mordor (I simply walked in!)
    #8 ZiiN, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
    I'm always a fan of tower defense games. With rpg elements? Now that's just plain awesome. Will this be anything along the lines of the Gemcraft: Tower Defense series?

9. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    #9 Kyy Games, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
    Thanks for all the replies!

Gemcraft has been a great source of inspiration for our team, it's one of our favorites! We felt that even with so many great TDs released on iPhone, one with a driving story and interesting characters was still missing.

For NBM05, in Legends of Elendria: The Frozen Maiden the player is always free to reset all skill points, so when a level feels too hard, you can always try new combinations and not just play again with the same setup. Also you can only get a certain amount of experience points from one level, so the player has to advance in the story, grinding one level over and over wont make the character invincible.

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

"4 tower types" will definitely put many people off.
    The little amount of tower types is substandard.

11. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    We have 4 basic tower types, but each one has different upgrades. Upgrading doesn't mean only making the tower better, but rather selecting from a few different specializations. For example the turret in its basic form does damage to one target, but can be upgraded to either dealing a bit less damage but to multiple targets, or to have a larger range but slower shooting speed.

12. Kyy Games

Feb 19, 2010
    Our official press release is out! Also some new screenshots and concept art can be found on our website http://www.kyygames.com/

Here's a pic of our main character:
    [​IMG]

13. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    Keep on working and We are waiting. Post more information when available. :D

14. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    i see the iphone version is out, any word on an ipad version? your original press release on your site mentions an ipad version...

would prefer to grab the ipad version.