petition for Syndicate port to iPhone

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by antosimoni, Feb 26, 2010.

1. antosimoni

antosimoni Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    some1 recalss the great Syndicate game by Bullfrog ?? I think its one of the greatest games ever with infinite hours of fun playing, I think a port to iPhone will be sooo good, what do ya think guys ???

2. Dtale

Dtale Active Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Signed! I love that game!

3. antosimoni

Aug 23, 2009
    c'mon.. no one else?? this is a must have!!

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I remember playing it many years ago. Good game but they would have to create the art from scratch to fit the idevice. If done well it could be an excellent game.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Loved Syndicate as a kid. Last I remember, EA was planning a remake for current gen consoles. I don't think anything ever came out, and I don't know if it's still in the works. But if EA still holds the license to Syndicate, and they indeed make a new version, I'd say it's very possible they'd release an iPhone version as well. Although it would also probably be a remake, which may or may not be good. I'd kill for the original though.

6. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    Interestingly, Glenn Corpes (Ground Effect) and Sean Cooper (Boxhead) both worked on the original Syndicate game & Glenn also worked on the later Syndicate Wars. I'm sure that they'd both be really happy to see it ported to the iDevice. :)

7. antosimoni

Aug 23, 2009
    so we will ask ;-)
    thanks for the info

8. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I want Theme Hospital for the iphone more :p

9. GlennX

GlennX Well-Known Member

May 10, 2009
    UK
    Andrew Cakebread, who wrote the Graphic Engine and more for Theme Hospital is the man behind TileStorm: TA Tilestorm thread

10. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    If a thread on a forum were enough to get an old game ported, and we were looking for something from Electronic Arts, I'd prefer to get some Wing Commander love on the iPhone. It would work really well with tilty touchscreen controls.

If you want to play Syndicate, you can do so on the PSP -- they have the Genesis version of the game on the EA Replay disc, and you can download the UK version of the PS1 game Syndicate Wars. We'll probably get Syndicate Wars in the USA soon since we've received WC4, Magic Carpet, Hi Octane, and Populous recently.

Maybe if the freeware homage is ever finished, someone could port that to iPhone.

11. johnny82

johnny82 Member

May 25, 2009
    I would love to see that game come to the iPhone. I loved it on the Amiga.

12. trauma_j

trauma_j New Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Syndicate would be amazing!

Syndicate was one of my all time favorites on the PC. I loved the original and Sndicate Wars! A remake or a port would be awesome! As would Canon Fodder!! and Lemmings....and harrier attack from the Amstrad cpc464...

But yea! Syndicate! excellent game!

13. Luke Kellett

Luke Kellett Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Indie iPhone Game Developer
    Melbourne, Australia
    Pen me down for this one!!

P.S. perhaps you should make this a poll? So Bullfrog or prospective publishers/developers can put some numbers to this rather than trying to read the whole thread.

14. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    Me too, love syndicate. I would love to see little big adventure and dungeon keeper on the iPad too. Oh and dark omen :)