HUNTERS: Episode One - PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi all,

Everyone loves a preview!
    We here at Rodeo Games wanted to give you guys a sneak peak of our upcoming game HUNTERS: Episode One.
    Designed from the ground up for the iPhone and iPad, HUNTERS is a turn based strategy game.

[​IMG]

HUNTERS: Episode One, is in review with Apple and will be hitting the App Store very soon.

Rodeo Games is a team of four friends hailing from EA, Codemasters, Criterion and Lionhead.
    We decided to strike out on our own and create games for gamers, solely for iOS devices.

For more info, visit us at www.rodeogames.co.uk

[​IMG]

2. pablo6630

pablo6630 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    hope this will be good game...who will be enemy? Zombies?:D

3. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

looks pretty fun! cant wait for more info :)

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Can you give us gameplay footage please?

5. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Well the teaser trailer did what it's meant to do. :p

6. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Glad you guys like it. We'll be throwing out more info (including a gameplay trailer) over the next few days, so stay tuned.

For any immediate questions that simply can't wait, feel free to ask them here!

7. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    #7 mr.Ugly, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    the teaser was a bit cheesy with the ipone.. but the screenshots look gorgoues..

this is jagged alliance in space? so its like incubation? say yes!

the "episode" subtitles rings a few alarm bells.. so

- how long/short is the first episode?
    - whats the release price?
    - will there be an ipad version? (you show an ipad on the website)
    - will it be universal?
    - how will the other episodes be distributed? IAP? seperate apps?

:)

8. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    lol all i know its a tbs more info

9. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    There's more info on their web site, including a very brief clip of gameplay in the trailer video (not the teaser). One thing I noticed in the feature list is that it seems you get contracts every day (real time) and you have to complete them within 24 hours of real time. For a TBS game on a mobile platform, that seems...risky I think. TBS games aren't meant to be rushed to begin with, and those who play on mobile devices usually only play for bits at a time. Maybe if the contracts are really short, and only take like 20 min. to play, that would work, but how complex/strategic could they be then if they only take that amount of time?

Graphics do look good, and the team members seem to have strong game dev backgrounds.

Site said the game is in review now, so I guess we'll see.

10. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Thanks for the questions! Ok, let's get into it.

We're all fans of XCOM, Jagged Alliance, Incubation, Syndicate, (I could go on). So, yes, certain elements from all those games have inspired our design.

HUNTERS: Episode One is the full game we've created. We intend to support Episode One with updates and content for quite a while. Episode Two will be a sequel, but we are literally in the "throwing ideas around" stage for that!

HUNTERS: Episode One will be a free download giving you full access to the daily missions. We do need to make a living though, so players will need to unlock the full game if they want to level their characters past lvl2. This will cost £2.99 / $4.99 / €3.99

We are releasing simultaneously on the iPhone, iPad and iPod. We also support the iPhone4 retina screen right out of the box!

We shall be releasing an actual gameplay walkthrough very soon, for now though........

11. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Looks really cool, when are you planning to submit to apple? The teaser says February 2011 and it's already the 14th, so only two more weeks....

12. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Thanks Mr Ice! We submitted to Apple last week. You'll be seeing it in the App Store within the next week.

13. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Game looks really good. You should start promotion now before the game comes out. Will await full gameplay video.

Will you ever make a action or adventure game with this engine, like Dungeon Hunter 2 or iDracula?

14. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!

@Arta, we have a whole load of games that we want to make. I'm sure we'll continue to build on our engine for future titles.

Finished filming our gameplay walkthrough video today. Watch out for it on Thursday / Friday!

15. ChuckMe

ChuckMe Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Australia
    So any chance we will see this on Thursday??? Looks awesome :)

16. ShephardForKing

ShephardForKing New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Cool. This looks amazing!
    I've been waiting for a game like this for a while. It reminds me of playing tabletop games when I was a kid. :):):)

Did you play anything like that when you were making your game?

17. smuttlegiaco

smuttlegiaco Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Game Designer
    Germany
    looks good to me. i will definitly check this game out! :)

18. RodeoBenjamin

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Guildford
    Would that be Commander Shepard For King? Just finished Mass Effect 2. Literally one of the best game experiences I've ever had!

Down to business then. We're all huge gamers at Rodeo Games. We regularly hold board game nights in our offices, BattleStar Galactica and Space Hulk being the favourites at the moment.

All of us grew up and were involved with tabletop stuff like Games Workshop. Personally I had a fairly sizeable Chaos Warhammer Army, and Wood Elf Blood Bowl team.

I guess everything we play influences our work to a degree. It would be impossible not to! However, we designed HUNTERS to be the game we always wanted to play.

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Cool bio. You guys should do well in the Appstore.

Can you tell us more about how the game works? Gameplay video? Have you started contacting review sites yet?

20. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Oh yes. This looks like something I need.