Universal Terraria - (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Bantocks

Bantocks Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2013
    I'm thinking of picking this up.

I heard the controls were a bit squiffy when it originally came out so I avoided it.

I'd be playing this on an iphone. Are the controls still off or have they been improved via an update?

2. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    They're alright. They aren't terrible. But, they are touchscreen controls, so saying they aren't terrible is like saying watching a 2D black and white movie at 15 frames per second that should be in 3D, colour and 24 frames per second isn't *that* frustrating.

Put it this way, I bought it on iPad and spent an hour with it. I bought it on Vita and spent weeks with it.

3. Bantocks

Jul 14, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. Might hold off if the controls are still bad.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Hardmode update was supposed to come out tonight, but it looks like they found a bug at the last second that needed fixing.

There's some screenshots here!

I've played the beta and the controls are still pretty stiff, unfortunately. Definitely lacking a lot of precision versus the PC version. :(

5. Bantocks

Jul 14, 2013
    I caved in and bought the game in the end.

Controls are a bit fiddly at the start but I think I'm used to them now.

Enjoying multiplayer. This seems to be well implemented and it was fairly easy to set up a game.

Played about 4 hours so far. Not sure what's different from this and the PC version. My son says there are differences but I'm struggling to spot any.

6. Brainstormer

Brainstormer New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Since the update for PC came out with new Dungeons, Mineral Ores and Enemys, I am waiting for it at the mobile application. Will there be an update on iOS with this new "PC-Game-Features"?

7. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    Hard mode update submitted today free of bugs, according to the official blog.

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Read the latest news about ios terraria.Hint hint-it is about something "hard". :)

9. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Having never played the PC version, I didn't have anything to compare the controls to when I started playing on my iPad. As a result, I just sort of got pretty good with them. In fact, I am terrible at the PC version because I'm used to the ipad controls. One thing that makes the ios version MUCH easier is the fact that you don't need torches when you dig as there always seems to be some ambient light. Anyway, it's my preferred platform for Terraria, controls and all so don't hold off because you are afraid it's broken.

10. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    I've tested it on iPad mini. Smooth as allways. I was expecting bigger worlds... But I guess I'll have to wait. The new aiming system works surprisingly good.

11. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #1111 Pipipitchu, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    The update is available! Hard mode is here! :D

Oh wait! After I defeated Wall of Flesh in the old version I didn't receive the Pwnhammer. Do I have to defeat it again? :(

12. TheNoobOfTheCentury

TheNoobOfTheCentury Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Does this one accidently delete your progress like the one that did, or is it safe for download? Lol

13. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #1113 Pipipitchu, Aug 28, 2014
    I had 3 saves before updating and I still have them.

But I don't remember getting the Pwnhammer after defeating Wall of Flesh, probably because there wasn't hard mode back then and that was the end of the line. What should I do now? Defeating it again? Begin a new game?

14. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Since the wall drops the Pwnhammer, I'm pretty sure you will have to fight it one more time. I can't think of any other way to do it unless the game secretly kept track of whether or not you'd beaten it, in which case the hammer would probably just appear in your inventory.

15. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    #1115 Pipipitchu, Aug 28, 2014
    The Pwnhammer is not in my inventory or any of my chests. That sucks... It was hard for me to defeat it when I was playing well, so now that I'm rusted and forgot a lot of things I'm screwed.

16. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    Thanks, just updated and everything was good. And they finally added the worms 3 pets and holy grenade, the recipe is in my inventory. And the pwnhammer was introduced in this update.

17. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I know. What I want to know is if I'll have to defeat Wall of Flesh again to receive it.

18. TheNoobOfTheCentury

Aug 3, 2014
    Already liking the update, havent even gotten to hardmode yet.

You can buy her at the clothier for one platinum.

Attached Files:

19. Pipipitchu

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Well, I really think killing the Wall of Flesh after the update is the only way to get the Pwnhammer. I've done it and I've got it (and a Nasty Pwnhammer).

I thought it would be hard, but I forgot I've made an arena which makes pretty easy to kill it.

20. j_rk

j_rk Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Finally took the plunge now that hard mode has been included, downloaded just now and it keeps crashing. Open the app, black screen for roughly 5 seconds, crashes back to home screen. Tried hard resetting my iPad but it's still happening. IPad Air running iOS 7.1.2 :/