iPhone SpaceChem Mobile (by Zachtronics)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Felonious Tub, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Yep. I am loving this game too. It satisfies a very particular itch in the same way that Avadon , Kard Combat, League of Evil, Neuroshima Hex, the awesome Animoog (not a game but just as much fun as any game) and Pinball Tristan do on my iPad front page. I have a feeling it will be keeping it's status there for some time to come. It's right up there in the top tier of iPad games far as I'm concerned. Great game.

2. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I just got my iPad 2 and noticed this game. The screen shots intrigued me, so I was wondering, would you recommend this game?

3. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    game is a lot of fun. highly recommended!!

4. funambulist

funambulist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    NL
    Just wanted to add my voice to the quiet accolade of others. This is a great, great, great puzzle app!

Challenging as all-hell but also deeply satisfying.

It deserves MUCH more love that it is getting.

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Indeed... one of the most amazing puzzlers I've ever played. Just when you think you've cracked it, it chucks in a whole different aspect of the game at you and quickly gets to brain-melting status!

I love how there are many many ways of achieving each solution, and you can start to refine your processes and learn new tricks and shortcuts to get the job done.

Had it on PC from launch but it's just perfect for iPad sized screen and sitting back musing in comfort and at your own pace.

This is one you can play for years!!

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

#46 CzarCastic, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
    Nvm ;)

7. timo2000

timo2000 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    The game is now on sale for $1.99 but I can't download it because I keep getting "The item is being modified" error. I also got this error with other apps as well. What is going on with the US app store?

8. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I just bought it about 10 minutes ago. You should be good to go.

9. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    i had the same problem all day in the UK store, but someone in the sales and price drops forum had the great suggestion of gifting the game to yourself by selecting the 'print code' option, then redeeming the code. worked a treat!

10. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Got a major bug. On planet Danopth, my game crashed after finishing the first level (Every Day Is The First Day). After going back into the game, the second level (It Takes Three), there are no Start icons. So I can't even try to complete the level, and I can't progress.

Also, why is there no 'reset reactor'?

11. dclnmurray

dclnmurray Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Hey All

Any other games similar to this? After something with an emphasis on logic or programming etc.

cheers

Dave

12. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Try Pixel Quartet.

It's almost as challenging as Spacechem.

13. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#53 Bronxsta, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    I can't believe this thread has been dead for two years. I finally got SpaceChem on PC and holy shit, this is the most brain-melting puzzle game I have ever played. It's like trying to learn a new language or understand some form of complex mathematics. It's the kind of game where you stare at the first puzzle in a state of utter confusion, thrust into the deep end...but slowly and surely, you acclimate, you learn, you adapt. What was once a confusing mix of symbols becomes a test of logic and planning, refinement and perfection. Developing a successful solution is a cerebral victory unlike any other I've ever encountered

And success isn't the end. You can always refine and improve. Coming back to an early level, you'll see these puzzles with new eyes and new skills in mind and develop faster, more efficient solutions that you would have never considered possible on your first attempt

I don't know how the iPad version compares, but if the PC version is anything to go by, you must give SpaceChem a try if you enjoy challenging puzzle games that don't just test your logic and planning, but teach you to think in new ways

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I see that none of the regulars have ever posted in the thread. EP, Connector, JCho, Pete, Sumo, etc., have you guys played this?

15. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I got it back in the day, because of the raving reviews.
    DonĀ“t know the PC version, but never felt the touch interface was complicated or hard to use.
    There should be a TA review, iirc.

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I bought this for the iPad and have thoroughly enjoyed the puzzles. I heard about its success on Steam and am glad I got it. Good stuff

17. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    SpaceChem Mobile is back in the App Store, after being "pulled" - even from purchase histories like other apps - for an iOS 9 fix. The app has not been updated for iOS 9 yet, but works fine on my iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.4.

18. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT