Dungeon Crawlers - (by Ayopa Games LLC) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

A tactical RPG that takes the best of the genre and injects personality and humor, bringing a unique mix of depth, tactics, and fun to mobile platforms.

With gameplay drawn from the best of tactical RPGs and a personality inspired by films like Ghostbusters and Shrek, Dungeon Crawlers is a fun and funny game of tactics and role-playing for iOS, Android, and PC.

Follow our Dungeon Crawlers team of Aegon, Payter, and Roy as they delve into goblin-infested hallways, lava-drenched caverns, and other suitably hostile environs in pursuit of loot, women, and fancy lab equipment.

Overcome escalating tactical challenges, level your characters to absurdly powerful heights, and gear up with amazing treasures.

If you need dungeons looted and bad guys obliterated, call on the Dungeon Crawlers.

• Tactical turn-based combat. Consider your move and then leap into action with your characters, letting lose sword and spell to down your dungeon-dwelling prey.
    • Four unique playable characters. Egg-headed alchemist, portly healer, burly warrior, and drunken dwarf warrior.
    • Four chapters of dungeon crawling goodness: Each chapter is a unique multi-level dungeon with distinct environments, deadly enemies, and shiny loot.
    • Did we mention loot? Laden your Dungeon Crawlers team with gold and gear. You’ll make them obnoxiously wealthier and obscenely deadlier.
    • A multitude of monsters to massacre. Battle goblins, skeletons, mummies, slimes, oozes, banshees, and more.
    • Challenging and rewarding boss battles. Throw down against the deadliest of bosses in each chapter, including the wily Goblin King, terrifying Banshee Queen, and the dreaded Death Knight Shyamalan.
    • Trophies and Achievements: Supports Game Center with over a dozen achievements and also boasts in-game collectible trophies (more loot) to show off your dungeon crawling prowess.
    • Unity-powered stylized graphics: Adds fully rotatable, full-blown 3D with a cartoony style to the tactics RPG genre.
      iOS 5 Support, including iCloud syncing and AirPlay mirroring

2. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Oh f*ck yes

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #3 undeadcow, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    Wow... out later this month. Between this (26), Call of Cthulhu (30), and Time of Heroes (19) App Store just got a little more macho. Best month of releases in a long time. If Cthulhu Saves the World shows up too then it can only be a sign of impending apocalypse.

Edit: Twitter randomness says release is Janurary 26.

4. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #4 Marcus70, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    Awesome! Another great strategy game to look forward to soon. And their website says it will start at $1.99 as the introductory price.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Someone please raise my jaw up :eek:

6. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Wow, looks nice. Haven't seen a good TBS RPG since Rimelands. And yeah, looking forward to seeing how Call of Cthulhu turns out as well.

7. Cromwell

Cromwell Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Selfemployed PC Service technican
    Cologne, Germany
    Instabuy for me 2! But I have two suggestions:

1. Add a coop mode and maybe later some kind of Arena/Duell mode.
    2. Trading loot with other players. Set items which add additional advantages when you have a complete set would be a good idea, too.

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Got my eyes on this game.

9. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i can't believe that there isn't more buzz for this game. i mean it got a mention on the front page, looks awesome, and is coming out in two-ish weeks. yet there is only 8 posts on the thread.

well i for one is really excited. looks to be a lot of fun!

10. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    yeah surprised to see so little buzz with such an amazing looking game!

11. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    When asked about game length, with just four (multi-level) chapters, how many levels are in the game:

Per the developers post on Facebook:
    "Total of 12 level. 8 crawls and 4 boss fights. We will be releasing the final three levels (the fifth chapter) along with some other goodies in the first update. It's about 8-16 hours of gameplay depending on how methodical and completionist you are."

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    why isn't this out yettttttttt T_T

13. Comes out on Thursday for 1.99. Put it on your calendar. I worked on the game a little bit and I'm really impressed with the team's final product.

14. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    This game is truly awesome. Played through a preview build and it was quite the experience. I'd definitely recommend picking it up when it drops.

15. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    Rawr! To long!.. what am i gonna play while i wait? :(

16. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This and PM and only 2 euros. daaaaamn, getting tight. I need both :p

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Is the 3GS supported?

Haven't found any hint here or on their homepage.

18. DrowningMonkeysJC

Jan 23, 2012
    Level Designer
    Atlanta, GA
    3GS is supported for Dungeon Crawlers.

Hope everyone enjoys the game once it comes out.

19. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    What's PM?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Paper Monsters.

Took me a while to work it out too, hehe.