iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Any tips for level Ant?

2. cookietroll

cookietroll Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    The two lasers on the left are killing most creeps.

Attached Files:

3. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi Zaraf,

Thank you for playing my game :)

This is for your information.

The level '3. Ant' is too hard to win. So I decided to rebalance the difficulty in the next release version 1.0.5.

Hope you can beat the level 3. :D

Regards,
    duetBlock

4. gbravetti

gbravetti Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    #124 gbravetti, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    From bottom to top giving priority on upgrades and on the left.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3c6kttuq4tek22/Photo%20Sep%2008%2C%208%2009%2047%20AM.png?dl=0

Good luck!

5. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi solarnya,

I appreciate your purchasing my game :)

Please feel free commenting about this game and hope you enjoy with the neoDefense as well.

Thank you!

Regards,
    duetBlock

6. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Just made it to the final waves, just to get overwhelmed by the massive amount of enemies that overlaps on the final waves.

7. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    You said it! I finally got past wave 15 and the following waves were brutal. Made it to wave 21/22 so far, but haven't got a clue how to finish those last hundreds of creeps! :)

8. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    I'm working with lasers on the very top path corners also on the bottom plus some lasers on the bottoms middle and on the base power multiplier zone, at last two valkans on de middle for the squared demons. I'm ending with unused cash. Which is your approach?

9. junkyardheart

May 24, 2012
    I got past wave 15 with this, then tried to deploy Valkan and upgrade but resources were to scarce at that point.

Attached Files:

10. TwirlingFern

TwirlingFern Member

Oct 6, 2014
    #130 TwirlingFern, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    UI suggestions

Failed in the boss level with tons of cash. I have some UI suggestions.

A button next to the upgrade button to max upgrade. It will upgrade one level after another automatically until you run out of cash. This will reduce the number of taps.

There could also be a button to upgrade every tower of the same type. So you could press it and it will upgrade all missile towers one level for example.

Another suggestion I have is to display the number of lives remaining instead of number of deaths on the levels overview page.

How does the score work?

11. miko666

miko666 Member

May 12, 2009
    Pleaseeeee.... I'm stuck on "let's beta" level.
    Any suggestion/screenshot?

12. cookietroll

cookietroll Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Just some random setup

Attached Files:

13. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi TwirlingFern,

The function of automatic upgrade will be added later. (The idea was suggested by someone's feedback and I also agree with your opinion. That's good idea.)

And for the another suggestions, Let me think about them. :)

The score is the highest when a creep is destroyed in the starting point. And the score is decreased gradually to the ending point.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Regards,
    duetBlock

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm enjoying this, it's been too long since I last played a classic tower defense game!

15. TwirlingFern

TwirlingFern Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Display tower dps?

Now that I've played Beta 3 Ant I'm appreciating the # of deaths listed.

I'm trying to compare towers to each other but without tower dps or frequency/period then it's difficult to compare dps and dps/cost of towers to each other. This would be very useful information. Shot speed I don't need to know the exact number for and I can understand it without the number so I suggest to replace shot speed with dps.

I haven't had much use for the missile towers so far and I'm on the middle of Beta. It's nice that it covers the whole screen but it is very expensive, fires infrequently, upgrades extremely slowly, and the missiles turn and move very slowly. I can have 5 basic towers for the price of a single missile tower. So far I have not been limited in the number of spots I can put towers so other towers do the job better. Does it do splash damage?

16. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    This is my approach, works for wave 15 0 lives lost and some cash also anyway I got overwhelmed by the overlapping of the lastest waves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0putm2kgb4ly4h7/File%20Sep%2015%2C%205%2023%2003%20PM.png?dl=0

17. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    #137 gbravetti, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Hi, just want to report that the new play button isn't mapped right on the GUI, at least on my iPhone 7 Plus, it just responds when I press on the middle between the play and the fast forward. If I press right over the play button (I can see the yellow glare when I press it) it doesn't responds. It seems that the response area got too narrow.

EDIT: I just realized that the play isn't responding at all, what responds isthe speed indicator rectangle over both buttons.

18. junkyardheart

May 24, 2012
    Thanks Gabraveti, starting with that setup I was able to clear the level. So, it's the area with the vortex graphic that is the extra power area? I mistakenly thought it was the area where the creeps spawn that had the bonus damage. No wonder I wasn't doing very well. :)

19. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Indeed!

Glad to see you beat that level, now I'm struggling with the Boss. :)

20. Erin

Erin Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Gamma first level

I cannot come close to defeating the first level of Gamma. I read earlier something about bonus damage zones, but it wasn't clear what or where those are. Can anyone help me get through this level?