The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, I've got high hopes for that one. I hope they don't let me down. (lol)

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Shaun

Good to see your going to check out Alice Order and Grimms Notes! Can't wait to hear your imps on the two. I haven't got into Alice Order yet and I'm very much enjoying Grimms Notes.
    Fluent in Japanese your lucky :) I'm a long way off from fluent

3. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Shaun, do you accept nominations for readers' choice reloads here? And if so -- would you consider Sid Meier's Pirates! an RPG? Exploration, battle, character progression... right?

4. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #484 Dailon80, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    I just got legend of heroes trails in the sky from the Japan App Store and it's a super good JRPG! Tough too especially if you're trying to be a bit perfectionist with it. Love all the various elements to the game the take out v sit down food, the turn based battles, orbaments is great, this is all around one of my fav RPGs now and I just got deep into FF 9 it's okay I'm gonna just juggle both right now but this is my game to play this weekend!
    Worth the 2000 yen
    The last remnant is one I'm very much considering buying as well.

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Is that the old PSP game? I have heard very, very good things about that. Please, please, please can we have an English translation?

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I believe it was PSP or vita one the controls are like the ps handhelds I didn't own either one so can't remember. I think it's on steam in English.
    It's a very very good RPG for sure. It won't be leaving Japan on mobile I would be shocked if it did.

7. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I think only the first one got an English translation. The others never made it out of Japan. I would love to see this make it over here. At least a translation for that does exist...

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #488 Dailon80, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Agreed. the concept for this rpg is really neat and diff in a good way. Would love to play them all now. Appears to be a great series.

Attached Files:

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #489 Dailon80, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    IT was on PSP right
    I had never heard of it until a few days ago and now I may grab the soundtrack too. music is solid.

10. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The Legend Of Heroes: Trails series has such a complicated situation around it, haha. The first game (Trails In The Sky FC) is available on PSP and PC in English, and that's the game that popped up on the Japanese App Store recently. It's another one of those streaming games, like Final Fantasy 13 and The Last Remnant, so I doubt we'll see it in English. I'm hoping the Ys games do well enough for DotEmu to go after ports of the Trails games, though. They'd have to use XSEED's translation because otherwise there's no way it would be feasible (These games famously have some of the largest, most complicated scripts of any JRPGs).

Trails In the Sky SC *finally* came out in English late last year on PC and PSP (digital only). Trails In The Sky 3rd Chapter is for now not planned to get an English release. Instead, XSEED jumped ahead to the next good jumping on point for the series, Trails Of Cold Steel, which came out on PS4 and PS Vita in December of last year. They'll be following with Trails Of Cold Steel 2, and I doubt we'll miss too many Trails games from here on out. I just hope they can go back and fill in the blanks one day. Third Chapter, Trails In Zero, and Trails In The Blue were all skipped so that they could get caught up.

Yes, this is a good place to nominate candidates. I think Pirates is fine within the loose definition we've been using for the Reload feature. I'll add it into the master list.

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #491 Dailon80, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Thanks for the info Shaun!
    I am enjoying it very much, lots
    Of saving good thing is you can save anywhere Anytime because it's needed.
    it took a min to get the feel for it.
    Also what's best is the L and R buttons on phone too will rotate the screen 360 and you can do this any time whether im a town or even in battle and that's an awesome feature.

12. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Fortune Tellers Academy by Square Enix is back in the Japan App Store. It came out last month and then it was taken down from the store and now back up. Not sure why it was taken down but I'm finally gonna get to play it. I had signed up for pre registration and was looking forward to it, hope it's any good.

Attached Files:

13. korossyl

korossyl Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Yo-ho!

14. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The last remnant and the other broadcast media games on Japan App Store are on sale including the final fantasy titles xiii and xiii-2. I went to get the last remnant for its now low price of 1200 yen but the co I use to buy my Japan App Store cards is out of stock hope I don't miss the sale due to this.

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #495 Dailon80, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    This is bad ass lightning returns final fantasy xiii is now in Japan App Store just like xiii and xiii-2 it's done with square Enix and broadcast media over a sever. I have already downloaded it and waiting to get my codes to pay/ I always use Japan codes and for some reason they are out of stock anyone know a trusty alternative. So far with them everything is spot on and no fraud so almost worried to go through another site! Either way I'm glad I now have all 3 xiiis
    If I am reading and translating it right and I'm pretty sure I am this one is 2000 yen but it's a sale and will go up to 2200 yen soon.
    I know that xiii is not exactly a fan fav but I love it! I like the characters true the story isn't as up to par but the characters are some of my fav especially Sazh he's one of my fav ever final fantasy characters.
    I used Japan code supply so done deal I couldn't resist :) since I have never played it before.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Didn't realize final fantasy lightning returns is much diff in the fact it's totally open world and more based around quests. Not a bad thing I guess but time will tell. Anyone who has played all three in the xiii series which one do you like best?

17. Enker

Enker Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    None of them were great, but 2 was probably the most amusing with its take on time travel.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Great is a strong word so I can say that I agree. 6,7,8,9 my favs not in any particular order. i do like 13 more than 10. I like xiii part 1 best so far

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #499 Dailon80, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Thanks for the write up on FFIII I thought I was playing the real version :)
    I will say it's one of the better looking and better playing final fantasy games on iOS. When I read the reloads I then always revisit the game and with this one I actually have found it very enjoyable and it's been a while since I played it. It is a tough game and that's part of the appeal for me until that final gauntlet no one in their right mind likes that part ha
    Characters in this one to me have always been the weakest part of the game but w the story behind I know why now
    Thanks again for rt write up

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I'm at Castle Hein
    Been playing it all weekend and I haven't played this one much since I got it and that was a mistake as I'm finding this one to be really good. I like the job options and how they change character appearances as well as the way weapons do the same. The geomancer terrain is great :)
    Scholar is a job I'm also liking. Thanks again for the Reload I had lost this game in my shuffle and it's a gem.
    Just hit level 20 w all 4 main cs