Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbodooley View Post
Hi Aly and Girlpower, I have a confession........i got fed up crying and, so embarrassed , I used REAL money this weekend.........and I bought the Sakura!!! 6.99 for a virtual dragon! What am I like??? But she is soooo pretty!!

I will slink away and hide my face in shame now

Good luck to you Aly, hope you get yours soon and hope you're not as week as me........
OMG Jazbo! You gave me such a chuckle tonight! No need for guilt-sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do for sanity. Besides, think of it as supporting BFS for giving us such a great game and you are helping to keep the updates coming.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedat40 View Post
I am in the same boat. Wondering if earth/chrome is not the combo for me...
I guess I got lucky with my second steel as I thought breeding the first with metal was a sure thing. Tried new earths and leveling up...now to try one of my many new chromes
Earth/Chrome did not work for me. I got my Dodo with Earth/Fog I think on the second try. Cannot get a second to save my soul with either combo!
Good luck!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpower View Post
@ Alyjens.......
any luck yet with your Sakura yet????
Keep looking for a good news post from you

Hope you are feeling okay still, sending best wishes and a gem tomorrow x
Not yet, Girlpower. The worst part are all the 14 hr fails No, scratch that- the worst is getting all excited for a ten hour timer only to have it be an ugly Lava, instead of a beautiful Sakura. Got me a 10 hr cooking now....afraid to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the good wishes! Feeling much better, just not looking forward to more tests. At least our hospital has free WiFi! Thanks also for the gem! Trying hard not to blow thru them in case I have to pull a "Jazbo".
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiera Kyoto View Post
For my first (and only) Rainbow, I used Mud (level 10) and Blazing (also level 10) at my friend's suggestion. I think I put them in the EBI too...
Quote:

Hmm, rainbow.....couldn't get a second one till I got my only LY, bred that with my only rainbow.......

I remember my rainbow combo was firefly/swamp or in reverse.....can have a look at ny notes if you want me to?
Good luck with this one
Thanks for the additional combos. Right now I have been using Magnetic/Flower and Brass/Cactus. Don't have a LY because I didn't start the game till March

May wait a while before I try the Mud/Blazing combo. Like the chance of getting a Panlong but don't think I could handle another Lava right now after all the ones I got while trying for Sakura
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 AM

I am new to these boards so hello everyone and I just finally got the dodo. I spent the last four days trying earth chrome over and over again finally got up this morning and gave it another go and got the dodo.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpayne7 View Post
I am new to these boards so hello everyone and I just finally got the dodo. I spent the last four days trying earth chrome over and over again finally got up this morning and gave it another go and got the dodo.
IT'S Like BFS has a timer and when they know we are about to give up we get the dragon with the one we have used over and over again. Congrats
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyjens View Post
Not yet, Girlpower. The worst part are all the 14 hr fails No, scratch that- the worst is getting all excited for a ten hour timer only to have it be an ugly Lava, instead of a beautiful Sakura. Got me a 10 hr cooking now....afraid to get my hopes up.

Thanks for the good wishes! Feeling much better, just not looking forward to more tests. At least our hospital has free WiFi! Thanks also for the gem! Trying hard not to blow thru them in case I have to pull a "Jazbo".
I hope you get good news form the test. I am glad you are feeling better.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

11 Flower + 11 Tree for me

working on 2nd Sakura then back to getting the Dodo
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMELESS View Post
IT'S Like BFS has a timer and when they know we are about to give up we get the dragon with the one we have used over and over again. Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMELESS View Post
I hope you get good news form the test. I am glad you are feeling better.
Thanks, Timeless! And I forgot about the "I give up and am never playing DV again" trick! Hear that BFS? Nothing but Lavas & Trees- UNCLE! UNCLE! UNCLE! As soon as I get my iPad, it's off to Tribez for me! So I won't be buying anymore gems from YOU!

**<whispering> aaaah, that felt good. Now let's see if my luck changes.**

Last edited by Alyjens; 04-24-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Half asleep :)
Old 04-24-2012, 10:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
LOL, I saw it last night, so was wondering when you were going to fess up.
Considered for a moment whether you either bred or bought...I was swaying on the latter cause I was thinking if you bred it, you would have had posted in CAPITAL letters of excitement

All good Jazbo, you gave it a good go and only you know where your cut off point is....as long as you can justify your decision within.....you don't need to do so to us.....so hold you head up and celebrate your Sakura

I tend to agree with TIMELESS about using your Sakura to get breed a second one.....not saying it won't happen, but knowing BS....wouldn't they think this is what DV players will do, so let's make that even harder to achieve?

Just a suggestion here......why don't you try the lvl 15 flower lvl 10 tree more than just a couple of times.....heck after trying quiet a few other lvls etc it still took me a few goes to get mine even doing back to back with this.....of course I got a tree, lava etc first....up to you of course.

As for DODO, I just keep trying with chrome/earth over and over.....have just tried same levels this time, but another 5 hr.
I am starting to wonder it this combo may just not end up producing the desired effect like it has for others purely because I have been using this same combo consistently.....but then Sandstorm enters my head....say no more.
I have used new chromes now and then but no go so far
I know quiet a few incl Andy (thanks for the info) have been successful with earth/fog combo....I will try for a few more days, then maybe switch to this combo again for a bit.

I also still want a second Steel......
Thanks girlpower, I don't feel so bad now!

Will try the flower/tree combo again and see what happens. If I get it for real I will definately post in CAPITALS with head held high!

Dodo still elusive for me to, what to go for first? Sakura i think! Far prettier dragon than dodo!!

Hope you get your dodo and second steel soon! X