Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
  2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Even though I'm more of a DS/3DS fan, it feels awesome to be playing on my Vita again. Been playing Sound Shapes, Persona 3, and MGS: Peace Walker and it's great. I'm also extremely impressed with Sony at Gamescom. Killzone Mercenary looks absolutely fantastic (it also runs on the same engine as Killzone 3 :eek: ), so does the new Ratchet and Clank, and the new Need for Speed. Black Ops Declassified on the other hand looks alright. I'll have to see more details about it before I make up my mind on it. Activision dropped a big ass ball letting Nihilistic Software develop something this significant for the Vita. But anyways, the future for handheld gaming looks amazing. LBP Vita next month, AC: Liberation + NFS: Most Wanted + Pokemon Black and White 2 in October, Paper Mario Sticker Star + PS Allstars Battle Royale + Persona 4 Golden in November and more later on. Did I also forget to mention the "CrossBuy" promotion from Sony? Awesome stuff. Feels good to be a portable gamer. :D

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

The Vita version up for pre-order is £30, which is an extremely reasonable asking price if it's the console version.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Looks like my upcoming game list will be NFS, Jet Grind Radio, Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, ACIII, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank and I'll stay on the fence about Sly Cooper and TearAway

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think the only games on my definitive purchase list are SF X Tekken, Persona 4 and WRC Rally, I'm pretty disappointed with the rest.

Now I've watched the trailer for COD a few times I'm pretty sure they are just using the same death animation over and over and the backgrounds do look remarkably like Resistance scenes.
    Starting to look like Unit 13 might be the best shooter the Vita gets for a long time, I'm glad I picked it up already.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Another game I'm looking forward to that isn't being mentioned that much is the new Sonic & Sega all-stars game, if it is the same game as on home consoles. That could pretty much be the Mario Kart for the Vita (and other consoles)

7. Der-Kleine

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I bought Sound Shapes, but didn't even make it through the tutorial. Gotta give it another try.

I'm currently playing Lunar Silver Star Harmony for the PSP, I really love playing some RPG's on my Vita. They look really nice.

I'm not sure how much I'd be using my Vita without the PSP library to be honest.

9. Der-Kleine

#2811 Der-Kleine, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Whoa...those NFS screens look nice.

12. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Iam I the only one looking forward to FIFA 13. 12 was as close to the console version as expected. Excited about the next FIFA ..

13. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I'm pretty stoked for it too. I hope they animate the crowds and add more commentary phrases. I can practically commentate the whole match as the game would (or I just play it too much haha).

14. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Wow I just can't believe the idiotic decisions Sony are making they have actually closed Studio Liverpool the developer who has made one of the Vitas best titles Wipeout 2048 between this, closing down Zipper after Unit 13 and giving Resistance, COD to Nihilistic it's starting to look like they don't care about the Vita at all.

Studio Liverpool is also the developer that was most likely to bring a Gran Turismo game to the Vita as well so now I can't see that happening either.

15. Wipeout is one of my favorite racing game series ever. It's such a shame Sony closed down the studio while they were reportedly working on Wipeout 4 for PS4. I hope Evolution or some other Sony studio continues to develop Wipeout games in the future. :/

I'm not sure what you mean by Studio Liverpool making GT Vita though. Polyphony Digital has always made the GT games, even the PSP version.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think Studio Liverpool was mentioned along with the original rumour there might be a Vita GT but maybe I'm remembering wrong but yes Polyphony are the usual developers but so far it seems that doesn't mean much when it comes to Vita games.

Real shame though the Wipeout DLC was probably the best DLC I've ever bought.

17. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

These past 2 days have been a bummer for the gaming community. First, news that Nintendo Power is not going to be published and now Sony Liverpool get's shut down. They had such great talent, why not use them for a new IP or even to revamp an existing Sony IP or something.

What a waste...

18. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    It's even sadder for older gamers like me because the Liverpool studio was formerly known as Psygnosis, I'm quite sure the other grandpas :) in here will instantly recognise that name :(