Universal Reckless Racing 2 - (by Polarbit) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. MightySteed

MightySteed Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Birmingham, UK
    Really like the visuals in this game, but the handling has never felt quite right to me. I was a Micro Machines addict growing up though, so my expectations of this style of gameplay might be slightly warped! Definitely good fun though.

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Most of the time the racing tires provide a higher index. I think it's only for the all offroad cars that the sports tires are higher, the difference being (I'm assuming) that those tires are better for the dirt tracks. But yeah, it's a bit confusing.

3. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    If you glance back at some previous posts, you'll see that the handling seems to be the universal issue from most people who play it. I'm really hoping they do something about it because other than that the game is good.

4. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Im too,would like to know if controls are being fixed. Maybe our dear Devs will respond already? They always take their sweet ... time.

5. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    Really enjoying the game! Got the final car after a few days of playing and i am loving every moment of it. Though I still kinda prefer RR1 to RR2.

Anyway, quick question about the achievement "Jay Leno Wannabe", what cars do you get?
    I know one of them is the Dune Commander, but what are the other ones? :confused:

6. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    For this achievement, I think that you have to buy all the cars in the game.

7. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    Ah. Thank you. :)

8. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #448 SumoSplash, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Yeah it would be nice if Pixelbite at least acknowledges the fact that many players are having issues with the handling (too sensitive, car sliding back and forth with simple taps) and that adjusting the steer sensitivity does nothing to correct it (at least from my perspective).

I keep coming back to this game because I like most everything else about it and I'm hoping this will be resolved.

9. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #449 SumoSplash, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    Two more things I'd like to mention, one comment, one question...

I am also having issues with the standard camera angle, so much so that I find myself using the Chase Camera almost exclusively. The standard camera angle feels awkward and the Chase Camera seems much more natural. And although I like the Chase Camera, I do wish it was panned out slightly more than it is now, simply so a little more of the track is shown as you go forward. I think the fact that it is not panned out enough is aiding in the overall lack of control of my vehicle in that I can't quite see far enough ahead soon enough.

My question is, since there is still so much love for RR1, is there any chance of a Retina upgrade for this game? I think it would sell. I know I'd buy it :D

10. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I wanted to edit my above post. I was unaware that RR1 was Retina ready, probably because I was comparing it to the graphics of RR2.

Pixelbite? Pixelbite??? Why thee have gone so silent?

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    So I noticed that there was an update available, downloaded it, opened up the game, only to find ALL my game progress gone! WTF!!? Not effing happy. I had completed everything and owned and upgraded all but 5 cars! Anyone else have the same issue? Not happy at all.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    damnit...

I downloaded the update before I took a nap today, didn't open it... but just did, and yes... ALL PROGRESS IS RESET!!! It's like I'm opening the game for the first time - saying I need to set up a profile...

VERY upsetting...

I don't wanna have to play through all that again... GRRRRRR!!!

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Exactly! As I don't use cloud I'm not sure what the fix will be?

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Sorry to hear guys. But thanks for posting on it so we're all aware.

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I've PM'd the dev. See what happens.

16. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I did the same thing ;/ Forgot to read new posts in this topic and my progress is gone too.. I'm mad at this game and I have deleted it ;p

17. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    #457 SumoSplash, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    My progress is erased as well, my entire career. I am pretty pissed off considering the only thing that REALLY needed to be updated was the control sensitivity, which I'm sure wasn't included in the update anywhere anyway. Mother-f-er.

Pixelbite should throw us a couple dollars in credits for this so we can at least buy the fastest car again. I can't deal with having to do it again.

18. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Damn, yeah progress reset for me too. I hadn't played in a while, but still sucks. I wonder if I can somehow get the iCloud save to work.

19. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Wtf.... I also lose all my progress, all my cars and I think also think some iaps as i had used some of them for upgrades... I had to finish 5 races on the arcade mode to complete everything in the game and now i am 0. Come on devs at least test your updates. Really pissed off. :mad:

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Blah... I'm over it. Started playing again... And remembered why I got as far as I did the first time around.

These things happen... I'd rather get an update like this than have the game go freemium, get ads, or become abandonware...