Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    At least the US put an edit note in I guess, I didn't really care too much about the 10% but thought it might be useful on a preorder. Can't see myself using it now tbh.

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Yeah, Not a huge deal. I was considering using it towards preordering Uncharted 4 and/or Battlefield Hardline, but I'll probably just get some Vita indies now.

3. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The 10% codes are live now, except we don't seem to have any PS+ discounts this week in the new batch.

4. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I can't find the USA code anywhere. Please help!

5. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    #7545 nemerleb, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    US code: KF56EM5KB3

EDIT: Also the indie flash sale is up: Unfinished Swan at 5$ and Resogun at 3$ (must have sucked for people who bought it day 1 lol). Guacamelee is a must and Echochrome is still one of the best puzzle games PSP got.

6. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Thanks!

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Got Unfinished Swan, Guacameelee, and Echo. Didn't see how to use the code for 10% off, but at $10 total, only lost a buck. Look like some fun games. Sort of wish Echochrome was cross but, but oh well.

8. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Why didn't you post here before buying them? Granted it's only a dollar but still. Anw for next time, when you're on the screen of "Your Cart" there's a blank space that says "Enter 10-digit discount code" right under subtotal.
    Also YES! I also wanted the PS3 version of Echochrome since it has trophies and bonus levels and even a level editor IIRC.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for the tip. I was looking for a place but did not see one. I was purchasing on the Vita, and I think all that I had was a Buy button and a Cancel button..

Also, getting answers back quickly (not that it is a big deal, but you know, when you want to get something, you don't want to have to wait a long time) on the board is hit or miss. I may still purchase something. Shadow something on the PS4 is getting talked up - $20 for the disk and only $5 on digital...

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Try buying on the webstore, that way you can do all platforms at once and apply the discount to Vita as well.

11. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    #7551 lll Anubis lll, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Ahhhhhh!

Now that I got that out of the way, I just wanted to say there were some nice sales... I got Resogun, Unfinished Swan, and Guacamelee for $10.

Now for La Mulana and Salt and Sanctuary to release... Not that I need more games, but you know... vitaitis.

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    If I buy the PS3 version of limbo, can I play it on my vita?

13. lll Anubis lll

lll Anubis lll Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2013
    If you go to the store and it has PSvita listed, then yes. It should look something like... (PS3/PSVita). They may have made the PSVita version different from the PS3, in which case you'll have to buy the PS Vita version.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah,
    It does not look like purchasing from the Vita allows entering the code. However, when I went into PS3 / PS4 store, it shows the cross buy games that I bought on Vita to be purchased on those platforms so all is good.

Bought Echochrome for PS3 (only $2.50) and also Shadow Warrior for PS4. So like 5 new games including cross purchase for like $15... not bad for Console type games...

15. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok. It is separate versions but a ps blog post from when limbo vita came out says that owning the PS3 version intitles you to the vita version.

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I bought Limbo on my PS3 and got if free for the Vita. Should be cross buy to my knowledge. If you go into the download area of the App store on PSN you should just be able to access it.

17. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Awesome. Thanks! The PS3 version is $3, and the Vita version is $10. ???

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Ummm - nix my last - I just went into the PSN store, and I have ONLY the PS Vita showing that has been bought. The PS3 version is showing $3. The reason that I was confused is that another PSN account that I have has Limbo bought on the PS3 because I bought it many moons ago... Sorry, and I hope I did not make you spend $3 unnecessarily....

19. nemerleb

Jan 19, 2013
    Limbo was indeed cross-buy at a certain point, but they removed that feature. You have to buy each version separately.
    Like someone said above, to see if a game is compatible, simply see the device name written under the game's name if you're browsing the desktop PSN. If you're checking PSN directly in your device, it goes without saying the latter supports running the game.

20. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok. I haven't bought it yet so I'm glad I checked here. I think limbo is great but I've paid full price and played it on other platforms so I don't want to shell out another $10 to replay it. :)