Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    GG Camzy ^^

I really have to play more (only 150 games so far ^^').

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Camzy, in your last turn in the game we're playing, you got seven cards from dhartha's retreat even though you killed a cultist. Is that a bug? The card says you only get the 2 extra cards if you don't acquire or defeat a card on your turn - but you did defeat a card.

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    We really need stats vs. individuals. I'd love to see my win/loss record vs. Camzy and others. I hope they can add that in an update, but I suppose the stats are lost from past matches. Still, better late than never.

4. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Yes, it's a known bug. It'll be fixed in the next update.

5. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    We're exploring the logistics behind this. We've held onto the data from all completed games specifically so we could extract head-to-head records before we dispose of it. Hopefully this will be included with the Storm of Souls update, but no guarantees on that at this point.

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah I've been exploiting that bug a bit, sorry. :p

Dhartha's Retreat has grown on me though. Has some great uses.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So as the card is working are Cultists the only exception or will the card overlook Mystic and Heavy purchases as well?

8. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    lol, ah ok. That's just mean. :eek::)
    But sounds like you won't be able to do it for long.

9. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Oh cool - I figured that wouldn't be an easy expansion to incorporate, so wasn't sure on the plans for it. Glad to hear it's coming.
    Any plans on getting chat and multitasking support in that update as well?

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Nope. The card works only if you banish a SINGLE cultist. If you hit two, it won't work, and if you acquire any card, it also won't work.

11. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    I'd love to see stats for my single player games, as that is what I play way too frequently.

Dave

12. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    As it turns out, this isn't true. I just played a game with Camzy and on one turn I killed two cultists with power and a third with an Arha Templar and still got 7 cards the next turn, not that it helped me - I still lost. :p And damn Camzy, I spent the entire game trying to get Samael, and you get it the last turn (and you didn't even seem to be trying to get it)! Actually, I should have known better - any time I've tried to get one of the high cost (7/8) cards from the beginning, I've nearly always failed and ended up losing the game.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    7 cards? I didn't realize that dhartha's retreat would give you extra cards on your *next turn*, I thought it gave you two extra cards for your current turn, which you'd then have to use right there. Which didn't seem too useful. So... ooooooh... now i see where that could be useful.

14. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    lol, yeah, that would just be silly - draw 5 cards, toss them, then get 2 more. :p
    As it is, it IS a bit of a risk to use it, and it's really only good for early to mid-game. However, it can definitely help in getting a high cost card.

15. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Just letting you all know that I am taking a bit of a break from Ascension for a couple of week, just until the iPad 3 comes out (I figure that will give me a benchmark for when to come back). I will finish up the games that are on going, but I won't be accepting re-matches. I have many of you on my GC friends list, so I'll hit you up when I am ready to get back into it.

16. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Will Ascension be updated to support the Retina display on the iPad 3?

17. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Really? I tried banishing two cultists with 4 power and I didn't get 7 cards the next turn :/

Oh and I find Samael to be average at best. 8 for 8 power isn't really all that great. Sea Tyrant has the same ratio - 5 for 5. I never purposefully change my tactics to kill Samael, because it's really not worth getting a hand of infantry for. Its ability to acquire monsters also rarely helps unless you kill it early, and that doesn't happen very often. It should probably give 10 honor not 8 or make acquired monsters worth 1 end-game honor.

18. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    yeah, as I said, it was a mistake spending so much effort trying to get it. It can be really good if you get it mid game, but yeah, by the end, it's just 8 honor (being a 1:1 ratio though, it's still a good deal).

19. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Good question. Will it be updated?

20. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I dont really think that retina support is needed. Prefer new expansion though