Universal Clash Of Clans [Strategy]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MacGyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    True but if you were trying to earn trophies, you would put it in the center of you base.

2. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #162 Blackbeard, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
    Actually I tweaked it some more cause I was still losing trophies, expanded the center & moved TH to center with 1 gold & 1 elixer storage & CC, & moved wiz towers where TH & CC were, and other storages to where the wiz towers were so there still pretty protected. Hopefully I can get that 450 gem trophy achievement soon. Just need to upgrade archers towers and cannons some more, but I get alot less attacks with this design.

3. Nalazoo

Nalazoo Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Close To My Heart Consultant
    I've been doing a bunch of research on where to focus for upgrading buildings and such after moving to town hall 6. Thank you to the awesome Toucharcade clan for all your tips & advice! i figured i'd go and research it some more to jnderstand so i can in turn coach others. :)

From what I've found, there are differing viewpoints on whether the town hall should be inside OR outside the walls.

In a DEFENSIVE base set up, the town hall is inside the walls. You can earn trophies by having a set up that is hard to defeat. Focus is on upgrading all defenses, walls, and gold mines. This is a good strategy if you are away from the game for an extended period.

In an OFFENSIVE base set up, the town hall is outside the walls. You are not worried about trophies since you are poised to gain back the trophies during raids. Focus is on army camps, barracks and elixir collectors. This is a good strategy if you play often.

If you Google "clash of clans defensive base set up" or "clash of clans offensive base set up" I'm sure you can find the articles.

4. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Looking for TA members to join us at TA1

5. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Actually from my experience, when you first reach guild hall level 6, you will never be in defensive. This is because your defense will most likely suck regardless of how great you think your setup is due to having low tech on your defensive structures (walls and towers). I was at 1211 when I hit TH 6 and was just getting hammered any time I had any kind of resources built up to upgrade my structures so I had to switch my play style in order to even progress.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have at least a good defensive wall structuring. This means segment as many areas as you can. Do not do one ring around your entire camp. As soon as one section is broken your whole base is going to be compromised by a goblin rush and you will be wiped clean. This is my current set up and I find it effective against the players in the 900 range. A good TH 8 player will have strong enough units to punch holes in the right places to get through to the storage structures, but even then, there's enough walls in the way that they will never break through every section easily so something usually is left over.

The next thing to keep in mind is to always leave one builder free. This is so you can convert your gold into wall upgrades as soon as possible. This will make you less of a target for higher teched players looking to raid gold.

Finally, there are some structures that never need to behind walls since there is no detriment to them being destroyed. This includes the builder's hut, training camps, barracks and a few others, keeping them outside of the camp also helps in another aspect. If you are going to be attacked by another player it helps gathers their troops together making it easier for your splash defensive structures to hit multiple units at once.

Attached Files:

6. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Sound advice there mate I like it. Would you join us at toucharcade1?

7. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Excellent guide, don't have a ePeen but the rest of the guide is very helpful. I just started the game, I did buy some gems but I can see patience is a virtue.

Can't imagine how long it will take me to level to 60+ but I look forward to leveling whenever I have time. :)

8. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    question about clash of clans

Hi all, i downloaded this game a long time ago and deleted it almost immediately for whatever reason. I recently re-downloaded it but i have no idea what to do, is there a way for me to replay the tutorial? Also, am i supposed to have like 214 gems? I've played dvale before and i had only like 10, i thought it'd be the same type of system...

9. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    No I believe not. And you are supposed to have a few hundred gems to use in the beginning.

10. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Seeing how this has been top grossing IOS game for a long time what are the chances for a Clash 2?

I would love to start game from scratch where everyone is even again as right now the 1% dominates all the rest.

11. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Just started this. Ill have a read through the thread but any basic tips to get started? I only have two builders. Can I earn more green gems in the game without paying?.

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You can earn gems through clearing the obstacles in you base and completing achievements. For you base put your storages, defences, and town hall inside your walls. Everything else besides maybe your mines/collectors should be put outside of your walls.

13. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    If you get 1285 trophies or so, you get an achievement that rewards you wit 400+ gems.

A new update is coming this month with a new Golem character and "Leagues"

14. mruberstrike007

mruberstrike007 New Member

Apr 21, 2013
    #174 mruberstrike007, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  15. ltbaxter

ltbaxter Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Software Developer
    Midwest, USA
    Hi Perfect Trumpet! I recognize you from the Pocket Planes forum. I was highly active there before stepping away from the game for my own sanity - just too addictive. Downloaded CoC a few days ago and love it. Would love to join TA1! I can't read the 'fine print' on the iPhone of the clan description or requirements. I'll revisit when I'm home with my iPad. CoC name is: ltbaxter

16. Origence

Origence Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Coding stuff
    Empordà
    Hello people!
    I just sent a request to join the clan. I was in a 45 members clan where only 10 people were donating troops, so I would love to join a proper clan like yours.
    My nick is Origence. TH lv8, 1600+ cups League and I like to give my best and donate troops every time I log in.

17. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    We have a clan just like what you have described. Bad 2 the Bone Look us up.

18. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    You can start anytime. Just dont count on being in one of the top clans. Those guys spend hundreds of real dollars a week to be were they are. The point is to have fun meet new people and you will enjoy it.

19. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Looking for new recruits. My clans called Jail Break.Were only excepting lvl 4 troops and up. just put in the request ur from TA. I will except u. Thanks

20. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Just want to put it out there for new people. They recently changed the way raid loot works. In effect you gain more loot from attacking people in your Town Hall level range. The wiki lists it to this effect:

5% for attacking someine with a Town Hall (TH) 4+ levels lower than the attacker's.
    25% for attacking someone with a TH 3 levels lower than the attacker's.
    50% for attacking someone with a TH 2 levels lower than the attacker's.
    90% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level lower than the attacker's.
    100% for attacking someone with a TH level equivalent to the attacker's.
    110% for attacking someone with a TH 1 level higher than the attacker's.
    150% for attacking someone with a TH 2 levels higher than the attacker's.
    200% for attacking someone with a TH 3+ levels higher than the attacker's.

What this means is if you rush your TH level without having the appropriate defenses leveled and set up, you will be raided hard. Compound this with the fact that you will not be able to gain loot as effectly from raiding easy people, this will mean you will be hard pressed to save up loot to actually afford upgrades.