Universal Castle Doombad (by Adult Swim & Grumpyface)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2014.

1. SwimCeej

SwimCeej Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    I help make iOS games!
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes it is true. Though you'll have to wait for more details.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #302 Intendro, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks for the information.
    :eek: I asked for confirmation because I couldn't tell if you were affiliated with the developers. I now see I didn't need to ask. I can't see your profile from the Touch Arcade app ("View Profile" doesn't seem to do anything), but I just looked from the website...
    "Senior Games Producer, Adult Swim Games"
    :eek: Sorry about that.

I found a typo.
    Extra letter:
    "certainley"

Attached Files:

3. GrumpyfaceChris

GrumpyfaceChris Well-Known Member

Nice catch! Thanks Intendro :)

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so i gotta say this game gets so much better the farther in you get, im very close to unlocking world 3 but love all the traps and how you can change it up for new strategy. I also go for every crown on every lvl. Do you know if the new content will be paid or free?

5. mitfox

mitfox New Member

Jan 24, 2014
    No matter what I do or how many treadmills I put down, I am not receiving the To-Doom for Give 5 heroes a treadmill workout simultaneously.

I have had over 7 heroes running at the exact same time and I have not received the To-Doom.

6. GrumpyfaceChris

Hi Mitfox,

Thanks for reporting this. We've had a few other people run into this problem I'm afraid. It has been fixed on our end and will be included in the next update.

However, if you do not want to wait for the update (as in, if you do not want a broken to-doom clogging up one of your 3 available to-dooms) you can use the "skip" button next to any to-doom, which will cause the game to consider it fully complete and allow you to move on to the next one. I realize that this is not ideal since you have to spend coins to do it, so we'll try to make sure the update that fixes it is out asap.

7. thegrave

thegrave Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Save game deleted and unable to play

Hey... so i recently purchased the game and spent a couple hours on it.. had gotten to the 2nd area about midway... and grinded up some money. i went on an upgrading frenzy.. and the game bugged out. I believe I might have clicked the upgrade button too many times too quickly? I don't know...

when I closed and restarted the app my save file was gone. I had just unlocked all the traps, and also had quite a few maxed out traps.

Now when I reload... I'm stuck at stage one where it tells me I should tap the spiketrap to equip, but theres no spike trap to tap, and I can't move anywhere. I'm completely stuck and can't play any levels.... along with losing my more than 30k gold(spent on traps+remaining) and like 30+ of each powerup. I had also bought the doubler.

Anyone have the same problem as me? How should I fix this? Anything I can do to restore my old save file?

8. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #308 Intendro, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Sounds like maybe your save file got corrupted and is broken.

Close the game from the multitasking screen and try starting it up again, just in case that works. It might not, but try anyway.

Maybe you should send the developers your save data somehow. Maybe they could figure out something, or maybe it's just broken and useless. :(

*smacks forehead* Okay, my brain hasn't quite booted up, apparently. I forgot to mention backups! :rolleyes:
    If you have a recent iTunes backup, you could restore everything on your device back to that.
    Or: I have no idea about iCloud backups because I just back up to my computer, but maybe an iCloud backup of this game's save data exists if you use iCloud?

As a last resort, going to the options and erasing your save file should get the game to work again. :eek:
    If that doesn't work, deleting the game from your device and installing it again will definitely reset the save data to default.

Also, permanent-type IAP can be re-downloaded for free, so at least there's that. :eek:

9. GrumpyfaceChris

Hey thegrave,

It does sound like your save data was corrupted somehow, which I'm sorry to say I'm not sure what could cause that, but we'll definitely look into it to see if we can discover what happened. I'm afraid there isn't a way for us to restore a player's save data, so I am truly sorry that you experienced this issue.

I would go ahead and try to use the "reset data" option in the extras menu, and then afterwards try the "restore purchases" option. This will always restore the "Coin Doubler", even if you have deleted and redownloaded the app or if you're using a new device with the same iTunes account. Coin packs can also be restored this way after resetting your data, but only if you have not already deleted the app

If for some reason 'reset data' doesn't work for you: if you delete the app, you can redownload from the same iTunes account for free, and then you will still be able to restore purchases to retrieve your coin doubler

Once again I'm truly sorry you encountered this issue, but we'll do our best to get to the bottom of it.

Intendro: thanks also to you for providing help!

10. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #310 Intendro, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    The trash can selection works strangely...

Pick the trash can, then pick a trap (from the selection list.) The trash can is un-selected. The trap is not selected. But...

Pick a trap, then pick the trash can. Both are selected at the same time, instead of un-selecting the trap as you'd expect from the first thing I said.

Again: Pick a trap, then pick the trash can. Both are selected. Now delete an existing trap. If the existing trap and selected trap can exist in the same place at the same time, the existing trap is deleted and the selected trap is placed.
    If the existing and selected traps can't be on the same place at the same time or the selected trap can't be put there, the existing trap is deleted and the overlord says the appropriate "you can't put that there" message.
    Selecting a spot with no trap puts the selected trap and un-selects the trash can.

About the to-doom that says to beat an endless or master stage with four traps...
    Argh! It's so hard! How- ... :eek:
    *tries selecting four different traps*
    Oh. :eek: :p

And with that, I've done everything except upgrade every trap. :D

11. GrumpyfaceChris

Interesting trash can experimentation.. we'll have to take a look at that... you rock, Intendro! Also, ongrats on almost 100%ing the game! (more to come soon!)

12. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Any idea when new content will be released? Sorry, getting antsy, lol.

13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #313 Intendro, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    I always wonder how soon the word "soon" means. :p

When is the bug fixing update coming out? ...Soon? :p
    But seriously, do you have an approximate idea of when?
    That glitch where the overlord saying a "can't do that" message prevents more floors on the next wave is annoying. When there's only a few enemies left in a wave, I find myself worrying I'll trigger the glitch. Because the camera scrolls up to show the floors, I might end up tapping before I react to it and hitting a place I can't put something. So I have to avoid placing traps if possible.

...I completely forgot about this picture I took of a random glitch. :eek:
    In one of the levels in the third set of levels, something knocked back a commando and then he decided to climb back out of the castle... and climbed into the air... I quit the level. I should have waited to see if he hit a ceiling and came back down. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what happened exactly, something hit him and I think he was knocked under/inside the floor a little. Then he went back up the ladder...
    Looking at the picture, the only things on screen are the AC and the arrow gun. Nothing else I have could hit him from off the screen, and I'm sure I didn't use a bomb minion.
    Then again, maybe some other enemies killed traps that were there before, but I don't really know...

(On an unrelated note, the Touch Arcade app isn't submitting my post when I add an attachment. I tap the post button after adding an attachment, and it blinks and does nothing. No idea why. Had to use the website. This also happened just the other day. It worked earlier than that. And for whatever reason there's no "add attachment" when editing posts from the app.
    I really should go find who to ask about that.)

Attached Files:

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I miss playing this game, I got 100% a while back and played as far as I could in endless but at the minute the way endless mode works just isn't for me : (

15. GrumpyfaceChris

We are working hard and fast to get the update out, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the improvements and additions (especially so soon after launch). Unfortunately, I can't get much more specific than "soon" other than estimating that it should be within the next few weeks.

I'll be sure to update this thread, as well as our twitter and blog as soon as I have the clear to give a date

16. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Okay. It's better than just "soon." :)

17. d4d

d4d Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2011
    #317 d4d, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Achievements

It is a great game.

Has anyone gotten around the "master stage or endless: Beat stage w/4 traps" achievement.

I can't beat it and it drives me crazy. Any suggestions?

Edit : Of course... my bad, should have read more carefully...

Me too, just upgrade every trap and get to level 50 endless...

18. Mr. Sanity

Mr. Sanity New Member

May 18, 2013
    Hey is there a way to crown 1-14 without powerups? The Rambos coming thru the secret lair is always my undoing!

19. Dirtypancakes

Dirtypancakes New Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Great game but I can't continue to play until a major bug in endless mode is fixed. Incoming enemies constantly get stuck outside and prevent completion of the level.

Haven't seen this fixed yet

20. GrumpyfaceChris

A little late in responding to you.. but yes, every stage in the game can be crowned without power-ups (even if it might take quite a few tries.. :) ) My advice is, if you find yourself stuck on a stage try changing up which traps you use and adopting new strategies. Especially try mixing in some of the non-damaging utility traps like the troll or treadmill -- as these allow you to "crowd control" in otherwise overwhelming situations

I have to offer my deepest apologies about the "heroes getting stuck" bug. It's a bug that doesn't seem to happen in all games, and unfortunately we never ran into it during our testing before release. We have a fix in place for it in the upcoming content update that should resolve it for good, though I'm sorry to say I still cannot provide a date yet for update that (other than just continuing to say "soon"... sorry!).

The only other thing I can say is that it will be worth the wait. Thanks for your patience and support!