Universal Gene Effect - (by Lightstorm3D)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 4, 2012.

1. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    iPad support? Check!
    Retina support? Check!
    I've been waiting for this moment and bought the game right away.
    Please also note that TA has placed a review of the game on the frontpage. :)

2. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Is there iCloud support for save between the iPhone and iPad? About how long is the total gameplay, give or take? Thanks!

3. Terpentine Cat

Terpentine Cat Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    Hi, I'm stuck on level 9, unable to activate the scanner. Don't even know what this scanner looks like or where to find it.

Any suggestions?

Otherwise, I did everything else. Found the biomatter and the two relics. Nevertheless, I'm unable to access the area to the west. There are two narrow passageways, but the ship doesn't fit.

4. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    My total mission time was 4h 50m at the end.

The scanner is the large machine in the middle of the map. It leads to the west (part that you can't access.) You need to activate the reactor first in order to run the scanner. Gather the crystals from the northwest, then go southeast to activate the reactor.

5. Terpentine Cat

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    #245 Terpentine Cat, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Thank you, but I did all that you said, except I am not able to activate the scanner. Shouldn't that happen automatically? When I activated the reactor with the chrystals, the scanner's lights turned on, but whenever I come close, nothing happens. I'm just able to bump into it. That's all.

Edit: I just found out how to fly into the scanner! Thank you for the reply :)

6. Terpentine Cat

Apr 2, 2011
    Salzburg, Austria
    I've gotten up to level 10 now and have only found 3 artifacts. Still missing some to upgrade my ship.

Could anybody please tell me if I should have found more within the first ten levels?

7. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    That would be nice. I can imagine wanting to play it primarily on the iPad but be able to pickup where I last was on the iPhone.

8. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Ok, no reason for not getting it any more. I've always found the setting, style and promised gameplay intreaging, but wanted to play on the iPad as I expect the 3GS to be too slow.

9. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Even with everything enabled in settings, at least the first three missions of game runs pretty smoothly. Love the controls. And the visuals. And mechanics so far.

10. tarasis

Jun 20, 2011
    And now those sitting on the fence can pick it up for the bargain of €2,39 rather than €3,99 (which I got it for on Friday or Saturday, curses)

11. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    "Your ship looses energy when colliding with rocks."

Did that grammatical error ever get corrected? You lose energy, whereas you can set energy loose with a blast. The correct English is, "Your ship loses energy when colliding with rocks." :rolleyes:

12. Keeper_LS3D

Keeper_LS3D Member

May 6, 2012
    3D Artist and Managing Director
    Germany
    Time for some news! :)
    For a short period of time Gene Effect will be available for US 2.99$ (2,39€) and
    the complete Gene Effect soundtrack is now available on Bandcamp in high quality, including an unpublished bonus track!

The next major update for Gene Effect will include a complete new translation. So no more grammatical errors...hopefully ;)

Cheers,
    Marco
    Lightstorm3D
    www.GeneEffect.com

13. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    I can't find the relics in the first four missions. How does one know where to look -- do I go over the surface slowly, let the ship scan every inch or do I keep activating the shockwave thing? I've gone through the first mission several times and I still can't find it. :confused:

14. tarasis

Jun 20, 2011
    I've only played the first 3(4?) proper missions so far and only found 1 relic and that was by accident.

I was doing as you were and random blasting. I hadn't noticed any telltale signs of where one is.

15. tarasis

Jun 20, 2011
    Btw will the game be updated to support playing via AirPlay at some point? I'd quite like to enjoy the games beauty on the telly (sound can currently play over AirPlay but it's about a second out of sync)

16. bpk

bpk New Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Stuck

Hi, new the forum and new to the game. REALLY like the game on the iPad 2. I have been stuck on level 9 for quite a while with activating the scanner. I have activated reactor, collected the DNA samples and I found a switch down in the south east cave behind the gate. but I can't get back out of the cave without deactivating it due to the switch in the exit. Is the switch to turn on the scanner. If not, how do you activate the scanner to go west. I've tried everything I can think of but I am stumped. If someone could even give an additional hint it would be appreciated. (sry so wordy!)

17. florendas

florendas Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    I like how the camera shakes when stuff blows up around you feels like a console game.

18. Keeper_LS3D

Keeper_LS3D Member

May 6, 2012
    Germany
    You can ignore those switches in the south. If the activator is running and you got all dna samples, you just have to fly to the scanner (its in the middle of the map) and fly through it. The lights on the scanner should also be activated.

Just fly into the scanner, its opened to the left and right. When the scanning process is done, the nano door behind (left) to the next cave is opened.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
    Marco Windrich
    Lightstorm3D
    www.GeneEffect.com

19. Keeper_LS3D

Keeper_LS3D Member

May 6, 2012
    Germany
    Gene Effect has been updated with patch 1.1.1

Improvements

-More textures have been upgraded to higher resolution

Changes

-Upper brightness limit increased in graphics option

Fixes

-English translation has been redone
    -Fixed dates in chronicles
    -Added missing story elements and made some continuation adjustments for Gene Effect Episode 2
    -Ingame message display will now scale with device resolution (iPad 3 issue)