Universal Get_Fiquette (by Ross Mcrae)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 17, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Maybe you should work in an office instead cause it must be difficult to programme on peanuts!

2. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I've fed backed here and on AppStore and I bot it so there!

3. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    I wondered where the hell you got that name but then I think I figured it out! Also isn't Dimsdale and Kreosot a firm of solicitors?

4. Haha,
    At least, while he is working there we have a steady influx of discounted peanuts and will never go hungry.
    However, peanut diet screws up with your brain and causes you to lose your ability to spell correctly (and possibly screws up some other things as well).

But beggars can't be choosers :)

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

No worries, I only played a lot because I enjoyed it so much.

6. We started making games together (on and off) since 2001. At the time, we both worked in the games industry and had pretty nasty contracts preventing us from working on anything outside of the companies we were employed by.
    But that did not stop us.
    We adopted the pseudo- personas and decided to come up with quirkiest names we could think of and then come up with a company name that is as long as we can make it.
    So Louis Oswald Dimsdale the 3rd and Ferdinand Kreozot characters were born, and then we agreed on the company name of "Dimsdale and Kreozot United games Manufacture".
    Still a couple of months later we got caught by our employers and severely chastised for pulling off that stunt. Fortunately companies we worked for are no more.
    But we are still kicking And no one can stop us :)

Hope this is not too boring an explanation.

Cheers,

FK

7. I just made art for ten more insane levels and beyond, we will be plugging it in the game, and should be in there in the next update.
    I really appreciate your enthusiasm.
    Cheers to you and everyone supporting us,

Regards,

FK

8. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi, it's a great game, hope it sells well for you. I love the artwork it really is appealing and nice choice of game mechanics.

I can confirm however it does crash on the iPod 5g. Always when loading the 2nd level. I'm sure it's something you are or will be looking at. I wouldn't down rate a new game for having bugs though, that's a bit harsh, at lest give the devs a chance. Look forward to a fix for it.

9. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    That's kinda what I thought I guess companies don't want you to have ideas they can make money off it.

10. When it comes to the Ipod we really did not have any devices to test it on.
    Also that is why in the game description on the app store, we listed devices it does work on. It might work on the others but we could not guarantee it.
    I will try to see if I can find iPod and try to test/see how the game runs on it, and if we can do anything.
    Will let you know in this thread.
    Cheers,

FK

11. Yeah, back in the day, their contracts were pretty much to the point where they wanted to own you and everything you did while employed by them, even if it was done in your spare time. (without any reimbursement from them)
    Their defense was that if people take work home to catch up or get ahead, they wanted to have themselves legally covered ownership/ copyright wise.
    But it was a blanket clause that could have been interpreted any way they wanted in their favor.
    I left the industry in 2010, so I have no idea if the contracts still look like that.

Cheers,

FK

12. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    No problem, actually in this current trend of freemium iap loaded games, if you get it to work or you don't, I am happy to have paid for the game and fund future developments. If you get it to work.... Terrific...

13. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Make Peanuts and GET FIQUETTE
    Australia
    New build is in beta testing. Will submit to apple tomorrow.

14. LouisDimsdale

LouisDimsdale Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Make Peanuts and GET FIQUETTE
    Australia
    Heres an exclusive Screen Grab from our next update, now featuring Bootleg City Folk. The Maid, The Old Timer, The Sleepy Dude plus many more have moved into town.

[​IMG]

15. PhoenixWing

PhoenixWing Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    The game looks nice! I might buy it this weekend.

P.S. Did the price get increased to 1.99$?

16. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi, what is happening with the update, was it submitted / released ?

17. Hi guys,
    Price increase, is temporary, we did not expect anyone would notice, as it is not doing that great sales wise- on average, we are selling 2 copies on a good day.
    (which is a bit demoralising)
    In regards to the update, our Gamesalad licence run out, and the build we submitted ended up having ads embedded in it. At the time we could not afford to renew the licence, so it took a while to sort.
    It is good now, we are cooking up the new build and it should be submitted shortly (will still take some time to get through the apple approval process).

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your interest,

Cheers,

FK

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Man. That's a bummer that this isn't picking up steam. This is a great game! Even at 1.99, it's a steal. Hopefully this game gets more attention soon.

19. Eh, it is a learning experience in so many ways :)
    Regardless of (lack of) success, Thanks to everyone here for all kinds of support we received, it sure cheers us up.
    And thanks to touch arcade for reviewing the game, it is great to get our first legit review!
    Touch Arcade Review
    It is fair and awesome.

Cheers to all

FK

20. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Will this update include an option to remove old-timey flicker?