iPad Bug Heroes Quest by Foursaken Media -- casual action/adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

This is one of the those things that is very strange... we have had multiple reports, but every time any one of us test it, the Elephant Snail spawn rate is exactly as it should. I'm wondering if people aren't getting the "spawn next to you if you run away from them" confused with actually new enemies spawning. Remember, if you run a certain distance away from enemies, they will spawn back near you... we did this in order to prevent a spider with fully maxed speed for ex to simply run through entire levels without fighting anything.

That being said, I have tweaked the numbers a bit.

Also the update was submitted yesterday :)

Change Log:
    - changed the way you talk to NPCs -- now tap on an NPC to talk to them
    - when first opening up the map, the game will automatically pause until you move
    - added the ability to turn off the map by tapping anywhere on the screen
    - enemies will no longer spawn right on top of your hero
    - fixed low rez main menu text showing up on hi rez devices
    - fixed the “Enemies to Kill” requirements on Kitchen (8) and Deck (4)
    - reduced the difficulty a bit on “Stocking Up”, and Spider’s “Rendezvous” mission
    - added another Skill Master to make it possible to unlock all skills for all heroes
    - replaced Fly’s “Theft” skill with “Lucky Shot”
    - added a new achievement to reach level 10 with Fly
    - fixed some spelling and grammar mistakes
    - bug fix: level-up skills will no longer be automatically replaced in certain situations
    - bug fix: swapping damage skill in and out won’t remove its effect
    - bug fix: “Enhanced Turrets” no longer affects enemy turrets
    - bug fix: abilities no longer permanently retain their effects if swapped out in mid use
    - bug fix: “Poison Cloud” no longer goes crazy if swapped out during use
    - bug fix: upgrading the health skill will now heal as much as it says it will

2. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    who is fly? is he another bug to play as? also can you play as anyone else or just the main three? and thanks for chaning those two levels as I am stuck on stocking up and it took me about 50 tries for rendezvous.

3. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    You play as one or all three of the main characters in each level, then a few times you run into some of the other heroes, several of which you can play, such as Fly, Ladybug, Termite, and Hopper. You also meet Stick Bug and Worm, but can't play them. I don't think Mantis is in the game, but I haven't finished it yet. There are achievements for helping and levelling up the extra characters - and as mentioned, they are adding an achievement for levelling up Fly. Termite was a bug kicker for sure! Nice to blast everything with his turrets.

4. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    ok thanks. what levels to you get to those extra players?

5. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    actually you do get to play as worm...

6. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Thanks for that nice surprise!

7. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Looking forward to this update.:)

8. dragonheart

dragonheart Active Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Any tips on the rescue the slaves in the mines where ant goes by himself into the mines? I'm stuck on it. :(

9. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Upgrade Ant's weapon by completing 10 minutes in the second Arena level. I'm not sure if you have access to Take Aim by then, but that ability makes short work of armored enemies.

10. jared9876

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    how do you unlock the colosiem?

11. dragonheart

Jun 30, 2011
    Oh! Thanks. :)

12. dragonheart

Jun 30, 2011
    FM, there have been a couple crashes in BHQ (I was playing the coliseum level then the screen froze, then exited) but they're not too bad. Please fix them when you have the time. Still, I absolutely love this game. :D

13. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Update is available for download in the app store now.

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

#314 Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, update is available!

Changes:
    - changed the way you talk to NPCs -- now tap on an NPC to talk to them
    - when first opening up the map, the game will automatically pause until you move
    - added the ability to turn off the map by tapping anywhere on the screen
    - enemies will no longer spawn right on top of your hero
    - fixed low rez main menu text showing up on hi rez devices
    - fixed the “Enemies to Kill” requirements on Kitchen (8) and Deck (4)
    - reduced the difficulty a bit on “Stocking Up”, and Spider’s “Rendezvous” mission
    - added another Skill Master to make it possible to unlock all skills for all heroes
    - replaced Fly’s “Theft” skill with “Lucky Shot”
    - added a new achievement to reach level 10 with Fly
    - fixed some spelling and grammar mistakes
    - bug fix: level-up skills will no longer be automatically replaced in certain situations
    - bug fix: swapping damage skill in and out won’t remove its effect
    - bug fix: “Enhanced Turrets” no longer affects enemy turrets
    - bug fix: abilities no longer permanently retain their effects if swapped out in mid use
    - bug fix: “Poison Cloud” no longer goes crazy if swapped out during use
    - bug fix: upgrading the health skill will now heal as much as it says it will

15. Greenie20902

Greenie20902 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Done leveling up?

So I've basically finished Quest, except for the bathroom arena. Ant is level 58, and I'm still having trouble (yeah, I'm no so good - but I am persistent). I figured I would just go level Ant up a little more - but he seems to have stopped gaining experience. Bug or feature?

Thanks for an awesome game!

16. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    You can only level up when you have skills you can increase. Find a skill master and switch to some skills you haven't maxed out yet - and you will probably level up a bunch of times.

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #317 C.Hannum, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    There's a fairly significant glitch/bug in the new version for those who had managed to get a hero with duplicate level up abilities through the earlier bug of the default skills being swapped into their home slot:

Spider in my profile had two speeds in the level up skills. I gave up and shelved the game after I'd fixed this situation only to have it recur for the 3rd time. With the new version every time I went to go to the equip screen for Spider, instant crash. Wound up having to start a new profile.

EDIT: And deleting the problematic profile and creating a new one with the same name caused further glitchiness. The first time I started a game with the "new" profile" Although there was 0% equipment found and spider was L0, all of the areas were unlocked from the old profile of the same name. Exited the game and came back, that much was gone, but then the game would never save any progress to the characters. Wound up uninstalling, re-installing, and then starting a new profile with a different name.. and that appears to be working properly.

18. Jailjal

Jailjal Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    Does anyone here know which level to find the skill master:chance for beetle and spider? I've already gotten all skill masters but I can't find chance.

19. KAZU-pokepikaz

Jan 15, 2011
    Japan
    maybe BATHROOM-1.

20. dragonheart

Jun 30, 2011
    :D I got the deck coliseum, but it's really hard to kill those spider beasts. The ones which have a green circle when they're about to die. Need a way to kill them quickly please. :p