Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mmclowes

Mmclowes Active Member

Mar 10, 2012
    New York
    Finally got my second Bloom after numerous 'fails' including a Crystal and a Moon. Happy to be getting my 2nd moon though...

2. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    He instantly became the king of the household. At least for a day. ;)

I've benen playing on my iPhone, not good for middle aged eyes either. :D

Keeping my fingers crossed for your birthday, Alyjens! :)

3. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Grats! Looks like I'll be the last to hatch a Bloom #2 - LOL. And this morning I got the cursed 24 hr timer... who warned me about that? So thank-you very much, Clover, and after I had such nice things to say about you too. Ah well. It'll be tomorrow before I have an open cave.. one has the Crystal brooding and the other's a Rare of some sort. >twiddling thumbs<

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sound like you have a wonderful man alrighty....
    I love playing these apps on mine, they look so tiny on my iPhone LOL, easier as
    one gets older too....(referring to myself here) :D

5. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yippee, nice work!
    So, what combo did you end up using?
    Totally agree with you, I also really appreciate the easier successes when they happen....as she lets out a sigh of relief ;)

Hope you are dropping some massive iPad hints for next month? :D

6. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Ouch... Hope you get your second Bloom soon!

Just fed my last Pan Long to 15, four gold shrines! Woop!!

7. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Congrats :)
    Interesting this method also worked for you, only difference were your dragon levels.....

8. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #3488 Foxtail2010, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    Just got the new Pad tonight (thanx to hubby)... all I can say about clarity/resolution is wow. Yeah WOW. :D:D:D

EDIT: hey 48 is a Sun! Nice. 2 Moons & 2 Suns. I like symmetry.

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Whoa.....you too Foxy...cool :D
    Another extra spoilt hubby for a day hehe.

Hey congrats on your sun....
    What combo gave you that again? Drats, wish mine had been a sun....hehe I like symmetry too.....instead 4 moons, 1 sun eek:eek:

10. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    That was Storm/Plant - 12 & 13, I think. Wish we could identify dragon levels while they're in the cave. I put the same pair in a bit ago - 48. :eek: Really didn't want to see that number. A Plant/Storm pair in the EBI keeps giving me Storms. Actually not that bad, because I need to work on my Cold shrine - still not activated to silver. And Storms have the shortest wait of all the Colds. Gotta look on the bright side, right? :)

11. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    At least the long wait was for something you needed. And now you'll have more fun overseeing your kingdom on the Big Screen while you wait! :D Guessing your hubby will be getting the royal treatment, too, at least for a day! Keeping my fingers crossed for your second Bloom, Foxy. ;)

12. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Wow!

Wow! That is quite the accomplishment!!!! I still have a long way to go...

13. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Thank you. I took some sound advice off here and bred a few more rainbows, it soon paid for the food needed. Keep at it, they're definitely worth it, gold is much nicer than silver and bronze. Now it's 50 iron and 50 lichen to breed and feed :S

14. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    #3494 Alyjens, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    Not sure really...:confused: After so many attempts I just throw them in there and don't pay much attention lol! I think it was a Storm/Plant, same as the first but with a low level Storm on the left? :confused:

You better believe he's getting massive hints! ;) He's outside mowing now, but when he comes in he's going to hear about "ALL my DV friends are getting iPads from their husbands......WHAAAAA!" :D I'm saving him $$ too. I'd be happy with the iPad 2, 3 would be pushing it.

He just came in... He says "Well, your birthday is coming up." And I say, (like a big brat) "But I want it NOW!!!!"
    I think these games are making me into a kid again. I'm lucky- he's happy I have so much fun with this.

15. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    When they launched teh 3rd gen iPad, all stores went crazy for a day and my darling bought an iPad 2 at about half price. That's great. Don't need anything else.

16. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Help! I'm at screaming point! I've been breeding back to back plant/storm, storm/plant with a few clover/storm attempts and a couple of love/cold tries, and a reindeer/lightening too but to no avail... I just can't breed a Bloom matter what I try # I'm out of gems and have storm, lichen, crystal and a sun fail!
    Anyone managed it from a combo I haven't tried yet?

17. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ahhh! I feel your pain! So frustrating!!!! Try leveling up a new Storm or even a young one that hasn't been getting much action-pair it with a higher level Plant on the right & just keep trying. Sometimes switching sides every breeding seems to help, too. Good luck!

18. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Yeah, he's getting the royal treatment for more than a day. He gave up something for himself to get me this pad. I'm lucky too- he likes that I have fun with games and even plays dv enough to gift me a gem once in a while.

iPad 2 is pretty sweet, especially at half price! Nice, Yasha!

Aly- Sounds like you'll have a new pad for your birthday! :-D Hope it's soon!

19. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Wishing all my DragonVale friends a happy Easter & Passover! Enjoy the holiday!
    Also wishing successful Bloom breeding to all who are still trying. :)

20. Adaecia

Adaecia Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Thanks Alyjens, I've tried levelling up a new plant and a new storm... No luck so far. Hubby is rofl as I've threatened to start to getting up in the night to maximise breeding cave times!
    Happy Easter to you too, and to everyone else on the forum!