Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1101 C.Hannum, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
    Really, because that's the heavily redacted version :D

I have no sympathy, patience, etc. for those who are so pathetic that they will intentionally cheat in the multiplayer component of games, no matter how silly the game may be to outsiders, particularly where no prize is on the line. Truly losers at life because they can't even grokk the point of play.

As was said, what are you holding onto it for? If you've not finished upgrading your elevator, you'll certainly want to do that, but if you have, you're just letting a floor go to waste you could build.

There's really only two uses for towerbux at this point that are arguably worth their value: 50 bux to 100,000 coins trade ins, and instantly renting an apartment vacancy if you need staff for a store. I'm on floor 41 and haven't resorted to force renting*, everything goes for coins.

* I've been sticking with my early strategy of always keeping more apartment space than business staffing needs, currently at +15 (room to staff one future store of each category) and once I get to floor 50, will up it to +30. This lets me do a good bit of evicting to get in good workers in the different categories and rack up a respectable number of dream jobs as well (30 so far) without spending bux.

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Were you changing the date or time by chance? Having problems recreating this bug without doing that.

3. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Yea I'm at 19 apartments, 25 stores. I find getting Dream Jobs is my favorite aspect of the game, and a huge money maker too. Currently at 62 Dream Jobs.

One other thing I've found that spending Bux is worth it besides elevator/$100K: If you have a Big Spender VIP, and you don't have a well stocked Tier 3 store ready...it can be worth it to spend the Bux to quick complete the stocking (or even quick sell if there aren't that many left). I try to have 3 stores devoted to being Big Spender ready, but sometimes the timing just doesn't match up. I'll spend 5-6 bux and get $30K+ coins, which is well worth it.

4. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Curious about the importance of balance in kinds of businesses constructed. Is it important and, if so, why? Bitizens' "happiness" is not a factor in the game, with the possible exception of dream job allocation and even there happiness is just assumed.

Speak.

5. Wolfplayer

Wolfplayer Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    #1105 Wolfplayer, Jun 30, 2011
    If you don't balance your stores, the demand will go down for the type of stores you have alot of. I'm assuming demand affects the number of customers that enter those stores, so you will be selling things slower (though I've not actually tested this).

Not sure what your statement about happiness means...it is a factor in the game (restocking discount) and dream job is a huge factor in the game (x2 bonus)

6. jofjltncb6

jofjltncb6 Active Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Probably not feasible, but when confronted with a similar problem with Angry Birds, us diehards resorted to an out-of-GC solution to comparing our scores: http://angrybirds-score.com Sure, it still relies on honesty and self-policing (although it does have some anti-cheating mechanisms in place). Would probably be difficult to make something like that work for TT though.

7. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1107 C.Hannum, Jun 30, 2011
    It might be worth it in a few circumstances but, in general, I think this is misguided.

You're not making $30K for your investment because you're just getting the exact same $30K you would have gotten over time anyhow from your "invested" coins in that stock. What you're actually getting is the net from the quick sale value - the lost sales over time until you can restock that product. The only way this becomes profitable is if you can replace that stock fast enough such that your net for bux spent to quick sell exceeds $2000/buck compared to the lost sales while you wait on the restock.

I use these VIPs on my fast cycling businesses like restaurants so I can get the triple product bonus more often and get more towerbux.

8. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I'm contenting myself to building my GC friends list and kicking anyone from that who's obviously cheating (someone from this thread who I won't mention by name jumped from a tower that wasn't even in view behind me to over 200 floors overnight, been nice knowing you).

Does anyone know if the floor price progression has been posted in the strategy thread? I should go look. If I could get hard data for that it should be pretty simple to work out the maximum legit tower since there aren't really enough legitimate variables, even IAP, affecting tower progression.

9. Brezluv10

Brezluv10 New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Just curious

I have bein playing and I have over 30 floors and my stats are ok but I don't seem to be making enough money, And what does it matter if a bitazn is a 9 or 5 they all do the same unless it's a dream job????

10. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Your restock fees for a store are reduced by the total aptitude of the bitizens employed there, so three 9s and you get a 27% decrease to the cost of running that business. A dream jobber is effectively a 50% decrease to one product (as well as reducing the need for restocking) plus whatever their aptitude discount is on all three products. Get triple dream jobs + triple 9s and you only have to restock half as often and have an effective 63.5% discount to run the business.

11. Brezluv10

Brezluv10 New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Ok I get but what if I have a dream job person with only a 5 would it be better if he was a 9??? I try real hard to keep my bits happy

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009

Wanna discount? Get high numbers. Want more stock? Give someone their dream job. Want both?

Do both.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I Am still having major sound issues. No matter how I listen, there are constant sound clippings/drops. It's especially bad as I go up/down on the elevator.

TO NOTE: this does not happen if I have the game sounds turned on. When I do that, I have no problems or clipping.

14. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    I'm going to fill it out later today. I've got allt he data from code...so I'll get it in there. :)

15. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    The higher the number...the higher the discount on stock purchase. A 5 gets a 5% discount a 9 gets a 9% discount. And it's cumulative...so if you have 3 5's you get 15%...but if you have 3 9's you get 27% discount.

16. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #1116 C.Hannum, Jun 30, 2011
    The dream job is also as good as a 50% discount on one item (you only pay the fixed restock fee (minus aptitude discount of course) but get twice the stock). The aptitude discount is just gravy. You're always going to want to place the dream jobber even they're a 0 aptitude for the job, only replacing them with a better dream jobber.

17. Usaer

Usaer Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #1117 Usaer, Jun 30, 2011
    Ignore.

18. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    It's getting tedious looking through 40 floors for a person. At least they should give a hint as to where the person might be (store type.. proximity, etc.). Also the rewards should be proportional to how many floors as a flat floor x2 is too little.

19. sooz

sooz Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Seattle, WA USA
    #1119 sooz, Jun 30, 2011
    Ok. The business/stock spreadsheet is done.

Business Type, Business Name, Stock item, Amount, Restock Time

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoRVCrTj0E7IdGU5RnoyMDh6V09vNURaMDJaWEh3MWc&hl=en_US&authkey=COXxi44O

I know this data is available elsewhere...but I think this is somewhat comprehensive...and it works for the way I think. Plus, y'know - pretty colors.

Let me know if something's wrong on it. I don't have it open to editting since I've had a few shared doc disasters. But I'll maintain it if you catch an error.

Cheerio!

Suzanne

P.S. Thanks to Dazarath for sending me the raw data.
    P.P.S. After looking at the data...I really really appreciate the thought and attention to detail in this game. There are so many clever details.

20. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Thank you. This makes sense to me. But I'd be happy if one of the devs would address the issue of balance.