Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Don't sell your Silvia! I love the old girl. She still gets results. I've saved up and bought the BMW in that series and I bounce between the two as many of the TA crew have times in there. I think there is more than a few ways to enjoy this game. Without doubt when possible buy another car.

2. Definitely liking TSM despite being flawed. Just beat all my friends at endurance :p and got plenty of cash, cheers all :D

3. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    :D Nicely done, I'll have to see about boosting up my time in due course.

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I wish I could but I suck that as well. It seems crazy hard. Maybe needs some tweaking

5. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Stamina has never been my strong suit :(

6. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    OK a stack of us have some proper time in now. How we feeling about RR3 has a game? Have you spent any money on IAPs and what would you be happy to spend on it? We know its flaws but are you enjoying it?
    I know I've come around on it and Im sure those yet to play it will find it reassuring that with a bit of effort this is a game to look forward to

7. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I reached R$35,000 and decided the time had come to go for the Focus. The BMW was R$53,000 if I recall, and I really think I had to take the second car when the chance came up, hence why I took the Focus.

8. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    If you approach the game as it's intended and don't treat it like an arcade racer, then it's got it's merits. Firemonkey's seem to have dramatically improved the wait times for both repairs and service items. Repairs which on (soft) launch day took near an hour are taking less than 10 minutes now, which is far more acceptable.

I haven't purchased any IAP yet because I downloaded the game via my NZ account. When the game launches in the UK, I'll simply use iExplorer to back up my Documents folder, install the UK release and use iExplorer again to copy my Documents folder back across. That way I'll have my progress from now until the 28th, and having downloaded the game with my UK iTunes account, I'll be able to purchase IAP's.

Knowing your car takes damage, is affected by it, and ultimately will cost you money you've either bought (via IAP) or earned (via race events) means you do try to race properly.

My main complaint was always the wait times and the gold coins required to skip them. The "new" wait times, while still a slight annoyance, now plays on impatience. Ten minutes or 3 gold coins is far more enticing to someone who's impatient and addicted to the game, compared to forcing someone to feel like they're being held up at gunpoint when they see a timer with over an hour to wait.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the game and the addition of the community here via TSM is a great feature which adds to the experience.

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Absolutely loving it. I have about 4.5 hours up in total and completed about 60 races. I bought some of the packs, no cash or gold, as I figured they would give me cars and open up events. I think I've spent about $30.00 iap. By far THE most I have ever spent in an iOS game. But I equate it to the cost of PS Vita software at around $50 to $60 a pop and most are not close to this IMO.

Btw my Game Center I'd is gps:01 for anyone who wants to add me. See you trackside!

10. One thing I do not like about this game- the start lights and how the final green light takes longer to come up compared to the red ones. Surely it's supposed to be 1 second gap between each light for the driver to count down too, ready to hit the gas the moment the green one lights yes?

This isn't important on any other race barring the drag, where tapping the button too soon results in a false start. Tapping too late of course gives your opponent the advantage.

To answer Lost's question though- despite the odd flaw, loving this game!

11. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I have to say that I completely changed my opinion about game. I was so disappointed about ridiculous waiting times, but now after they cut them it is one amazing game. I playing third day now and after I got my third car waiting time doesnt bother me anymore. Right now I own 8 cars and dont wait at all to race. I still wish I could buy my own full copy of game. I guess they will never add iap to unlock it so when it arrives to my country appstore i will spend 10-15 € for some iap to support developers.

12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Once I learn to actually race with tilt, and the other controls, compared to gt5/forza4 with a wheel lol.... I'll probably enjoy it more. I haven't purchased any IAP. However, once I like the game to the point that I would buy it for a full price for what it offers, I'll get something IAP to support the devs. I don't like getting free stuff w/o being able to support the devs in some fashion.

13. Wow, it keeps track? So from that screenshot it appears that he played for 5 hours and waited for 8 hours. Guess the reduced wait times from the last update are helping, so that is good. I really hope they can be kind and remove them by the US release.

14. Hehe, me too, they would love to add me cause I suck. Sigh.

15. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Repair wait time seems ... changed, again?

Six repairs to my Focus. 2m 8s.

You also only get 3 gold for ranking up, as opposed to 5, which balances out the lower wait times. Nice.

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Gold only goes up by 5 when you hit ranks 5, 10, 15, 20 etc 3 gold for all the other levels. Don't know about later in the game though.

17. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    I got 5 gold for every rank on the day the game hit the NZ App Store mate. :confused:

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Apparently that was version 1.0, it changed with version 1.0.1.

19. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Wtf, some upgrades can only be done with gold! :mad:

20. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yup, and some cars can only be bought with gold.